Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

@Masamune what pins did you manage to get hold of? We were served by someone who strikes me as someone who works for Disney because its a job, he doesnt seem interested in anything disney-related and wont even engage in a converstation with us and so we left pretty much empty handed, totally unimpressed with the service and the guy knowledge. We didnt even ask to trade.

Has anyone else noticed that they no longer wear the lanyards?? they are always hidden away in a draw when we visit Norwich or Peterborough stores?? is it only them that are doing this?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"@Masamune what pins did you manage to get hold of? We were served by someone who strikes me as someone who works for Disney because its a job, he doesnt seem interested in anything disney-related and wont even engage in a converstation with us and so we left pretty much empty handed, totally unimpressed with the service and the guy knowledge. We didnt even ask to trade.

Has anyone else noticed that they no longer wear the lanyards?? they are always hidden away in a draw when we visit Norwich or Peterborough stores?? is it only them that are doing this?

Well my local store never wear them really I don't think I have ever been in and seen anyone wearing it except the very first time I traded. I haven't traded the past few times either... i feel like the whole enthusiasm from everyone is going...including me now :(
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Have you been to get the new releases Aveen?

Aveen2008

When I was in store yesterday I was told there was no releases...even though I thought there was...but i didn't really care enough to investigate more. Were there pins released yesterday? It's just that Masamune said her store didn't get them in either! :?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

No there was 1 pin released in our store - the next in the mickey's series, but we asked and the guy said it was the only one :( not impressed 100 mile journey for a £7 pin.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"No there was 1 pin released in our store - the next in the mickey's series, but we asked and the guy said it was the only one :( not impressed 100 mile journey for a £7 pin.

100 mile!!! :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o

As I wrote yesterday in the Disney store thread I am really disappointed with many things in regards to the Disney store uk! :(
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Im over it! lol although I would say no to a job  :lol:

Masamune

I haven't been to the Disney Store since Saturday, so I don't know if they recieved the Up pin yet. :( It's just so annoying that it hasn't been released when it should've been, but then it's more annoying that they haven't given us any news of a delay either!

Stitch2814

hey guys and gals.

Im new to pin trading. Got refered here by Masamune :)

And as you can tell from my user name I do indeed collect Stitch pins and as masamune has told me is popular so not a big surprise really lol

I also collect UP pins and have the dvd pre-order pins on there way :) So I was dissappointed on saturday when I got to the trading day and it wasnt out :( I will be checking friday/saturday to see if they get it in then.

glad to be here hehe and hope to get to know you all.

Masamune

:) Hi Danny.

:shock: Fingers crossed that the new Stitch pin won't be delayed next week eh?

Belle's World

Hi Danny, glad you found the forum, its strange actually as i kept meaning to tell you about it. I will be going to a Disney Store on Saturday so fingers crossed they have lots of great pins.
Ro

Stitch2814

I know lindsay I really want that stitch pin and hope Im not going to be disappointed again but least Dory will be there XD

I got a response from DisneyStore about the UP pin and was told this..

Dear Guest

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am sorry but we do not currently have any UP pins available at the moment. We are constantly receiving new stock that will  then be  updated on to our website.

Shame really but seeing as even they know nothing about it, it is like the pin doesnt exist :(

Aveen2008

Hey Stitch2814/Danny

Welcome to the forum!:) I love Stitch too although I collect lots of different pins.

It seems like the Disney store don't know anything about themselves and their stock sometimes! Remember when they put the baloo pin on the website then removed it and didnt release it for ages! :roll:

glad to have another pin trader on the boards:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

Thanks aveen for the kind welcome.

I collect stitch and UP pins at the moment and any other character I like but mainly stitch hehehe he is the best :)

Got quite a few pins on there way mostly stitch but 3 more UP pins so cant wait for them to arrive.

Stitch2814

since im new to the forum where is the thread to post your pin collection specifically just pins as I only collect disney pins LOL

Well I do have the big fluffy Kevin toy its mint XD