Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show... with Mickey and Friends!

Started by Kristof, January 29, 2009, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Yep, you read it right!  Mickey Mouse will make guest appearances in Buffalo Bill's Wild West show during Mickey's Magical Party!  

According to our friends at the entertainment department will Mickey be introduced at the beginning of the show with Gustave and will make a few appearances during the show as well.  A meet 'n' greet area with the rest of the fab 5 dressed in western outfits will be placed in the pre-show area of the show.

experiment627

This whole Mickey-year-thing is starting to annoy me...

Kuzco

I can fully understand why Disney would do this.
It might convince people who were not going to visit the show to rethink their decision and visit the show to see Mickey.

Just plain simple marketing, nothing more, nothing less.
No touchy!

ford prefect

I disagree with the idea.  I love Buffalo Bill's and Mickey is my favourite character, however I feel that combining the 2 is a poor concept.

That said, I am not adverse to a character meet and greet in the pre show.

Equally, I suppose if Mickey was to introduce and invite Gustave to stage the show at Disney that would be fine!  Goofy, Chip 'n' Dale and Minnie shouldn't be involved during the show, it devalues the other performers..

Mind you, there has always been a nod to Disney in the script (during the campfire scene), so I suppose it is not that different.

Can you tell that I am undecided!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Anthony

Quote from: "ford prefect"That said, I am not adverse to a character meet and greet in the pre show.

Equally, I suppose if Mickey was to introduce and invite Gustave to stage the show at Disney that would be fine!  Goofy, Chip 'n' Dale and Minnie shouldn't be involved during the show, it devalues the other performers..
That's a great idea. Sort of a "Mickey presents... Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show".

I can't see the show being changed too much. Probably just enough to entice and please the families and guests who've obviously been seeing it as too grown-up and -- dare I say the dreaded word -- not "relevant" enough.

Willow

Its hardly changing the whole show. Its 1 character which *may* revitalize a dying show, its well known that its not very popular these days.

I've personally never visited it because it looks really boring and Mickey makes it slightly more interesting but its such a small difference its not really going to make me visit anymore than previously.

ford prefect

Quote from: "Willow"Its hardly changing the whole show. Its 1 character which *may* revitalize a dying show, its well known that its not very popular these days.

I've personally never visited it because it looks really boring and Mickey makes it slightly more interesting but its such a small difference its not really going to make me visit anymore than previously.

I know it is expensive, however, the show is far from boring.  I have just booked for our next trip (February), I think it will be my 12th visit to BBWWS (our 26th visit to DLP).

The show is great fun and well worth a look.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

cap'njack

BBWWS is an amazing and exciting show. I will not visit DDWWS while Mickey Mouse is involved in anyway with the show as I feel it totally devalues an otherwise brilliant show.

I hope this is a temporary measure, although I fear that it will not be.

Clarebelle

I too hope this is a temporary adjustment!

Although I have heard that this change has not been confirmed yet? maybe the photos are just for promotional purposes?

The show is magical enough without Mickey Mouse's influence, honestly I can see how this might make the show more appealing to families with young children. I was only little when I first saw this show, and although the clowns and his rubber chicken were entertaining, and I loved watching the horses, I couldnt really appreciate it and all the work that is put in at that age and to be honest, I dont think really understood what was going on.

But if thats the case I, they want to target a new audience, why dont they introduce Mickey into the early showing, and keep the later one as the original, for those of us who truely appreciate it.

Come on they have already closed Buffalo Trading Co :( to make room for a more "commercial" Starbucks what more do they want to take away from the true dlrp fans? and in reguards to  " it may revitalize a dying show" personally I think Disney have done that to themselves *cough* the price increase last year, for the same seats which they have just renamed "premium seats" or some such nonsense [-X

Maybe I can excuse this insanity during MMP, after which I hope things return to usual and I dont think we will be visiting BBWWS in March :(
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Kristof

QuoteAlthough I have heard that this change has not been confirmed yet? maybe the photos are just for promotional purposes?

It has definitely been confirmed internally.  :)

Clarebelle

Thats a shame. it was my last shred of hope :( thanks for brightening my day Kristof :P
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Agent Lex

I honestly can't see Mickey being integrated too much into the show for one, simple, reason:

Mickey's friend would have a hard time seeing. This makes horse-riding difficult, and that's the majority of the show, no?

-breeno-

Shame to see this happen, even if it is just for a small bit of the show, Bufflo Bill's just isn't the place to have Mickey in it, kind of makes it so good IMO.  More thought has been put into rather than just stick a load of classic characters the keep the crowd happy.

Hopefully this won't become a pernament thing, although BBWWS is rumoured to be on it's last legs, which is a real shame.  I really like the show (and the food, yum! :D ) so i wouldn't like to see it go, especially with Buffalo Trading going/gone, i want to keep some of the classic Village i used to love :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

smurfy74

guest satisfaction for the show is in quite steep decline as far as im led to believe and i have to agree a few years ago i would see loads of people with the bb hats and now i hardly see any, since 1994 when i first went until today i have never been and i dont feel like im missing out. hopefully the new marketting will mean a new lease of life for the show and secure its future for those that really like it.

jeakat24

I've seen the show once and I really enjoyed it. The first few visits I wasn't keen, it was pricey and I didn't really know what it was about. I have to say it was what I expected, but was still very enjoyable and the food was sooo good. (The hat also helped!)

However, my partner (who convinced me to go in the first place) wants to see it again but I'm not too keen. Am I right in saying that they haven't changed it in all the time it's been running?
I'm certainly not saying that the Mickey introduction is a good thing (quite far from actually) but I do think they could do with changing the format as this would encourage people to see it more than once. However, I personally don't have any suggestions as to how they would go about doing this, as I think it would be a challenge.

Yes, Mickey might bring the families in, but if the young children don't have a good time because they don't understand it then those families will never book the show again
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge