Our 7th Aniversary - 2/2/09 - 6/2/09

Started by benjuth_lightyear, February 25, 2009, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjuth_lightyear

For our seven year aniversary me and my fiancee chazy decided to do something exciting to celebrate, so what better to celebrate than to pack our bags and head over to DLRP to catch the end of the 15th year celebrations...

I had visited DLRP a few times before so I was overly excited at the prospect of going back, but I hadnt been since the studios had opened which added that extra little bit of excitment at a new adventure... Chazy had never been at all which made me even more excited at seeing her excited...

2/2/09 - Departure Day... And our Aniversary - DAY ONE

It was a very early morning running round the flat at 3am making sure we had every last little bit that we needed...with the odd worried look at the amount of snow that was falling outside we crossed our fingers and hoped for the best that the dreaded weather wouldnt cause too many problems and at 4am we departed for the airport...

We checked in fine and was told there would be a little delay due to the plane needing a new flight slot but should only add an extra 15 mins onto our wait which was a big relief so we headed of to the departure lounge to eat one of the worst fry ups ive ever experienced...maybe this was a sign of bad things yet to come...

Chazy went to play in the duty free louge and tried on every pair of designer sunglasses she could get her hands on...

after all that we found our boarding gate and sat and watched every plane in the airport taking off in what seemed to be the worst snow ive ever seen... this added a little bit of confidence as we knew taking off shouldnt be a problem... until it was anounced that our plane was cancelled due to bad rain in Paris so we hot footed it back to the main airport where we managed to get to the front of the queue to find out how we were gonna make it to paris that day.... to our dismay the only flight that was leaving for Paris wasnt until 5:30pm... determined to get that flight even if i had to fly the plane myself we booked onto that and kept our fingers crossed...

we headed back home for some rest upset knowing that we wouldnt arrive until at least 12 hours later than we hoped loosing out on a day of our trip...

the day slowly crept along as i checked online every five minutes at weather reports and airport departure flights to see if we stood a chance of going anywhere and signs looked positive, the only bad thing on our side was the fact that the snow didnt want to stop falling...

we got back to the airport and had a stiff drink to calm the worries of having to cancel the trip...we sat and waited...and waited...and waited...

by this point every single flight in the airport was being cancelled... apart from ours :D we finally boared the plane and had to sit on the runway for an extra hour an a half whilst the snow plough shifted a bit of snow off the runway and a bloke on a cherry picker hosed us down with anti freeze... we took off eventually and sighed a massive sigh of relief...

We arrived in paris and started to work out how we were gonna get to DLRP seeing as we had missed our Transfer bus, we made our way to the train station and jumped on a train and sat in first class and within a few minutes we had arrived... it was now 10:15pm

after the long walk from the trainstation to The Hotel Cheyene we checked in and hunted down diner for the night...a packet of crisps and a bottle of Coke... non the less i was excited and releived that we had finally made it...

3/2/09 - Day Two

I slept like a baby that night and woke up nice and fresh with any exhaustion ready to fill myself up on breakfast...

after breakfast we met Mickey...

after meeting Mickey it felt as if we could properly start this trip with no more worries which was fantastic, we headed back to the room and got ready to start our day...

The air was freezing cold but it was nice to see the snow hadnt follwed us and it was nice to see Disney Village in daylight...

After a quick trip around the shops and trying to get into the cars outside Annettes we made it to the park :D

We bumped into Mickey again, he'd changed out of his wild west kit and put on his traditional suit...

We confirmed the cold to ourself when we saw penguins running round everywhere but then realised they were with mary poppins...

Chazy caught her first glimpse of the castle and dived in arms open wide for a photo...

We then found Minnie...

After leaving minnie alone we saw the character express heading our way after getting a few photos we decided we'd meet up with the characters another day and check out the castle a little bit closer up...

We left the castle and heard an announcement that sleeping beauty had woken up and would be coming out for a bit of a sing song and a dance...

After another stroll we took some found the curious labrynth, i wasnt that curious about going inside as id spent enough time walking round in circles follwing chazy as she took a photo of everything in the park and we stolled staight past and found a gathering of characters waiting to be snapped by the camera...

We decided togo and get warm so we went round all the dark rides in fantasy land and paid a trip to dumbo too who looked freezing cold!!

Then it was time for some Pirates!!!

Then it was off to Caseys corner for a bite to eat...

After spending the last part of the day in Discoveryland we decided to head back to the hotel to rest our aching legs before we set our for dinner at Cafe Mickey in the evening...

Later on that day after an hours rest we headed off to dinner at Cafe mickey which was one of the best nights ive had out for a long time, the food was fantastic, the character were brilliant and it was a perfect way to celebrate our delayed aniversary!!

Then to finish the night off we took a nice slow walk back to the hotel to get some rest for the follwing days adventures...

peep

Wow some nice pics in there, looks like there were lots of characters out and about.

Shame about the weather cancelling your flight, at least you got to the Resort in the end.

Sounds like you had a good first day in the park. The park also looks empty in the pics, was it? I wish it was empty when we went, meh.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Handy Andy

Oooh, bad start to the trip, but it looks like you soon cheered up. Great report so far and really photos. Looking forward to the rest.

