[HKDL] Financial problems

Started by Patrick, May 10, 2007, 03:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haz

I have read today that they are intorducing 4 new "small attractions" by spring next year?,now bear in mind they class the stitch attraction as an E ride and the timeframe for building 4 new attractions i am not dusting my passport to visit.
All the Best,

Haz

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Haz"I have read today that they are intorducing 4 new "small attractions" by spring next year?,now bear in mind they class the stitch attraction as an E ride and the timeframe for building 4 new attractions i am not dusting my passport to visit.

I don't know what three of them are, but I know that one of them is an updated version of 'It's a Small World', hopefully that'll help them out a bit [-o<

Anthony

Where did you read this, Haz? Could you share a source? :)

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Haz"I have read today that they are intorducing 4 new "small attractions" by spring next year?,now bear in mind they class the stitch attraction as an E ride and the timeframe for building 4 new attractions i am not dusting my passport to visit.

I don't know what three of them are, but I know that one of them is an updated version of 'It's a Small World', hopefully that'll help them out a bit [-o<

No, actually Its A Small World is the 5th attraction to debut this spring. Hong Kong Disneyland officialy announced today the arrival of 4 new additions to the park:

-Muppet Mobile Lab (from DCA/Epcot)
-High School Musical Celebration (from DCA/MGM/WDS)
-Nemo Submarine Turtle Talk (the promotion camper from the Subs at Anaheim or Turtle Talk from DCA/Epcot, not really clear at this point)
-Art of Animation (an exhibition with scale models, sketches etc from Disney and Pixar films)

These new additions will debut along with Its A Small World in spring 2008.
Source: //http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/257

I want Muppet Mobile Lab for Walt Disney Studios aswell! It looks very inventive and it would be cool to get some reference to the Muppets in Paris.  :)

Haz

Quote from: "Baloo"Where did you read this, Haz? Could you share a source? :)

Baloo, i read it on screamscape and Miceage, screamscape named the attractions and they are as posted here.
All the Best,

Haz

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Why does'nt Hong Kong Disneyland have annyone of the big actractions, like
the Big Thunder Mountain, or Space Mountain? Seems like a stupid decision to leave
those two actractions out.

The Butlin Boy

They do have Space Mountain, but I agree, they don't even have Frontierland! :o

WaltDisneyFanBoy

One would think they've learned from the mistakes they made with
Disneyland Resort Paris. They started with just 12 actractions at the time, and left
out some major ones too.

Kristof

QuoteOne would think they've learned from the mistakes they made with
Disneyland Resort Paris.

One of the biggest complaints people had when Euro Disneyland opened, was not enough attractions.  That's why The Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast attractions were dropped in favour of the increased capacity programme, which included Casey Jr., The Old Mill, Storybookland, Fort Comstock, Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin and a few other minor attractions.

penfold12

And what a mistake that was in my opinion!

Kristof

But not at that time, they needed attractions fast and cheap.

penfold12

no, your right. I think because none of the smaller attraction built had too much appeal for me, I guess I wish we had had an e ticket as planned

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Screamscape"(12/11/08) According to this article Hong Kong Disneyland only drew in 4.5 million guests this year, falling short of the 6.2 million they had hoped to get. This number is an improvement over last year's 4.17 million however. Of course these numbers are at odds with a previous article we quoted from over the summer that claimed that the resort was targeting only 5.6 million this year.

Well it's a shame they didn't reach their target, but it's an improvement :roll:

:arrow: http://www.screamscape.com/html/hong_ko ... eyland.htm