Bonus Lads Trip - Pre Trip

Started by cap'njack, January 21, 2009, 05:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cap'njack

Bonus Lads Trip with thanks to Mixednuts

31st January 2009 - 2nd February 2009

Pre Trip

The Cast

Me (John) - 26 year old who loves Disney Pixar films and has an unhealthy obsession for Toy Story and all things Toy Story related. Has been going to DLRP ever since my first trip in 1992 when my Dad was part of the Opening Crew, he was the poor sausage who was in charge of putting all the light bulbs on the Mad Hatters Tea Cup ride. Has also been to Disney World Florida three times but much prefers DLRP. Started suffering from withdrawal symptoms when his adorable little boy pointed to my DLRP hoodie and said 'Mickey'

DS (Kacee) - 18 month old dribble monkey who loves "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", "Handy Manny" and "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" and can already say 'Mickey', 'Oh Toodles' and can name the entire cast of "My Friends Tigger and Pooh". We are hoping that he will enjoy DLRP however fully aware that he probably won't remember the trip at all :-)

Pirate Uncle Matty - Or the lesser spotted Uncle as he is otherwise known. Comes back from a year in Australia on the 7th December straight to DLRP on the Thursday. Hasn't seen Kacee since January 26th 2008 and wants to spend as much time as possible with Kacee on this trip.

Trip Details

Well a very kind lady, called Mixednuts offered tickets on the Eurostar for free on the DIS boards. I was very, very lucky to win the tickets. As the tickets were needed to be used before the 11th February my 8 month pregnant wife Ellie decided that she would rather stay at home than be in DLRP and not be able to do any rides, it was decided that I would take Uncle Matty with us as he had felt very unwell at the end of the December trip and had missed Saturday evening and the whole of Sunday. We booked the Eurostar as soon as the tickets came through and then it was a case of trying to find a Hotel that was not too expensive however was easy to get to and from with no car. We tried all of the onsite hotels however the cheapest being the Sequia Lodge (bizzarly) topping the scales at a healthy £335.00! I found the Kyriad at Disneyland Paris with a free shuttle and free continental breakfast for £125 instead!!

Trip Goals

* Let Uncle Matty enjoy DLRP (He was very ill last time we went in December)
* Meet and greet with Winnie the Pooh that I keep promising to take Kacee to.
* Finally take Kacee on a Main Street vehicle, as I keep promising that and everytime I try and take him on one it has stopped running.

The Butlin Boy

I hope you have a great time :)

littlemermaid83

Have a great time John :)

I'm jealous  :P
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Plutosgirl

have a great time .... lucky boy :D/
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011

Mr_B

Hope you have a great time and achieve all your goals :-)

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....