plutosgirl conclusion

Started by Plutosgirl, January 14, 2009, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutosgirl

Thank you all for the kind comments this was my  first trip report and was a bit nervous  :D

It was cold and lots of things were cancelled or closed but all in all we had a fab time and of course our wonderful, last minute free upgrade made it a holiday to remember.

Things I am sad about ...
1.our VIP Fastpasses   can you believe we only used them on Peter Pan  and Buzz  tut tut, when we left the park we did try and give them to someone for the last couple of hours but only spotted one family who already had. I must admit we were targeting English speakers... throught out the week when we had brought hot drinks DLP they were giving out tickets at the tills for further free hot drinks between 3-7 at various eateries. We tried to give these away on 2 occassions but unfortunately due to who we chose there was a total language break down and it all got very complicated lol :oops:  
2.Missing the Enchanted candlebration
3.Missing Fantalusion

Things I am happy about (apart from the obvious)
FOR THOSE WORRIED ABOUT PRICES
1 We took 485 euros for 5 days and brought back 145 euros, we didnt skimp and set ourselves a budget of 100 euros perday. Usually on the last day we just spend loads and loads to use up the euros , but didnt really feel the need to go mad this time .  Each day as we said in our trip report we were lucky enough to not to need midday meals just snacks , no complaints from anyone.  Each evening I would say my husband had 2 drinks at the bar myself one (lightweights hic lol)

2. The girls brought pin sets last year and started trading,  we brought some originals on Ebay to take with us a swaps spending no more than £20/£25 . And these proved invaluable .  I know this was the girls fourth visit but they were genuinely more interested in finding cast members in the shops to swap with than the produce on sale. They each had one desperate want, which they got  but we spent almost all out time in the shops trying to find the pins they were looking for , this was great on our pockets  :D  :D

3. Again I know this will be sooo different for first timers etc , but I really wasnt really tempted this year by stuff. I think that usually with the rate being better you know its expensive but what the heck.  This year the prices tag were real if you know what I mean?  The things I really wanted , like the lovely new light pink  tinkerbell tea/dinner service, glass wear, Snow globes etc I didnt buy coz I know they will get broken on way home.
But we did buy :D/  :D/  Our Purchases   prices roughly
Family Photo from hotel 15euro, E speices stiches girlfriend 27 euro (i think) Pluto in a blanket 23 euro Thumpers Girlfiiend (name anyone ??? 10 euro.  Minnie ears 10 euro , prirates necklace 5 euro , 3 pin badges 20 euro,  2 x Disney jelly beans 10 euros, baby thumper vest and jumper soooo cute 20 euros, 4 disney beakers 4 euro 4 disney pens 4 euro . I think that was that which seems really sad :cry: but we have key rings from last year we havent used ,Tshirts that still fit.   and I promise the only things we said no to the kids to were:  Peter Pan outfit 45 euro :shock: , Big Stich to match his girlfriend 25 euro and mickey mouse hands 15 euro they would have joined the mickey hat, goofy hat and pluto ears at the back of the dressing  box :P

Anyway thanks to you all for reading and putting up with my bad typing .
I hope you all enjoy your next trips as much as we enjoyed ours x
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011