Pinocchio merchandise

Started by Tubbyherman, February 08, 2009, 06:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubbyherman

Has anyone seen any interesting Pinocchio bits and pieces on their travels? We only have the cuddley toys, and will get the DVD when it's released. But I wondered if anyone had seen anything a bit different on their recent trips?

Miss Tinkerbell

l've seen some pins and a mug once, but l can't for the life of me remember how much it cost! lt was in the trading post store in frontierland

Tubbyherman

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"l've seen some pins and a mug once, but l can't for the life of me remember how much it cost! lt was in the trading post store in frontierland

Thanks Miss Tinkerbell. It's actually for a 3 yr old, so I'm not sure he can be trusted with pins and mugs yet. But certainly something to get him for the future, as he's a huge Pinocchio fan. I would never have thought to look in Frontierland, I was planning on heading straight for the store next to the Pinocchio ride. Sadly the ride is closed most of the time when we're there, it opens on our last day (thankfully and fingers crossed), but I wonder whether the shop will be open if the ride is closed? Anyone any ideas?

Miss Tinkerbell

l kept my eyes open for you yesterday, but sadly I wasn't really able to find anything pinocchio related other than a snowglobe.  Hardly a toy for a little kid...

l did ask wether the shop will be kept open and the girl said she wasn't sure, she thought it was just the carts outside the shop.  But l looked around there too and l couldn't find anything either so you might not miss out on a whole lot :)

Tubbyherman

Thanks for looking Miss Tinkerbell, that was really kind. One saving grace is that the ride wil re-open on our last day, otherwise I fear I may be bringing home one very unhappy little boy! We'll be hunting down Pinocchio whilst we're there, I should imagine I'll be able to find out where he is by asking at City Hall. The snow globe sounds quite interesting though, and a nice decoration for his room. I'll be investigating that one.

Thanks again.

Clarebelle

There was plenty of new merchendise in our UK disneystore, probably intime for the re-release on 9th March, so hopefully there will be more coming soon :D
They do a really nice Figaro plush in Sir Mickeys :D I just had to buy it, after I saw a five year old with one waiting for the parade one day  :oops:  lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Agent Lex

And of course there's the limited edition Pinocchio pin that went up on sale this evening on the site, and tomorrow at UK Disney stores.

Clarebelle

dont you mean some UK stores??  :P  ie. NOT mine :(
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Tubbyherman

Thanks everyone. By sheer coincidence I was in the Lakeside Disney store today and saw all the fantastic new Pinocchio merchandise they've got. It's certainly given me lots of ideas for the little fellas birthday, but as he was with me I only came away with a set of snap cards (could be bought and easily concealed from prying eyes)! He's also got his eye on Figaro, and for the first time I saw Jiminy Cricket for sale.

I noticed they were selling the pins at this store, but as the children were playing up didn't get chance to see which ones were available. Sorry.

Masamune

The new Pinocchio stuff they have in UK Disney Stores is adorable! :D I bought the cutest little Cleo beanie. It goes perfect with my DLRP Figaro plush. :P I just wish they had released a Monstro plush too.