Did Festival Disney ever have a logo?

Started by pussinboots, February 08, 2009, 02:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

I don't remember seeing one, ever. It must have gotten some kind of logo, even if not as elaborate as the current (highly lamentable) identity or the earlier Disney Village logo.

Riebi

Yes it was blue and red (ground) with white letters as I remember it right.
It was at the fences at the entrances.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

EDDY

Hey,
don't know if it ois that you're searching for, but that was the early Festival Disney sign, similar to the signs you'll find now...

Source//http://www.dlrp.spantig.net/
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Disneyland Paris Treasures

This logo is taken from a travel agency brochure from April 1992 (when the park first opened):

The brochure already featured all the final hotel logos, so this most likely was the official logo for "Festival Disney" back then.

I do not know if this has been changed later on, before "Festival Disney" became "Disney Village".

pussinboots

Thank you both very much!

That is amazingly outdated, haha. It even has those little pastel-colored geometric waves and triangles that were printed on every bedspread and tracksuit from about 1986 to 1994.

And another hole in the resort's history has been filled.

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "Mobi"This logo is taken from a travel agency brochure from April 1992 (when the park first opened):

The brochure already featured all the final hotel logos, so this most likely was the official logo for "Festival Disney" back then.

I do not know if this has been changed later on, before "Festival Disney" became "Disney Village".

Oh I remember this!! Complete flalshback!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

bigrossco

that is something i did not know ... guess I was to young LMAO

But hay Disney Village is such a better name
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Riebi

They had another logo at the entrance of it. It was just written on the fences. It had red and blue ground (as the old popcorn-paper bags). Not as beautiful as the one in the brochure  :mrgreen:

Anthony

Wow, it must have been like being in an episode of Saved By the Bell judging by the logo! I don't think I'd ever seen that one until now, so thanks for posting.

The current logo needs some major work. It's far too "McDonald's" and far too "chuck a font into Adobe Illustrator, yeah that'll do" (although I can't talk). I never understood the weird tail on the "g" either...

Maybe we should have a design-a-Disney-Village-logo competition?

casschr05

QuoteMaybe we should have a design-a-Disney-Village-logo competition?
Oh can we Anthony?
:lol:

Yeah I agree our current logo looks quite er basic and looks as if someone created it within seconds

Anthony

Quote from: "casschr05"Yeah I agree our current logo looks quite er basic and looks as if someone created it within seconds
Well, using that same brief, here's my entry... :lol:

The old Downtown Disney logo was a bit wacky:

Then they made it a bit bland and plain, but at least more timeless:

So maybe Disney Village just needs to be simple and relatively classy too?

Wonderful work I know.

I wonder if they'll ever change or just remove the main entrance arch? It's not looking too dated, but if they do build a second street it'll have to have something done... When was that older Disney Village logo introduced?

pussinboots

I think the first Downtown Disney logo is Walt Disney World's while the second is Disneyland's (but you're probably aware of that). Although Walt Disney World might have a different logo now. And personally, I like Walt Disney World's. It's not that wacky; crack is wack.

And I think the initial Disney Village logo first appeared around '96/'97 along with the name change. (The problem is that when I researched that date for the Wikipedia article, I couldn't find a good source and I just guessed, and now whenever someone else mentions that it happened in '97 it might mean they got it from that ill-researched article. If only someone had a picture of themselves standing in front of that arch, half-finished, holding that day's newspaper.)

But it's nearly impossible to come up with a good logo for the current Village, because it doesn't know what the hell it wants to be. The day it decides whether it wants to be hip or retro, American or geographically ambiguous, wholesome or jiggy with it... Then things like a logo will come organically.

The same identity crisis befalls Disney's California Adventure, which in an interesting parallel went with a new logo that looks kind of like yours, Anthony:
http://www.anaheimoc.org/client_upload/ ... _logo2.gif

Well, they both consist of the Disney logo with a simple sans serif, at least.

Riebi

After a longer searching time for my Shareholders club card (I think I lost it during renovation...) I found the original old Festival Disney Logo at a resort entertainment programm flyer.

It was once in the colors red and blue at the fences of "festival disney" and at the entrance.

If you wanna see the rest of the official "Euro Disneyland" Programm des Spectacles / Entertainment Programm from 20 March till 26. March 1994 give me a note. I will scan the rest for you.  :wink:

pussinboots

Quote from: "Riebi"After a longer searching time for my Shareholders club card (I think I lost it during renovation...) I found the original old Festival Disney Logo at a resort entertainment programm flyer.

It was once in the colors red and blue at the fences of "festival disney" and at the entrance.

If you wanna see the rest of the official "Euro Disneyland" Programm des Spectacles / Entertainment Programm from 20 March till 26. March 1994 give me a note. I will scan the rest for you.  :wink:

Ah, excellent! Thank you so much.

It seems that logo was based on Gehry's red-and-silver columns. Although that wouldn't work with blue, I suppose.

This stuff should be gathered somewhere, really. In a Flickr pool or something.

pussinboots

(I went ahead and created one:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1023431@N21/

Feel free to add anything you like.)