Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Quote from: "Javey74"2 Little Tips I found for buying Pins when you want them>>

1. You could move to the North of England, since living in the North of England and I mean north, not Manchester.  It works in my favour for once with the North South divide, less people to buy up here, so it's quite easy to obtain Pins in general, bear in mind not everyone has cottoned onto Pin Trading up here yet..  :mrgreen: It's quite funny when I hear Cast Members telling people about it as a brand new idea..  :lol:

2. For buying Pins in general, make sure you get pally with a Cast Member who works in your local Disney Store, you'll be well in. You'll never get the answer.."Oh I'm sorry they've all gone". Instead it's.. "I'll just get it", since it's hidden away waiting for you behind the counter..  :mrgreen:

Pause for thought..  :wink:  :)
Come to think of it, has anyone got any other tips of their own they would like to share..  :-k

Eager_Eyes

3. you could go to the store at a silly early time as no one is prepared to be up, dressed and waiting outside their local store at 9am when they open.

I did this in Lpool once or twice, generally as I was starting work at 10 and walking past anyway, did get one or two no CM but nice pins in the process.

Stitch2814

I say make the effort to go to stores out of your way i.e. the trafford centre...as busy store for visitors and traders and if your prepared to make the journey Im sure you will rewarded..

or another tip I have is make friends with a CM that doesnt collect pins and possibility of the chance to get the pins they get for working there lol cant say that has worked for me yet lol

Stitch2814

well I had another fun time looking for these pins lol and I got the Pluto pin this afternoon and it is definatley 1 pin per day so if it been on the lanyard already and its gone then sadly you have to go without lol Ive decided to keep them as the last pins I will get from the stores :) so Im 2 out of 5 now hahaha

Here is an image of what I got today off the lanyards at the manchester arndale and trafford centre store...

Welsheeyore

they are all nice pins Danny
loving the Eeyore cloud nap :) i bought that once off ebay and it never turned up :(

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Stitch2814

awww poor you emma :( Well that is the eeyore pin I said I traded in case you needed it lol so it yours if you want it??

Aveen2008

the new cast member pins are really nice. I would want them for keeps too if I ever get them.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

Aveen since your like the only irish trader I think you got more than a chance to get them than all of us lol

Stitch2814

hey guys, had some luck at the oldham store today and now Im only missing Mickey CM pin :) I got three today as all 5 had been put on the lanyard as no one goes there to trade and since my mum was with me I got the spare Pluto pin. Which is for Lindsay so guys dont hate me just she asked first :)

And Im going to the store again tomorrow to try and get mickey so I will pick up spares when and where I can for all those that have asked me to try and get them the pins.

Eager_Eyes

They look sooooo cute I can't wait for my elbow to recover so that I can go on a proper search for these pins! I was going Liverpool for another look yesterday, but I just didn't feel up to it  :cry: I doubt they'd have more of them anyway.  I know I'll get my set sooner or later!!!

Stitch2814

Well seeing as the Oldham store is putting out all 5 (well they did yesterday) I will be trying my best to help everyone out as I can lol I just have another friend round the corner from me Elaine, who will want them and trades at the Oldham store so I dont really want to take them all in case she doesnt get a set for herself lol BUT saying that she will be looking for her american friend so in a way I got to be quick lol

Stitch2814

hey guys, I now have all 5 of the new CM pins thanks mainly to the Oldham store :) Pardon me for the quality of the image but I was going to the pub after words so I took the images after quite a few drinks so they came out a bit blurry :P

Belle's World

Well done Danny, there can't be that many people who already have the full collection. It will be a nice momento for you when you move to Ireland.
Ro

Stitch2814

I know and here is a much better image and this is how they will be displayed on my cork board when Im in Ireland.

Stitch2814

Just seen on Dizpins that the Lady and the Tramp pin is LE 200 and online exclusive only..

What you all think of that then?? As Id buy it purely to use it as leverage to get one of my holy grails other than that then not a chance.