Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpmad

Am going to pick up the new stitch pin today and maybe a few le pins to trade for dlrp! Will post pics later!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Dorsetcandy

Well done Lindsay at finding the next lot of releases  :D we are getting some fab pins being released spending so much at the mo  :oops:

Bens mum i ordered some pins from Ds.com 25in total and 2dolls shipping was just over $99 and i got charged just over £58 when it got here for customs and Ups charge some of the pins were for a friend so we split all the charges by dividing by amount of items to work out an amount per item,it was expensive but i have pins that i couldn't seem to trade for via Pinpics/would of probably cost me alot more if i did trade.

Sean look forward to seeing pics,we ordered our pins yesterday as nearest store about hour and half drive away now so delivery charge is cheaper than fuel/parking costs

simonandwendy626

Aloha,

Got my Stitch pin today. He's sooo cute!!! Also ordered some online pins. Can't wait to see the dwarves pin.
Didn't bother with the Puffle set. Too expensive and not really a Puffle person. Probably regret it later but I have my Stitch so I'm happy :D/

Wendy

daxyboy

There are some truely amazin pins coming out over the next month, i want them all.love the stitch as jack and the aristocats looks great too.

Javey74

Another purchase, and who whould have thought 80 years old ehh!!!  :o

Belle's World

Hi All,

Back from Yorkshire. Before i went i agreed several pre-trades 1 for core lady and 4 for Agent P. Then the week before we went i read how York had run out of Agent P so i rang the Leeds and Meadowhall stores and sure enough both had run out altjough did say they get deliveries every day and did not know which pins would come in. So i was not very hopeful.
Tuesday came and we went to Leeds not many pins on display at all and the lady who i traded with the lanyards with just looked like she didn't want to be there! Then i asked if they ahd any other pins and they went out back and found 6 Agent P so i bought them all!

Then yesterday on the way home we went to Meadowhall and again the selection was not good and they were not into pin trading, both lanyards seemed to have the same pins. Here is my collection from the 2 trips:

unfortunately no Pluto 80th dangle but we are going to london in 2 weeks so you never know. I can't wait for the oliver pin, Aristocats dangle or Captain Jack Stitch!

Ro

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Belle's World"Hi All,

Back from Yorkshire. Before i went i agreed several pre-trades 1 for core lady and 4 for Agent P. Then the week before we went i read how York had run out of Agent P so i rang the Leeds and Meadowhall stores and sure enough both had run out altjough did say they get deliveries every day and did not know which pins would come in. So i was not very hopeful.
Tuesday came and we went to Leeds not many pins on display at all and the lady who i traded with the lanyards with just looked like she didn't want to be there! Then i asked if they ahd any other pins and they went out back and found 6 Agent P so i bought them all!

Then yesterday on the way home we went to Meadowhall and again the selection was not good and they were not into pin trading, both lanyards seemed to have the same pins. Here is my collection from the 2 trips:

unfortunately no Pluto 80th dangle but we are going to london in 2 weeks so you never know. I can't wait for the oliver pin, Aristocats dangle or Captain Jack Stitch!

Ro

I always find meadowhall great :D the cast have always been really friendly with me when i wanted to trade! in fact i couldnt get away! :D :thumbs:
I dont understand why everyones really wanting the agent P pin? is it a good trader?
Did you not try the Hull store?

I defiantly want the woody pin! and aristocats!

Belle's World

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"
Quote from: "Belle's World"Hi All,

Ro

I always find meadowhall great :D the cast have always been really friendly with me when i wanted to trade! in fact i couldnt get away! :D :thumbs:
I dont understand why everyones really wanting the agent P pin? is it a good trader?
Did you not try the Hull store?

I defiantly want the woody pin! and aristocats!

When i went back in November i thought Meadowhall was the best Disney shop i had been to, the CM was really into pin trading and they had so many past pins, 2 pin boards full. This time however there were very few pins for sale, the cm's were not interested and the 2 lanyards had pretty much the same pins on. A lot of high school musical. I guess the experience you have really depends on the CM and the stock so they can't always be perfect.

I have certainly found the Agent P pin to be a greta trader. There are about 40 people wanting it on pinpics and only about 16 trading. As i said i have already set up 4 trades. 1 is a LE Beauty and the Beast pin, 1 a 3d Beauty and the Beast pin that i have been wanting for a long time, 1 is Stitch as the Emperor the last pin i need to finish that collection and the third is 2 cogsworth pins for the 1 Agent P. I will post pictures when i get them.

We didn't go near hull, although i do get around the country. I have done all 3 London stores, Lakeside, Manchester, Sheffield, and Leeds and will be doing York early next year!

Ro

Dorsetcandy

Hiya Ro at least you got a stitch pirate they are sure to go fasr!With the selection of pins at stores you have to keep in mind that all stores nationwide sent all pin to the event at Milton Keynes in April so you probably won't find pins pre dating that anywhere  :(  unless very lucky look forward to hearing how you do in London in a few weeks  :D

simonandwendy626

Guys dont know what were doing wrong but we cant seem to put any photo's on the forum  :twisted:  could someone write an idiots guide :thumbs:

dlrpmad

Im an idiot as well but i'll do my best to explain (without confusing you!!)

First you need to upload the photos to photobucket.com, you'll need an account if you already havent got one.

Once that is done, click on the image in the album and it will make it actual size and bring up some info on the side in a box called Share this image. you want to copy the text in the IMG Code box and paste it in your message.

when you click submit it should show your image on the thread!
I hope this didnt confuse you too much!

but heres an example:
im finally going to put up the image of my stitch pin!!

and when i got this i got the new comic strip mickey and minnie reuseable bag

I love this bag just because of the comics in the background
101% Stitch LOVING!!

simonandwendy626

Quote from: "dlrpmad"Im an idiot as well but i'll do my best to explain (without confusing you!!)

First you need to upload the photos to photobucket.com, you'll need an account if you already havent got one.

Once that is done, click on the image in the album and it will make it actual size and bring up some info on the side in a box called Share this image. you want to copy the text in the IMG Code box and paste it in your message.

when you click submit it should show your image on the thread!
I hope this didnt confuse you too much!

but heres an example:
im finally going to put up the image of my stitch pin!!

and when i got this i got the new comic strip mickey and minnie reuseable bag

I love this bag just because of the comics in the background

thanks for that we will have a go later

Belle's World

Hi All,

Traded in the Disney Store Oxford Street and Covent Garden for the following keepers:

and the following to trade again:

unfortunately the CM's in Oxford Street do not seem to know much about pin trding as there are lots of Euro Disney and carrefour pins on the lanyards. Covent Garden was much better as this was where i picked up Stitch Christmas, That's so Raven dangle which reminds me of our trips to DLRP as it was always on TV and Chicken Little oh and the Mickey with jewels pin.

Looking forward to Bluewater next week, will be the first time i have traded there and the last time i trade in store until our trip to DLRP in Oct! How will i survive? Lots of pinpics trades i think!
Ro

Belle's World

Hi All,

So back from Bluewater trip, only 2 lanyards and not very good pins on them, however after i had seen the CM with the first lanyard the manager came up to me with the second lanyard and said they ahd some CM pins out back if i was interested so i said yes please. She went and came back with a paper bag with around 20 cm pins, i picked Mickey to finish my collection but also got some others for trade as well as another Agent P for trade. Great day!

Ro

Masamune

:lol: You love your Agent P pins don't you? I've traded for two so far and added them to my Traders on PinPics.