Random - Tinkerbell on the speaking clock!!

Started by Snow_White_Girl, November 10, 2008, 11:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow_White_Girl

Well I don't know whether anyone in the UK has rung the speaking clock recently... I had to tonight cos all the electricity blew in my flat and I had to reset all my digital clocks etc. Imagine my surprise when I dial 123 to hear:

"Hi, it's Tinkerbell! At the third bell, the time will be [insert time here]!" :tink:

Then 3 little noises that sounded like a fairy wand tapping! So very cute, but I have to ask, why?! Surely Disney haven't bought the speaking clock lol!!  :lol:

\":lamp:\"

Javey74

You're right, I've just tried it myself.  It's Tinkerbell alright and I agree they do sound like magic wand taps for the strokes...... :o  Thanks for the tip off SWG... :D

Just discovered it's to promote the new Tinkerbell DVD, a deal made between Disney and BT, it will last for the next three months.. :wink:  :D

Goes the show the power and influence of Disney.. :!:  :!:  :D/  :D/

The story was reported on bbc.co.uk>>

Here's the link>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7689425.stm

The Butlin Boy

Just checked this out for myself, very cool idea Disney, I'm sure it's pleasantly surprised millions of people already. It's a bit of a strange marketing scheme isn't it, they don't usually do this kind of thing do they? Still cool though :wink:

Captain Pan

It is Amazing...

Apparently bbc news wasn't the only ones to report it... but bbc radio 1 also did it... live on Air..

I've shown everyone It... Its So WOW!!!!

Its a sure fire pick-me-up!

Masamune

:o I actually found out about this back when the clocks changed. :P I was reading the paper, and someone had written an angry letter saying that they had phoned the speaking clock to double check the time after it was changed, and he was horrified to hear that "some cutesy American girl" claiming to be Tinker Bell was now telling the time.

Personally, I love it, but I can see why people may be annoyed by it if they're not Disney fans.

peep

I found this out in October when some friends told me about it, I think we dialled the number about 10 times :P Its defiantly different.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

Quote from: "peep"I found this out in October when some friends told me about it, I think we dialled the number about 10 times :P Its defiantly different.

Well Its all set to change soon... BBC Radio one: Fearne & Chris along with 2 of the ladies from Girls Aloud have recorded thier slots for its change... with all proceeds going to Comic Relief... I'm guessing its going to be the team that are doing the Climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro for Lenny's team in March