Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eager_Eyes

Well I'm glad they're starting up again I worked nearly every weekend in the run up to xmas so I never got a chance to go along...and Sunday afternoons are a lot easier for me to be sure I'll be able to go  :D

Aveen2008

I traded for the first time in ages in the Disney Store today, there was 2 very friendly staff members on so it was a good experience! I got the last 2 pins I needed for the CM lanyard set of name tags! :D/  :D/  :D/  I haven't traded since wayy before Christmas, maybe even September or so in the store for various reasons.

I managed to get the Valentines pin, the UP character pin that i had traded away at one stage and needed back, I was panicking whenI seen it was removed from the site a week or so ago, I got 2 extra becayse up pins are very good for trading and the ariel locket!:)

I also got the nautical minnie mouse plush and the big Mickey mouse clubhouse teapot for my nephew - he's less than 2 and has a lil play kitchen because he loved the one in nursery, he loves pretendning to give you a drink and stuff...so the teapot has kitchen stuff in it.

also got the UP dvd in Asda Living for £10!

Good wee Disney day! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"....also got the UP dvd in Asda Living for £10! Good wee Disney day! :D
:offtopic:

I'm off to Tesco's, seen as it's advertised for £9.97, for a short period..  :)

Masamune

:? Check out the Coming Soon section for Pins.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/collectibl ... /c/307201/

:( For whatever reason, this week's pins are due on the website this Friday as normal...but they won't be appearing in store until the Saturday AFTER. How weird is that? It does mention on the website that the dates have changed, but it doesn't say why.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :? Check out the Coming Soon section for Pins.

:( For whatever reason, this week's pins are due on the website this Friday as normal...but they won't be appearing in store until the Saturday AFTER. How weird is that? It does mention on the website that the dates have changed, but it doesn't say why.

I noticed that this evening also, it's weird. I wonder though if you order online will they actually be slow arriving - like as though they havent actually got the pins ready yet but are letting people order online anyway? :?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "Masamune" :? Check out the Coming Soon section for Pins.

I noticed that this evening also, it's weird. I wonder though if you order online will they actually be slow arriving - like as though they havent actually got the pins ready yet but are letting people order online anyway? :?
It's not the first time they have done this, it's becoming regular. So I was told it's down to transportation, if there's problems getting the Pins to various stores the order gets delayed, since all stores supposed to aquire them at the same time. Even though I know this doesn't always happen either from past experiences..  :roll:

I do remember a time that the Disney Store website changed the dates of a particular Pin, I can't remember which one it was, but they moved the date to a week later. To my suprise it actually appeared in my local one on the date they originally said..  :roll:

My Lesson: You should not always believe what the website tells you..  :roll:

If it's a must have Pin telephone before hand, it's a safer bet that way..  :wink:

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"I do remember a time that the Disney Store website changed the dates of a particular Pin, I can't remember which one it was, but they moved the date to a week later. To my suprise it actually appeared in my local one on the date they originally said..  :roll:

My Lesson: You should not always believe what the website tells you..  :roll:

If it's a must have Pin telephone before hand, it's a safer bet that way..  :wink:

Yeah I agree, if you live quite a distance from your nearest store then phoning in advance is the best Idea. My local store never have the pins out on the actual day of release anyway lol! :P They can never find them in their large deliveries but on the bright side fewer people buy them over here anyway lol.

Remember the Baloo core pin, it appeared on the site then disappeared for ages.

It's the postage cost for people buying pins that puts people off ordering online. like £5 is great when your ordering big things and actually fantastic when ordering something heavy like a snowglobe but if you only want 1 LE pin your paying £12, or £8 for a core pin! and thats if your only ordering one! I guess we can't have it both ways lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

I remember the UP pin being delayed in a few stores as the manchester stores took forever to get them in as I got all the traders I knew the UP pin from the Oldham disney store lol

Speaking of the new pins, would anyone be willing to pick me up the St Paddys mickey pin?? I can paypal the money for it.. just not afford the £8 postage to Ireland...:(

Belle's World

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH this is so annoying. I was really looking forward to getting Goof Troop and St Patricks Day Mickey on Saturday. Won't be able to get to a Disney store the next weekend as that is when we are going home. Now i am frantically trying to find a discount code or free p&P code for the disney store website. First they close the Leeds store now this.

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"It's the postage cost for people buying pins that puts people off ordering online. like £5 is great when your ordering big things and actually fantastic when ordering something heavy like a snowglobe but if you only want 1 LE pin your paying £12, or £8 for a core pin! and thats if your only ordering one! I guess we can't have it both ways lol!
Yeah this is also true, unless you are ordering lots of small items or one large item that £5.00 can be costly. Funnily enough I sent them an email about discounts just this week after checking out the ordering on-line processes, just to see what it entailed, it was then I realised I couldn't get my 10% discount off an online order, their is a promotions box but only for offers, not for Shareholders which you can get instore. This was the reply>>

Quote from: "Disney Store"Thanks for your enquiry about discounts for online orders, unfortunately we can only offer promotional discounts online not store discounts.

Chez
Disney Sales Team
Looks like I'm sticking to the store shopping..  :roll:

Belle's World

I'm a shareholder too which is what makes the internet price even more unreasonable but i suppose if i have to i will. Love the new pins announced, thumper celebration for Easter, core Ariel and Aladdin and Jasmine LE.

Stitch2814

Just had a look and they do look great and a nice varied selection shame the Dumbo pin is online exclusive as Id of got tried to get that to trade but Im guessing another £8-9.

Im glad to see we are getting more pins released now as there seems to be quite a few coming out at once now :) lets hope for booster sets or new lanyards or our own mystery set...but I guess we can dream cant we.

And can no one pick me

Clarebelle

aw I love Thumper! and Casey & Dumbo

arrhhh this hobby is starting to get so expensive currently trying to keep up our full collection, buy traders for WDW and the 20th Anniversary oh well

Javey I agree it sucks that we cant get shareholders online but if i remember correctly it does say in UK Disney stores, it just annoys my how much they charge MAC charge 2.95 for next day delivery and pins arent any bigger than an eyeshaddow or a MSF. But i suppose as long as we are all giving in to them they are not going to change it
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

Aww, I really like the look of the Thumper and Dumbo pins. :) Will have to see nearer the time if I'm going to buy them.

Aveen2008

Really happy about the upcoming pins! luving the aladdin, thumper and Ariel ones especially! The dumbo one looks great but i am not sure I will pay £9 for it but still at least its a little bit of variation!

:) xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo