Brave (Pixar 2012)

Started by Anthony, March 19, 2009, 02:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Love that new trailer, and the poster. Very restrained and intriguing. Glad to see the bear featured again, that was the most interesting part of the original concept and teaser trailer.

Can't wait to see something fresh from Pixar. Agree with you about Cars 2 dagobert, though I never posted my views of it here (probably lucky or I'd have to ban myself for profanity). What a disaster that was, thoroughly depressing to watch as a big fan of the original film.

Anthony

Final theatrical trailer!

[youtube:3plcb0lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVKwKhqin0Y[/youtube:3plcb0lo]

dagobert

Nice trailer, the best so far. I like it and I'm really looking forward to see that movie. After the bad Cars 2 movie, I hope this one will be a quality movie I expect from Pixar.

lauralouisemidwinter

Oh my days, I am so exited now, can't wait to see it :)
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Simba 27

Great trailer! I cannot wait to see it!! Remember that before Brave, it will be the short "La Luna" directed by Enrico Casarosa.

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

JelleP

Anyone seen this already? I'm going to buy one for myself...
[youtube:sy410ded]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINUwnK60P4[/youtube:sy410ded]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Little mermaid 240

Hi
This clip made my daughter and I laugh. We have been waiting for this to be released along with the Tangled Ever After short for a while now, it seems we like the ones with attitude, and this clip is very funny! Thanks :-D
Little Mermaid x

JelleP

I have to say... this is the best promo yet...
[youtube:11li97xy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYW3e5M-fM[/youtube:11li97xy]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Columbiad

The film is set to close the Edinburgh International Film Festival with it's word premiere and I was hoping to go along and hope to try and bump into some of the cast and crew - does anyone know if John Lasseter usually attends these sort of events?

jj554

Saw a (free! lucky me) preview screening of Brave this morning - I'm pleased to say it lived up to my hopes! Merida is a likeable heroine and I loved watching her tale unfold.

Pixar are obviously renowned for the high quality of their films and although a bit different from some of their other efforts, I would happily rank this alongside their best productions. It has fantastic characters, loads of laugh-out-loud moments for both adults and kids, and of course, a big dose of Disney heart. The whole cinema was chuckling throughout.

In addition, the visuals, as you may expect, are simply breathtaking. The attention to detail is utterly sublime and the sweeping shots over the Scottish scenery are just incredible.

Suffice to say I left the cinema feeling uplifted and thrilled - I would heartily recommend!

Would be great to hear the thoughts of others who see it.

P.S - anyone know why our UK release was so much later than the USA release?
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

petals

UK release dates are usually always months after USA releases Twilight and Harry Potter are only ones I know released around the world the same day. I saw the Muppets movie in December in Florida it wasn't released over here until February this year.

Anyways loved Brave. I've never heard of the Bear and the bow. Love the attention to detail. I'm wondering were cast all Scottish or were the accents put on though. Eitherway fab movie and worth going to see

Pete's Dragon

Really enjoyed it. Lots of humour and very entertaining. Although it did see like very safe ground they were following. There were elements of Mulan, Brother Bear, (the legend of zelda) and the [spoiler:2c3c79xr]fight scene at the end was very Lion King[/spoiler:2c3c79xr]

Not as good as Up, Wall-E or TS3, but a vast improvement over Cars 2.

7.5/10

Rocketeer

Finally saw this yesterday. Have to say I was a little underwhelmed.

Visually it was stunning, the landscapes were outstanding, and as usual the animation was done with great talent. The emotive expressions of a none speaking character were really well done.

Plot wise though it seemed a little brief. It was quite a quick jump from one sequence to another, and some of the plot points got resolved rather conveniently.

And, as like the poster above, I'll give it a 7/10.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Thaliel

Brave just won an Oscar for best animated movie
<-Plz click

julesk

Quote from: "Thaliel"Brave just won an Oscar for best animated movie

=D>  Thats brilliant news, I really like that movie. Its such a same DLRP arnt doing a meet and greet like they did with Rapunzell.  =D>