Help me date the former Google Maps imagery of DLRP...

Started by Disneyland Paris Treasures, November 13, 2008, 01:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "ford prefect"Interesting photos:  

Dreamcastle hasn't been started, Explorer's Hotel, Holiday Inn and Kyriad are all works in progress.

Dreamcastle opened in July 2004 and Explorer's was scheduled to open in April 03.  

Can anyone confirm when Explorer's Hotel opened?

Val D'Europe Garden Centre opened in 2004 and I can't see it.

So, It looks like the photo might be Summer 2002.

I was in the Explorer's Hotel in May 2003, it was fully finished though whilst I was there.

ford prefect

Thank you Willow!  Everything would suggest July/August 2002.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Anthony

Not sure if I'm thinking of the right aerial photo here, but isn't the pink birthday cake stage on Central Plaza? It looks pink-ish, but it's quite small on the first image, it could just be the flower bed actually.

Quote from: "ford prefect"Thank you Willow!  Everything would suggest July/August 2002.
Yes. :)

There used to be a high-quality aerial on a random website that was taken exactly on 12th April 2002, that's what I was thinking of above ^^

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Anthony"Not sure if I'm thinking of the right aerial photo here, but isn't the pink birthday cake stage on Central Plaza? ...

This one?

Anthony

Ahh, the elusive flower bed! July/August 2002 it is then! :)

Did you save all these images before they changed it? That was very good thinking.

Quote from: "ford prefect"Thank you Willow!  Everything would suggest July/August 2002.
Quote from: "Anthony"Ahh, the elusive flower bed! July/August 2002 it is then! :)...
That is pretty precise, was the flower bed only in July/August 2002?

Quote from: "Anthony"... Did you save all these images before they changed it? That was very good thinking.
Yes, I saved > 200 GB of imagery of the whole DLRP ring of both the old and the new satellite data. It is very interesting to see how the park and the whole area evolved over the years.

Google Earth 5.0 introduced a pretty cool "Time Travel" feature, which makes it possible to look back at satellite images of the past using a time slider!

So now satellite imagery for the following dates is available for DLRP:

- 25. July 2002 (Thursday)
- 31. May 2004 (Monday)
- 24. Jan 2005 (Monday)
- 21. Oct. 2007 (Sunday)

And to finally conclude the quest for the correct date of the map I posted: according to Google Earth it has been captured on 31. May 2004 !!!

RnRCj

Quote from: "Mobi"And to finally conclude the quest for the correct date of the map I posted: according to Google Earth it has been captured on 31. May 2004 !!!

I think I was there then! I must start searching for myself! :lol: