Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casschr05

I guess you like your addtions Clare!

I really like all the Cast Member pins!!
cannot wait until NYC is over so I can visit cambridge!

Has anyone spotted any DLRP (DLP :lol:) pins?

Clarebelle

Only the ones we have traded ;) we have nearly filled both lanyards with our own pins lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Agent Lex

Good things about living in London: with 4 stores, I can quadruple-trade.
Bad things about living in London: those 4 stores are pretty popular.

That said, I do have 2 of the cast member series of the large square ones, and I've done some trading for other bits and pieces I like. Even if it's something I'll probably trade on later, it's nice to change up my collection every now and again.

The CMs at the Oxford Street store were all really interested in trading. They said they'd had quite a few traders in today, so their lanyards were always changing. They didn't look like they had any of the UK CM lot left, unfortunately - I reckon the other traders must have spotted them and grabbed them! The CMs at the Westfield store are also enthusiastic, and both stores had both lanyards out. The Westfield store is where I managed to grab my 2 CM ones, so I don't think they're as busy with traders as the Oxford Street store.

The lady trading at the Covent Garden store was actually trading with someone else as I came in! It looked like they had quite a few pins from the US, and traded a couple with the CM, so I managed to grab one of those. Along with buying some more today, my bag's looking very full of pins now. Even after buying a bigger one after the last one was stolen!

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Dwarfs pin and the Jessica pin actually came from different stores! I reckon either someone else was doing the same thing as me, or they were part of these stores initial sets.

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
Blue Fairy Pin, I was really taken in by this pin, I have been looking for a blue fairy one
Quote from: "Masamune"I'm a big fan of the Blue Fairy, so I have 3 pins of her. I have the bigger version of your one, one from a Pinocchio booster back, and my fave of the three is one with translucent wings.
How funny, one of the pins I traded for today is a Blue Fairy pin, too, this one in the snowflake.

Masamune

:D Congrats on those two star pins, since they're both Limited Edition. :) I have the Jessica one, which I traded for at WDW. :P And I really want that Blue Fairy pin. Come up to Manchester and we'll trade! :lol:

Snow_White_Girl

I bought the Grumpy core pin in the Manchester store today :D I was dying to have a look at the CM lanyard to see what pins they had for trading but the girl who was wearing it went off on her break just as I walked into the shop lol! :lol:

\":lamp:\"

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Great collection there! I'd never put my pins on my bag, I'd be too frightened of them falling off or losing them somehow. Is that a ToT pin on the far right (the one that looks like a hotel key)?? It's amazing! :D

\":lamp:\"

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Masamune"Congrats on those two star pins, since they're both Limited Edition.
Thanks :) I realised they were after getting the first one and seeing it stamped on the back. Though I think the dwarfs one might be a fake, according to PinPics :( It's a very convincing fake if it is!

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Great collection there! I'd never put my pins on my bag, I'd be too frightened of them falling off or losing them somehow. Is that a ToT pin on the far right (the one that looks like a hotel key)?? It's amazing! :D
I take them off my bag during the week, I'd definitely lose some in rush hour! So I end up spending about half an hour every Friday evening putting them back on ready to go out and trade, heh.

Yep, the one on the right is a ToT one. Just an open edition one from DLRP, if I recall.

Masamune

It may just be a scapper. :) Scrappers are made with the exact same mould/materials/etc as the original pins...they're just not supposed to exist, because they're being made without Disney's permission. So, they're unofficial...but official at the same time, if you get what I mean. :P As long as you like the pin, that's all that matters.

Today I did got 4 new pins; 2 I traded for myself, and 2 my mum's BF traded on my behalf when he went to the Trafford Centre with my mum. :o My 4 new ones are the Mickey and Donald square lanyard pins, one of the Mickey uniform pins and the new Stitch core ukelele pin.

15MagicalYears

I'm very annoyed!  :shock:
I was just in the checkout for ordering a bunch of Disney pins from the online store, after step one they notify me that I must be 18 or over to make a purchase with the Disney Store.  :(  I was getting very excited aswell as my nearest Disney store is miles away!

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Masamune"It may just be a scapper. :) Scrappers are made with the exact same mould/materials/etc as the original pins...they're just not supposed to exist, because they're being made without Disney's permission. So, they're unofficial...but official at the same time, if you get what I mean. :P As long as you like the pin, that's all that matters.
True. And I'm not sure what the difference between a scrapper and a fake fake is, but the PinPics page says that mine is the "gold scrapper" version. And hey, it adds to my star collection, so I guess I'm happy.

Just wish I had more money to buy more pins! :P

casschr05

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I'm very annoyed!  :shock:
I was just in the checkout for ordering a bunch of Disney pins from the online store, after step one they notify me that I must be 18 or over to make a purchase with the Disney Store.  :(  I was getting very excited aswell as my nearest Disney store is miles away!

Yeah I know how you feel about that!
although I expected it and asked my dad to buy the pins using his credit card (its always better to use credit cards rather than debit cards online as it is safer and you are better protected) and gave him the money for the pins.
maybe you could ask a relative?

15MagicalYears

I decided to leave it for just now,
I'm selling a few belonings online to gather some money for a possible up coming Disney trip.  :D/

Masamune

I have a few suspected scrappers myself. :o They're all ones I traded for that I really liked, and I didn't even know what a scrapper was until I looked up one of these pins on PinPics and it mentioned the circulation of scrappers. I'd never try and trade any of them, because I like them too much. :P I think if I traded for a pin that I wasn't too fond of, and it turned out to be a scrapper, then I'd be annoyed.

kurgly_bird

Got my ariel and aurora romance series pins today along with the tinkerbell curtsey pin in the post, just wish i had regular access to a disney store instead of having to shell out £5 for postage every time :(. Love all of these pins though, missed out on the belle pin from the romance series, have to scour ebay for one i guess.