Pin Trading Question - Bringing pins from the UK to trade?

Started by Eager_Eyes, April 22, 2009, 07:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eager_Eyes

Hello all I'm a newbie here, and I hope that this the right place to post this question.

I'm all booked up for my trip in a few weeks time and I just can't wait! I've been collecting pins for a few years, but I've never really got into trading much and with it starting up in the UK disney stores its been making me think about how much fun it would be trade while I'm in Paris.

My main problem is I don't have any pins I'm willing to part with to trade. I was planning on buying a fair few of the £3 core pins form the UK stores before I leave and trading them while I'm there.  I'm wondering if it will be worthwhile?

I don't know how popular pin trading is there and if I would look silly wearing a lanyard of traders, and second I don't know if they would accept UK pins to be traded?

Any help with making my decisions about if this a good idea would be appreciated

Clarebelle

Hi there :D

We were there for the launch of MMP and took a selection of UK LE pins with us to trade and they were like GOLD DUST! especially the Mickey and Stitch (Paddy's day) ones, we were trading them for pins costing at least €12 :shock: and CM definatly took notice.

Unfortunatly for us :( the Lady and the Tramp and Muppets Valentines day pins were not popular, we think that they didnt really realise that they were LE, where as Mickey band leader is a bit more impressive ;) Although you might get away with trading with those on the pin boards :D We didnt take any core pins to trade so I cant comment on those, we are more intrerested in LE tbh  :oops: and mose OE that you can trade for seem to be attraction pins and trading booster pack pins, that you can just buy anyway  :?

As for lanyards, I dont think you will look silly, we always wear ours, last time we took the UK ones that say VIP and it got us alot of attention lol (and they handy to store AP and Credit cards, Shareholders etc so all you need is your camera and off you go :D ) and all the CM have them, we have noticed there seem to be a lot less people with them, but who cares
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]