[EDV] La Di Da Carnival: Time goes round and round.

Started by Patrick, February 24, 2006, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Well I have decided it's about time a new idea was dreampt up, so here it is, The Carnival's from the past shown here.
Starting tonight with the original carnival of this new millenium, a half year long carnival "The Toon Circus".  This ran from the 30th March to the 30th September 2001.  
Many new things had been added to make the Toon Circus simply toontastic on Main Street, including changing the Town Square into Toon Square and transforming the gazeebo from a Victorian architectural masterpiece into a toon funfilled area.

(Photo from DLP.info)

Along also with the lamposts that had been erected along Main Street with every toon imaginable on them

Unlike today's Carnival's it was a simple event, parades and nothing else, no extra music outside the parades, though music was created for this event called "And Now You Enter The Circus", a new piece compiled by Vasile Sirli.
The Parade itself compiled of 3 floats, one of which was the classic Casey Junior float used during the daytime Wonderful World of Disney Parade, though altered for a more toon feel to feature Roger Rabbit and even more clowns.

Other floats included a huge trampoline, where acrobats and characters tried their skill in the circus world; even the pink elephant from Fantasia tried it.

The last float of the lot was a wrestling ring, though no ordinary ring, it was the place where Goofy would try out his strength from the classic cartoon sequence in one of the classic Fab5 cartoons from the early years of Disney.  Little acrobatic skill was performed with this float, though was a nice addition to the mini parade all the same.

Mickey lastly joined the parade in his car, when he would get out at the stop and introduce each of the circus acts; after all he was the ringmaster.

Toon Circus was a new idea that had not been created before for Disneyland Paris, though was only destined to stay at Marne La Vallee for 6 months, when it was taken over in October 2001 by the Halloween festival and also some may say that Toon Circus was the exact reasoning to have taken away the ImagiNations Parade from the daytime parade slot and turned it sadly into a scrapheap.  Toon Circus however was the start of something that would take over the Town Square for many years, with the arrival after its departure of Jungle Book, Lion King and Carnival des Enfants.

(Photo's from http://www.dlp-guide.com)

Dlrpfan

really cool stuff paddy
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Toon Circus was so ugly!  :lol: It was quite a nice concept, but they just did it completely wrong... those colours!! bleeurk.. :shock:

I can remember being disappointed that it finished in September 2001, because I wouldn't get to see it (visited in October), but I'm quite glad now...

Kristof

:lol:   I actually saw it...  I remember waiting to get photos because I was waiting for something spectacular.  But before I knew it, it was over, so I went home with just one photo of Baloo...  :lol:

Dlrpfan

i was there when they started too bbuild stuff for it in feb 2001
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012