It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland (MMP)

Started by Anthony, February 09, 2009, 12:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Why does one of the circles have a chunk missing from it already?

The colours could have been a bit more neutral, like a different coloured concrete circle.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Willow"Why does one of the circles have a chunk missing from it already?

It's where the guests have been so shocked by their ugliness they tried and scrape them up, silly! :P

Captain Pan

Quote from: "jennytablina"I don't think there will be any issues getting enough spaces, in fact there may be a problem getting enough kids brave enough to get out there XD. Children are kind of shy about volunteering at times unless they get excited enough to forget about being shy and join in

Eather way this looks more interactive than the Block Party at WDW was so I have high hopes  [-o<

That's not exactly true... Younger the children the more willing they are to join in my research and everything I've been taught this last year...

But more importantly...

Paint already showing wear and tear... Chunks (As pointed out by Willow) Scuff Marks revealing the concrete below it!
Not a good sign for something that hasn't even started yet... How is this supposed to survive through the Launch, move on till the Summer until it ceases past Fall?

This is needing a paint job minimum of Once a month... if not once a Week... Just to keep it looking "professional" even if it is Professionally Pants!

luke85

it just looks so awful. what a horrible addition to Disoveryland, which is slowly becoming more and more like Tomorrowland. It's losing its identity because of events like this :(

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Willow"Why does one of the circles have a chunk missing from it already?
You're right, there are chunks missing from some of the circles already. When I was there this week, on one of the circles a whole quarter was missing!

(damn those Disney Central Plaza people scooping me on the pictures! :P)

ford prefect

I must admit, I am not keen on the floor decorations!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Kristof

A few photos from our moderator Flor:

bigrossco

do you recon the 2 lines will be where stich will 'park'
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Agent Lex

Quote from: "bigrossco"do you recon the 2 lines will be where stich will 'park'
That's what I'd figured when I saw the floor there. Though that means at least some of the coloured circles are behind Stitch :?

Kris

Oh I'd assume that's what it's for. The float is almost circular though isn't it? Stitch can easily turn round? They'd be foolish not to use the space behind for extra capacity.

The peeling circles and markings are a big worry though. Did these not get tested? Not the same kind of material as the pumpkinmen orange splashes? How has this happened SO quickly?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Agent Lex

In case we needed another photo, got it uploaded to flickr. Check it out.

Poppy The Monkey

Yes the lines are Stitch's parking place!

And there is soft-opening tomorrow for normal guests!! Not sure what time, but I think after 1pm...

Reiana

The poster on SM looks   :?  :roll:  :?  and I think, the colored circles look ok. But the lines for Stitch look somehow like "Caution, wet floor" or something like that.
Couldn't they just draw another bigger circle for Stitch? The two lines simply don't match the circles.

DLP-Photos.com

:shock:  :sick: I cannot disagree with anything that has been said about this floor - it is ugly as... I do not what to say about this... The poster... either it should be in another place or in another design if it was ever to do any good for Space Mountain.

However, I hope that this in someway can surprise us all, although I find it hard to see how.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Wezz

Today's first preview.. More pics on CaféMickey.com !!