Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpmad

Quote from: "Stitch2814"Greetings Im a pin trader from Ireland and I hope to fit in here :)....

Yes I have made it safe and sound lol and am missing the disney store already lol
Hello, person I have never talked to before, i hope you fit in too!!!!!
LOL!!! :D  :D

Glad to hear you got to Ireland ok, and I'm sorry you don't have a Disney Store near you!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Belle's World"ClareBell when you went did you just walk around with your lanyard on and have people coming up to you to trade? We went last June and i had my lanyard on the entire time only once did i trade with someone who was not a cm and that was by the pin trading board. To be fair i did not have any UK LE but have got a couple already to take in October, where is the best place in your opinion to find trades.
BTW i wasn't saying you were crazy to buy from the the internet, i just meant for me it makes it too expensive. However if you are buying over £70 worth it's free p&p anyway so if i ever get a snowglobe etc i probably will add a couple of pins. I just heard that the Lady and the tramp is now out of stock so you have a couple of good traders there.
Ro

Hey Ro, I know your question was to clare but I just wanted to say when I wore my LE uk lanyard pins (a lanyard only LE uk pins) in the park I got attention and offers from cast members who I had to turn down as they werent really offering me anything good except the normal pins on their lanyards. But at the Pin trading night it didnt have the same effect at all!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

I think the CM want the pins on the lanyards for other traders rather than the people who are at the PTN's could be from the UK or already have them which reading from what you guys have been saying is close enough.

But thats my opinion on it as I never been to a PTN or a park so I dont really have a place to comment on it

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"I think the CM want the pins on the lanyards for other traders rather than the people who are at the PTN's could be from the UK or already have them which reading from what you guys have been saying is close enough.

But thats my opinion on it as I never been to a PTN or a park so I dont really have a place to comment on it

lol the cast members want them for themselves usually lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

hahahaha oh right lol

I think im going to save up and go next year :) I want to go so I think since Im not buying much here my money can be saved for DLRP 2011 lol

Belle's World

Thanks Aveen, I'm trying to decide how many LE's to atke with me in october. If all they are offering is what is on their lanyard it's not really worth it. But i will still take a couple for people crowding around the pin board as they were a lot doing that when i went in June.
Danny you should definately go October will be my 10th time, i love it so much there, although it will only be my second pin trading trip.
Ro

Eager_Eyes

Yep come in Oct I'll probably be there too, its great fun and there are lots of cm's to be potential traders around.  I've been 5 times so far, I've been to Florida a fair few times as well.

Stitch2814

well October would be ace for me personally as its my bday in october so would be perfect but cant do it this year as his holidays dont fall in October and dont think he can change it so I dont particulary want to do it on my own lol.

I know when/IF I go this year or next as I will be going, I think I shall try for 2 weeks at best so I get most out of the trip since I wont be flying lol so need extra time for travel which for me personally is more fun as I like to sight see haha

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Belle's World"Thanks Aveen, I'm trying to decide how many LE's to atke with me in october. If all they are offering is what is on their lanyard it's not really worth it. But i will still take a couple for people crowding around the pin board as they were a lot doing that when i went in June.
Danny you should definately go October will be my 10th time, i love it so much there, although it will only be my second pin trading trip.
Ro

well some cast member actually pin their pwn pins to their uniform waistcoat and if you seen someone that had them there they might have one or two good pins on it that you could trade for, or if they have a lil thing on their waist holding pins (i only ever seen one woman) they can be their own too. I actually seen a cast member wearing a lanyard (her own as it was different from the normal cast lanyard) and it was all LE stitch pins. I went over to her aqnd asked her if she traded and she just said no lol :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Eager_Eyes

The rules are if its not on their official dlp lanyard the its the cm's own pin.  I've spotted a few men with their own pins on their ties as well which is worth looking out for.  They can refuse to trade for their own pin but they have to trade you for a pin which is on their lanyard.  I caused no end of fuss about this in June when a cm in the camera shop refused to trade with me but that is a discussion for another topic!

Belle's World

When i went in June there was a mean cm in the massive 3 in 1 shop in the Village. She was wearing a lanyard and the pins looked like they could have been LE so i asked her to swap and she jsut said no and walked away. She didn't even look at what i had. I don't think CM's should be allowed to wear their own lanyards and if they are allowed what is the point if they are not even going to consider trading. In the clothes shop in the village i traded the man behind the desk for a pin on his tie, i didn't realise it was his until now but he did request he could choose what he wanted from my lanyard and that was fine.
Ro

Aveen2008

Ro and Eager_eyes - I can totally understand what you both say. The same thing happened me in the villiage shop actually Ro..well kind of. A CM had 2 pins on the lanyard that I wanted and when I went to trade he said " you can only have the ones on this side and not these 2" etc... I wanted to tell him that he was wrong and what he was doing was against Disney's pin trading rules as it was on the lanyard for trading but I didn't want the fight but it really annoyed me, not because I was dying to get the pins but because they work for Disney and should know the rules! I just said no thanks and walked away.
I have to say I hate to meet Rude CM and have met a few in DLP.  :roll:
But I met a lovely CM at the PTN I went to and I did nearly all my trading with her. She wasn't dressed as a cast member but she actually works in the emporium. She didn't really like the way the traders at PTN can be quite intimidating and scary so we both just quietly did trading in a simple friendly way.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Belle's World

I would like to meet her! I go into the emporium a lot as that is the main place i find the pin trading board.
I have just phoned the Manchester Arrndale branch in preperation for next week and they have told me they have 2 lanyards for trading and Leeds are unfortunately not answering their phone but i will keep trying as i want to know roughly how many pins to take with me. Looking forward to it already!
Ro

Stitch2814

Ro, you can also try the trafford centre as they have 2 lanyarrds as well, its only 30-45minutes from Manchester city centre so you can easily do both.

I think If/when I go to DLRP I shall be the one who would shout at any CM being rude to me or the like as I dont think it is very disney when there are rude to customers.

Aveen2008

You might be busy stalking stitch hehe I used to luv meeting him hehe! Hes so cute and cuddly! :D  :D  :D I still would except the scrums around characters drive me insane!!
Luv Aveen xoxo