Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Started by howtodeal, June 15, 2008, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howtodeal

A pampered Beverly Hills Chihuahua named Chloe finds herself accidentally lost in the mean streets of Mexico without a day spa or Rodeo Drive boutique anywhere in sight. Now alone for the first time in her spoiled life, she must rely on some unexpected new friends -- including a street-hardened German Shepherd named Delgado and an amorous pup named Papi -- to lend her a paw and help her to find her inner strength on their incredible journey back home.

Release Date:3 October 2008 (USA)

Starring: Piper Perabo, Jamie Lee Curtis, Drew Barrymore, Andy Garcia, Salma Hayek

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809922965/info

peep

I came across the trailer for this the other week on the apple trailers site. I was mainly like "wtf?" Very, very random.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Owain

This looks like another rubbish disney real dog film like The Shaggy Dog !  :roll:

Captain Pan

I was half expecting Nicole Richie or Paris Hilton to be lined up to feature in the cast list howtodeal rattled off...

Very well another disney dog movie thats going to disinterest the fans! (Although I'm Still Quite Intreged by Underdog... But that could be because I like my Super Hero Movies and its the closest release to Krypto that any studios are going to release without DC's backing)

Quote from: "Owain"This looks like another rubbish disney real dog film like The Shaggy Dog !  :roll:

I liked The Shaggy Dog... It has a story, some good acting Tim Allen was as per usual his Disney Best... But then it was never anything like Beethoven!

AmericanMouse

I don't know that there was a discussion about this film, but...

//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Chihuahua

And believe it ot not, Hispanic groups are trying to boycot this film.

penfold12

Why are the asking for a boycott?

AmericanMouse

According to the Wikipedia article, these two words were mentioned: Ethnic Sterotypes.

penfold12

Politcal Correctness gone mad again I fear....

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"According to the Wikipedia article, these two words were mentioned: Ethnic Sterotypes.

It seems like a 'sense of humour' is fast becoming a thing of the past.......and the ability to laugh at one's self is following closely behind :roll:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

burntsienna

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"
Quote from: "AmericanMouse"According to the Wikipedia article, these two words were mentioned: Ethnic Sterotypes.

It seems like a 'sense of humour' is fast becoming a thing of the past.......and the ability to laugh at one's self is following closely behind :roll:

Oo things like this are just getting completely out of control!
I agree with you Epcot_Boy.
People should learn to be able to laugh at themselves, not everything is so serious, not everything is meant to offend!
I don't really understand people can be offended by every little thing. :(
Whether it is to do with Ethnic differences or Religious ones.
And I know somethings can be quite offensive, but clearly not all things are meant in an offensive way.
I mean I don't think people should be discriminated abusivly for being different but the world is losing its sense of humour.
I laugh at myself all the time, to be honest I think if I didn't I'd be so grumpy. It's fun to laugh at yourself everynow and again   :lol:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

AmericanMouse

Another case of the Politically Correct Police going amock for nothing whatsoever...

<100th post!>

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "burntsienna"
Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"

Everybody needs to come and live Ireland for a while. As far as having the ability to laugh at one's self, we must be world champions. I read once that the majority of jokes about Irish sterotypes were created by Irish people. Because 1: We understand they're not personal, and 2: It's funny.

As for the film, I'd boycott it, but that's because it looks stupid  :?

treble

i can't wait to see it  :D
does anyone know the words to the theme tune?  :wink:
i wanna embarrass my daughter by singing it in the cinema  :P
and what exactly are people offended by? they're dogs. would they be happier if say the chihuahua had a french accent?
just like alice you\'re in wonderland