Bestest
Andy
Magical Wishes
Andy

Aveen2008

Hey Benjuth_lightyear!

welcome to the forum :D/

I'm sorry there was such a huge delay to your trip, i would have been so upset but it looks like you made up for it as it looks like you had a brilliant time and your photos are fantastic, i am so jealous of the one in between minnie and Mickey! :P

Can't wait to see and hear about day 2!! =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

ColdSun

indeed not the best start but it definetely looks like once you finally arrived at Disney you had a lot of fun. The pictures are great and I'm looking forward to read the rest of your report.

magic_823

great trip report- loving all the pics. shame bout plane delay

love that peter pan and wendy were on the charcter express- ive only saw them in parades!:)

DLP-Photos.com

Welcome to the forum :D

Shame about the plane, but I'm happy you got to DLRP evntually, so you could make this great trip report. It seems like you had an awsome trip and the pictures are great. On some of them it actually looks like there were more characters than guests :lol:

I cannot wait to see the next part of the report :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Great report, thanks for sharing it. I'm sorry to hear about the plane problems on the first day, but I'm glad that the rest has been good :)

benjuth_lightyear

Hello all, thanks for the comments so far!!!

The park was seemed very quiet all through the trip, the only times you saw alot of people was in the audience for the shows but they soon disapered at the end of the show...ive no idea where they were hiding all week!!

The lack of crowds meant there wasnt much of a wait in queues for the rides which was brilliant, i think the longest we queued was about 20 minutes on the second to last day when we went to meet Pooh... the only other queues we got stuck in was for food...

There seemed to be alot of characters out all week, more than ive seen in recent trips which was brilliant!!

benjuth_lightyear

Day Three - Walt Disney Studios

It was another early morning and I again took advantage of the huge amount of food available at breakfast filling myself up with plent of energy for another action packed day..

I had never been to the stuidios in previous trips as it was still in construction stages so I didnt know what to expect, but i knew i wouldnt be disapointed!!

We set off and seemed to arrive at the park incredibly early, it was around 9:15 when we got through the gates, none of the rides were due to start til 10:00 so it gave us chance to have a wonder around and for chazy to take pictures every step of the way...

The first ride of the day came in the form of Crushes Coaster, we'd been advised to get on this early as the queues may build up throughout the day so that where we headed... and soon after we bumped into Donald before heading off to the Studio Tram Tour...

After the tram tour we headed to The Tower Of Terror which was incredible, for someone whos not that keen on heights I was a little nervous but before i realised how high up we were, we were back on the ground... soon after we found even more characters...

Before we knew it after doing pretty much everything in the park we made sure we saved Rock N Roller Coaster and Stitch Live until last.... Stitch was brilliant until he turned on me and descoverd i'd escaped from space prison...i knew we shouldnt of hid and sat on the back row... it blows my mind to think how they do it, but its a fantastic experience!!

As it was only 3:30 we decided itd be a good idea to head over to the main park and see the Once Upon A Dream Parade...

Then it was time to head back to the hotel yet again before heading out for dinner in the evening... we decided to give The Rainforest Cafe a try and wished we hadn't, the place seemed pretty cold, the food was terrible, the waiter forgot our drinks and when it came to putting a little complaint in the manager was the rudest person ive ever come across... I wouldnt recomend it to anyone...

Slightly disapointed and still a bit hungry we treated ourselves to some retail therapy before heading back to the hotel for another packet of crisps and a bottle of coke in hope that our next day would make us forget what a rubbish night out we'd had!

Day four on its way...

peep

Looks like you had a good third day. Shame about the Rainforest Cafe. I've been there on several occasions now (including last week) but the worst problem I've had is trying to get the bill to pay for it (which I seem to find at most restaurants that I go to).

The Butlin Boy

Another great day, except for the Rainforest Cafe incident though :roll: I can't wait for the rest :)

Handy Andy

Shame about the Rainforest Cafe. I hope it didn't spoil your day too much.
Magical Wishes
Andy

benjuth_lightyear

Day Four
Another birght and early morning arrived and once id filled up at breakfast we made a list of all the things we'd missed in both parks and set of for another day of adventures...

ooh...just after breakfast we bumped into Minne and Goofey too...

We arrived at the Disney Land Park to find Mickey being driven around Main Street...

I made a mistake of leaning on a lampost on mainstreet...it moved about a foot away from me, they should really bolt them down a bit tighter!!

First thing on the list for the day was to head straight over to Woodys Roundup to see which characters would be out in hope that Woody may make an appearance...

After about 45 mins of waiting around there was no characters to be found so we decided to go and catch Mickeys Winter Wonderland...

But on our exit we spotted Woody so we grabbed a few photos with him :)

Next thing on the list was to go and Visit Pooh, this was the longest queue we waited in all week!!!

Next it was a quick trip again around fantasyland before I treated Chazy to dinner with the princesses...

Next it was a trip on the Disney Railroad, chazy had spotted people with candyfloss which meant we had to explore the whole park trying to get her some... (it was me really that wanted some really)

Eventually after doing a whole round trip on foot around the park, we ended back up on Main Street where we started and found some Candy Floss :)

The day flew by really fast and before we knew it the sun had set and darkness had arrived just in time for Mickey and Minne to light up the castle...

it seemed a while since we'd had dinner so we popped into Macdonalds for a quick snack...

and then it was time for some more retail therapy before heading back to the hotel to make sure our bags were packed for the following day :(

luckily the following day we were on a late flight home so we could continue with our list of things we must do before we leave :)

Day 5 coming soon...

peep

It looks like you had another great day. What did you think of the winter show?