Plussing the classic attractions

Started by Kristof, February 23, 2009, 05:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

So Phantom Manor got recently "plussed" with a re-designed Seance room and a new Leota head.  

Which attractions would you give a subtle update without major costs, tearing down existing structures or altering its story line significantly?  

Imagineer it!  :mrgreen:

RnRCj

I'd do something with Indy. Adding a few things like tunnels and fire effects (and possibly music) would really improve it.

I've always found it disappointing that you never actually enter the temple on Indy, so I think it would be good if the temple was extended to go around the helix after the loop and the following brake run. Inside it would be dark and there would be fire effects, and then as you pass through the mid-course brakes a rolling ball would pass over your head. :mrgreen: On the final turn of the ride you would leave the building through a cloud of mist and go flying into the final brake run.

Although that's not really a subtle update, is it?! :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Great idea for a topic Kristof :)

I love the Indy improvements as well RnRCj 8)

My idea wouldn't be in a ride itself, to be more exact it'd be in the queue. Basically, I've always thought that since updating Space Mountain to Mission 2, one of the best things that was lost was the fantastic queue line (in SM:M2 it is just a tunnel with a couple of space pictures, whereas the original had windows that looked out 'into space', where you could see the coaster whizzing around, the asteroids, planets, etc), so I'd bring that back :mrgreen:

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Great idea for a topic Kristof :)

My idea wouldn't be in a ride itself, to be more exact it'd be in the queue. Basically, I've always thought that since updating Space Mountain to Mission 2, one of the best things that was lost was the fantastic queue line (in SM:M2 it is just a tunnel with a couple of space pictures, whereas the original had windows that looked out 'into space', where you could see the coaster whizzing around, the asteroids, planets, etc), so I'd bring that back :mrgreen:

Yes yes! The open queue was amazing! Although it wouldn't be the same not being able to look out and see the Blue Moon Mining Co.. :(

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Great idea for a topic Kristof :)

Yes yes! The open queue was amazing! Although it wouldn't be the same not being able to look out and see the Blue Moon Mining Co.. :(

Well then while we're at it, we'll put that back too :wink:  :P

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Well then while we're at it, we'll put that back too :wink:  :P

You know what, why not just bring back all of de la Terre à la Lune? :P There was nothing wrong with it in the first place!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Well then while we're at it, we'll put that back too :wink:  :P

You know what, why not just bring back all of de la Terre à la Lune? :P There was nothing wrong with it in the first place!

Hehe, I thought that was coming :lol:

Owain

Theres been talk about adding disney characters to its a small world, why not add or update more disney storys/fairytales to Le Pays des Contes de Fées.

TowMater

POTC should change quite a bit, Them dueling pirates needs to be closer to eachother.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

RnRCj

Quote from: "Owain"Theres been talk about adding disney characters to its a small world, why not add or update more disney storys/fairytales to Le Pays des Contes de Fées.

No characters in it's a small world please - they don't belong there and don't make sense.

peep

Quote from: "TowMater"POTC should change quite a bit, Them dueling pirates needs to be closer to eachother.

Yes, that would be cool, but please no addition of Depp and Co. I don't think that is necessary at Paris. But a general make-over and update for the existing animatronics would be brilliant. Maybe an addition of a few more effects or something?

Star Tours! Needs at least an update on the projectors (digital perhaps?) and the seating needs to be replaced, getting very worn out. Maybe a blast of smoke when [spoiler:1d05i8ro]you hit the asteroids[/spoiler:1d05i8ro] I think that would be cool as the lights aren't really noticed.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Agent Lex

Or the ever-rumoured Star Tours 2. It would only take an update of the projection and movements, no update to the attraction's structure at all! O:)

Anthony

Autopia should change to the same electric cars as Hong Kong. Ford spent that money on the new entrance signs, but it's noisy, polluting and really not a good advertisement for their cars.

Space Mountain should drop the "Mission 2" title and introduce a RNRC-style pre-show in one of the rooms using automatic doors and a projection screen to depict the characters of the book discussing their Columbiad cannon around a table at the Baltimore Gun Club. I'd also switch out the crap pictures of space formations (most of which have some kind of (C) Getty Images mark on them) with plans and blueprints for the columbiad itself. Maybe drawings and projections of the route you'll take and what the inventors thought you might find up there...

Moteurs... Action! could do with introducing a new stunt sequence sometime.

Adventure Isle I'd plus with the pirate games from DL's Pirate's Lair dotted around.

La Cabane des Robinson could be plussed by simply looking lived-in rather than deserted.

SophieD

Quote from: "Owain"Theres been talk about adding disney characters to its a small world, why not add or update more disney storys/fairytales to Le Pays des Contes de Fées.

No characters in it's a small world please - they don't belong there and don't make sense.

how about one hidden mickey?? that would be fun trying to spot him
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

RnRCj

Quote from: "SophieD"
Quote from: "RnRCj"No characters in it's a small world please - they don't belong there and don't make sense.

how about one hidden mickey?? that would be fun trying to spot him
Hidden Mickey's are fine! In fact any subtle references to Disney characters or films are a good thing in any attraction. :) I just don't like it when characters are blatantly dumped in places they don't belong.