Disney's Animated TV Series

Started by dagobert, January 26, 2010, 07:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I just surfed through the internet and found the song of Disney's The Gummibears. In my opinion Disney TV series were so much better 20 years ago.

There was a show on a German TV Channel called "The Disney Club" and they showed always episodes of DuckTales, Tale Spin, The Rescuers or The Gummibears. I really loved those series and compared to the new ones Disney is producing, they were so entertaining and so well animated. My favorite was DuckTales followed by Tale Spin and the others.

In my opinion with Darkwing Duck the quality of Disney's series declined. It's really sad that Disney doesn't produce such great animated series anymore.

So what do you think?

Agent Lex

I think Darkwing Duck was definitely the last of the great classics. That said, the Aladdin series wasn't bad either; I'd rather watch 3 episodes of that than either of the last 2 Aladdin movies.

dagobert

There is only one exception from the last years. Kim Possible was also entertaining.

Gareth

Recess (sp?) is fantastic lol everyone love recess lol and lilo and stich aint half bad ooo and house of mouse there are more but i dont wanna look like a sad person so im gunna not list them :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Owain

I also think it depends on what you grew up with, i grew up with recess, lloyd in space, kim possible, Fillmore! etc;
and i thought they were really good. I also love the classic disney toons too. Also i like the present disney animated series like Phineas and Ferb  :D

Agent Lex

I haven't seen it, but I have heard that Phineas and Ferb is actually very good as well.

jeakat24

Love, love Phineas and Ferb, it's a great little show and there are moments that, as an almost 23-year-old I have laughed out loud!
I grew up with Recess and Llyod in Space and although I loved them at the time they don't compare to the originals mentioned in the first post.
I have to say that I saw Fillmore the other day and I think it's a really good programme. It's clever and doesn't spell out everything for it's audience. On one episode I actually couldn't figure out who'd done the 'crime'. It also sends out a moral message without ramming it down your throat.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Waddi

Hi, I grew up with the Disney Club and Saturday Disney on ITV, My Favourites were;
Rescue Rangers
Gummi Bears
Duck Tales
Tale Spin
Darkwing Duck
Bonkers
Goof Troop
Aladdin series
Quack Pack

in fact I think thats all of them anyway.

HildeKitten

I loved the classic cartoons like Goof Troop, Ducktales, Talespin, Darkwing Duck and the Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles (come on guys, GARGOYLES! and the Gummi Bears (come to think of it, I should still have Gummi Bear plushies at my parent's house!)!
My favorites were Goof Troop, Gummi Bears, Gargoyles and Ducktales.
I still love watching those, even though I had to watch them dubbed in Dutch or French.
It wasn't until recently when I discovered all the Ducktales episodes on YouTube that I discovered Scrooge McDuck has a Scottish accent in English!
And I've never even seen Gargoyles in anything but French! (the others I've only seen in Dutch with the exeption of Ducktales and Talespin).

Of the newer cartoons I really quite like Kim Possible, the others had some ok episodes but just weren't as good as the classics.  They should bring them all back really.