DisneyShopping.com - quick question...

Started by -breeno-, March 17, 2009, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

First of all very, very, very sorry if there is already a topic about DisneyShopping.com and/or my question has been already answered.

Ok now i'm looking at buying something on www.disneyshopping.com but i have one of two questions, 1. How long does it take to deliver? (It's a present for mothers day so it would have to be before Sunday, being as this is an American site it is unlikely i know) and 2. As it's an American site would my product me safe being posted? (i'm looking at a snow globe and worried about it getting damaged when it's being posted)

Thanks very much in advance :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

15MagicalYears

Since it's from the US I doubt it will be here for Sunday as it took 3 weeks for me to recieve a book from an American site.
And about the snow globe, it should be fine. They'll package it suitable for airmail.

Clarebelle

I wouldnt worry about packaging, a friend of mine frequents in WDW and always buys various snow globes/expensive fragile items and they always post them too him and arrive in perfect condition ;)
Just be careful as you may incur import charges and taxes
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

Ok, I bought off Disney Shopping just recently, so I can answer your questions accurately. I ordered two deluxe snowglobes off them, and they arrived in perfect condition. In regards to how long they took to arrive, I placed my order on the 2nd of February and then recieved them on the 6th of February. So it only took 4 days. They give you a tracking number so you can track it as it makes its way across the world.

One thing I will warn you of though. Everytime I've ordered off Disney Shopping, I've always had to pay a big customs bill. For my two snowglobes (and a few pins), it cost me £24 in customs. Luckily, I had already factored about £20 customs when I decided to order the snowglobes, so it was still good value for money.

-breeno-

Thanks so much for your help :)  I don't really mind about it coming late, as i will be getting other bits and bobs too, just as long as it does arrive :P

Quote from: "Masamune"One thing I will warn you of though. Everytime I've ordered off Disney Shopping, I've always had to pay a big customs bill. For my two snowglobes (and a few pins), it cost me £24 in customs. Luckily, I had already factored about £20 customs when I decided to order the snowglobes, so it was still good value for money.

Hmm do you have any idea how much the customs of my item would be (it costs $14.95, which according to a currency converter is £11.39)?  Or is there anyway of finding out?

Thanks again :)
- Walt Disney

Masamune

My orders from them have always been pretty big, so the customs price has always been pretty big too. I think they base it on the weight and size of the box the item arrives in. As far as I know, there's no way of finding out what the cost will be prior to it arriving, as sometimes people get let off with it.

-breeno-

Thanks Masamune :)
- Walt Disney

MirahB

State taxes are funny things, as nobody wants to pay them but everybody wants the things they pay for. Some states are mulling changing entirely to sales taxes, but the arguments for and against sales taxes and state income taxes are equally compelling. Click here for more details.