What does it mean to be a Shareholder?

Started by Aveen2008, March 19, 2009, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Hi,

I know I sound stupid but what does being a shareholder involve? How do you become one and what is the benefits?

Sorry I have just always wondered :oops:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

A shareholder means that you own Shares in Disneyland (EDL)
To become a member or the shareholders club you have to own at least 5 shares and pay a yearly fee of €30 , or if you own 20 or more ELD Shares you get membership free  :D/
Once a member you get discounts and invitations to shareholders events like movie premiers at DLRP, and shareholders meetings  :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

ford prefect

Eurodisney shares are traded on the Paris Stock Market.  You will need to speak to a stockbroker to arrange the purchase of any shares.

The easiest way to arrange a stockbroker is to speak to your bank.  They will usually be able to arrange a purchase.

I have just purchased a further 15 shares to take my stockholding to 21 shares.

This cost me €61 including commission.

Having purchased your 5 shares (or 20 as Clarebelle said) you can then apply for membership of the Shareholders Club (Club Actionnaire).

This will give you rather a lot of discounts!

You can find more details on http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/sh ... ndex.xhtml
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Clarebelle

We did ours with Self trade, much cheaper and with UK banks you mostly have to open a stock trading account, where they will charge you monthly fees for holding your shares, so not worth it!

Elaine

I just purchased my 20 shares within the last fortnight. I also did it all online with selftrade, it was very simple. They charge one fee only, £12.50, on top of the share price you are buying.

Just waiting for my shareholder card to arrive in the post now  :D

Clarebelle

if you need your membership sooner than the 6 weeks it takes give them a call, we did today, got a very nice chap (French) who was very good at English, delt with our querie and although we got cut off :( he phoned us back and left a message saying our temporary certificate was on the way :D there in 9 days so it will come in handy :D and they will pay for themselves with the savings on AP and one trip to Salon Mickey should put us into profit  :D/  cant wait!!!!!

Aveen2008

Thank you Clarebelle, Elaine and Ford prefect !! =D>  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

id@53

In the General membership terms of the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club document (available here - //http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/general-membership-conditions.pdf) it says
QuoteDiscounts on Disney® Hotels.....Not available on following nights: October 31, December 24 & 31
My question is this, if I was to go from say the 30th December to the 2nd January, would I get the discount for 2 of the 3 nights or is it not available because I'm staying over a black out period?
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

id@53

bump....... Anyone   :-"
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

bigrossco

best people to check with would be disney but i would say it would be ok as long as you are not booking to stay on these dates
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista