plutosgirl day 3

Started by Plutosgirl, January 13, 2009, 09:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutosgirl

Managed to get everyone rounded up for breakfast at 8.40 this morning. Breakfast was a bit warmer ..made sure everyone was sorted before I got mine , but still not what I'd call really warm. But would you believe it  ? by the time we had pin traded again, seen characters visted the shop ..again it was still nearly 9.45 before we left the hotel.(  The queue was really big for breakfast again after 9.00)  
I dont understand we are nearer the action than normal but it is taking us much longer to get there... go figure  :mrgreen: must be the lure of the hotel.

Today was WDS day and it felt much much warmer than previous days , traditionally I have always felt WDS to be freezing. My theory being a large expanse of land where the wind just rips through and the sun dont shine. But maybe the new builds have broken up the terrain a bit but it was much warmer ..for the first time I took off my gloves....for a bit

Crushes coaster queue was building up , saw a little model showing how the shells spin and turn which I hadnt noticed before
We had FP but DH was not feeling well today at all and wanted nothing to do with RnRcoater, ToT or Crush he wanted to be on firm ground and that was it.  I dont do scarey,  Oribtron makes me scream at the kids "leave the lever , if you put it up and down again your in big trouble" like some looney woman. I can just handle the carpets and jumbo but only just lol

The characters were out in force we saw loads , Remy and Rene for the first time at toon studios .. Eldest D was really let down by Toon studios , she has seen my pictures of Anaheim toon studios with me sitting in Plutos bed and had high hopes, she didnt realise it was really just a character meet stage.  WE then saw Prince Ali another first for us

We then decided to do the indoors stuff Animagique..wonderful as always , My DH adores the coats the cast members wear here and has always wanted one

Cinemagique next  serious bribing for youngest D , who seriously hates it . She hid under her coat whimpering here and there. Better than last year she screamed all the way until the end of the Titanic bit . And then straight in for IT WAS FANTASTIC sooo sweet the guy /girl who did the voice today had the sweetest voice  "Louise do the butterflies on your hat still love me ?" arhhhh

We then had hot choc and pilfered danish outside, seriously !! to us it felt like a spring day after what we had been having.  We admired the views

After which we decided to do the tram tour , we missed thi sthe last time and thought we'd take another look

It really needs something to make it more ... I guess relevant to Disney its all so old now , fun enough but missable

Next girls wanted to swap pins so we went to Studio one where Ydd swaped her large 101 dalmation with a very nice cast member for a small Mickey, I tried to intervene as it didnt seem a very good swap , but he said that she especially wanted that one, so I just let it go.  Anyway I had a chat with her and spotted a nice larger pin on another cast members  lanyard and my daughter said she'd swap her new mickey one for that ... but the pin was refused as it was not original !!!!! I was really shocked. check those pins folks!! I tried to find the original chap again but couldnt see him anywhere.  :cry:  :evil: anyway saw a group of staff talking one who looked like a supervisor/manager and explained what had happened. She asked who we had swapped with but couldnt remember his name just what he looked like, they were very puzzled as they only had one man in the shop and it wasnt the right one.  We agreed that maybe the castmember had just been passing through the store and not working there.  To cut along story short the supervisor/manager lady let  georgie swap her "dud"pin with another cast members original pin which I did think was very kind of them under the circumstances :D  ..but it just goes to show that there  are a lot of fakes floating around.
next indoors for  

The kids love this especially the drawing , we have Mulan's dragon Muscha (?) , Winnie and Mickey now , has anyone ever done anything else??.  Mia was lucky enough to ask the cast member for the Mickey he did and got that signed to take home...she was thrilled .

After this we saw more characters and went on carpets three times .  My first time sitting in the back never didnt realise about the scarab beetle bit ...scarey!!usually both girls just want to be in front so we split up into 2 carpets.
Now it had begun to get really cold again
We bribed kids to go back to hotel at 4.30 with  the promise of checking out the Minnie club.
The Minnie kids club is open 3 to 10 to children of residents and managed during our stay by the lovley Elodie. There are three rooms, one for arts and crafts and drawing with tv/video. one soft play area and one with Disney computer games (2) and one small reception with toilet and drink facilities.  All very nice and girls desperate to join in . So we left them for half an hour so we could go and have a drink at the bar. . We collected them promptly and had a quick look at the pool.  This was open to 10.30 I think children under 10 had to be accompanied but the adult didnt need to get in the water just supervise from the pool side. Swimming aids were provided if necessary.

We promised the kids that tomorrow we would spend all evening in the hotel . Mummys eating choice tomorrow would be Inventions then the children could go to minnies club for a bit and the we would have a swim.  

But tonight was Daddys choice and he wanted Billy Bobs so off we went once more and again the cold was ccccooollld.  Having our upgrade was great but it did mean a trek everytime we wanted to eat out ...but I promise Im not grumbling

My youngest daughter especially seemed to enjoy it and had many desserts... maybe too many as it turned out.
My husband did comment that at the DLH bar a shot of Jack Daniels was 11 euros he reckoned on there being about 28 shots in a bottle .. quite a mark up  

Billy Bobs was very nice lots to eat lots of choice after dinner we made our way through Disney Village back to bed .
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011

never2old

Ah, it sure is difficult to leave the hotel in the mornings isn't it? With all those characters around and all... When we've stayed there my husband had to drag me out, he didn't want to go and meet the characters (other than the ones who came to our table during breakfast)

Very impressive the pictures of the Tram Tour, and the truck covered in ice!! You would imagine that with the fire effects and all that there wouldn't be so much ice  :shock: !

ColdSun

another great part of your report and really nice pictures, too. I have never seen Prince Ali anywhere, so cool that he is around. But the thing with the fake pin, made me go all  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: ... That is just so wrong. Good thing that it got sorted out for you in the end.

Nala_84

Your girls are really cute :)!

And I love the photos of the parks covered with snow - it looks awesome :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

disneyloverjessie

what does DH etc mean
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]