It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

id@53

Quote from: "RnRCj"I don't understand why DLRP ask their target audience what they want to see at the resort
- it's called Market Research. DLRP are having to compete with a global holiday and leisure industry, just look how many people are prepared to go from the UK & Ireland to WDW, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, etc.
Quote from: "RnRCj"That's what the Disney of today should be doing; dreaming up their own amazing things and making them reality
They did (sort of, though we're not sure just how amazing they were),
Quote from: "Kristof"people all over Europe were phoned and 5 themes were explained. MMP "won" by 30% of the votes.
Quote from: "RnRCj"Disney should be creating what they want to create in their parks.
We mightn't like it, but DLRP is a "for profit" organisation with shareholders, the majority of who expect a pay back on their investment, so they have to give their customers what they want.
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"Small detail, the concept that was proposed for MMP back then had 5 different shows in each land, with Dance Time with Mickey and Friends being a grand Disney show in front of the Castle with fireworks, more characters and puppeteers.
It was a huge mistake to axe the other ideas, however dubious they were. They should definitely, definitely have included Once Upon a Time with Sleeping Beauty and Step in Time with Mary Poppins as MMP events...

Kris

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Great photo and we did get flowers, and are those really cool lighting towers staying up. i kinda like them!

The towers seemed to be down by Sunday (looking at photos). I thought they were alright too. If the show is to be performed at night, we really go need some serious lighting. The stuff for Bougillumination was pretty basic by anyone's standards!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Willow

Based on the launch party this show is going to be very boring without the lights and projections and even the giant Mickey head. (I've been very positive about MMP party so far)

peterpanfan1953

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Kristof"Small detail, the concept that was proposed for MMP back then had 5 different shows in each land, with Dance Time with Mickey and Friends being a grand Disney show in front of the Castle with fireworks, more characters and puppeteers.
It was a huge mistake to axe the other ideas, however dubious they were. They should definitely, definitely have included Once Upon a Time with Sleeping Beauty and Step in Time with Mary Poppins as MMP events...

Sorry for the stupid question... but Once Upon a Time with Sleeping Beauty and Step in Time with Mary Poppins are gone now? :(

Went for the first time in Feb and saw both of them... they were great... would love to see them again when we go back in Oct... but guess not... REALLY glad we saw them in Feb now
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

15yearsofMagic2008

Will this be on for a year or will it be made longer to 2 years ?

BTW , It looks soooo coool.
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

WDI1992

it definitely won't stay on for two years!  :wink:  just one...
and having seen the show, I admit that the lighting & special effects on premiere evening were very cool, but I wouldn't say the show is boring as it is during the day... though Mickey's costume wasn't working on sunday  :roll: they should fix that  :lol:
all by all it's an entertaining show and EPC has done a great job but the interaction with the audience just does not work in DLRP...
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

jennytablina

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Will this be on for a year or will it be made longer to 2 years ?

BTW , It looks soooo coool.

Pretty sure this ones a temp celebration: as its not a big a deal as 15th anniversary and  it seems to be a pattern that Disney will go with one big celebration followed by another smaller one.

This one is one of the bigger efforts in terms of cheaper celebrations though and thats how I'm seeing it. At least theres more effort going into this celebration than the american parks. The only shame is that the "get in on your birthday free" deal isnt extended to the other parks outside the US.

I mean at least they try to update stuff: the WDW Magic Kingdom has had the same parade for about 5 years now! I'll take Minnies party train or Celebrate! over seeing that parade again if that's what it takes
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "jennytablina"
Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"I mean at least they try to update stuff: the WDW Magic Kingdom has had the same parade for about 5 years now! I'll take Minnies party train or Celebrate! over seeing that parade again if that's what it takes

Try 9, the only difference is they took the snow globe bit off 5 years ago.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

And, DLP had effectively the same parade for 15 years (with the odd new unit or music - but essentially the same). Though they did try to change it up with the Imaginations Parade and some mini parades, but they never lasted long.

The Minnie train has been in use for 17 years in some way (parade, toon circus, 15th and now MMP)

pussinboots

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And, DLP had effectively the same parade for 15 years (with the odd new unit or music - but essentially the same). Though they did try to change it up with the Imaginations Parade and some mini parades, but they never lasted long.

The Minnie train has been in use for 17 years in some way (parade, toon circus, 15th and now MMP)

True, but at least the Wonderful World of Classic Disney Princesses Parade had good floats during its entire run. The Share a Dream Come True Parade sans snow globes looked ridiculous. And what about that blue "crystal castle" float they've been using since 1927?

And ooh, flowers. That's been a while.

davewasbaloo

It's funny though. I think it's great to have a refresh of the parade floats every 3-5 years, but I would love to still have the MSEP even though I have been enjoying it in some form for 34 years.

davewasbaloo

And yet it is ironic that Disneyland, the park in California that I hold aloft often as a halmark of quality has gotten it soooooo wrong this year - the new Celebrate event and the toons in IASW!   :roll:  :evil:

luke85

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And yet it is ironic that Disneyland, the park in California that I hold aloft often as a halmark of quality has gotten it soooooo wrong this year - the new Celebrate event and the toons in IASW!   :roll:  :evil:
I find this strange too, usually the other Disney resorts are trying to emulate Disneyland, whether it's attractions, entertainment or parades. This year they seem to have hit a bit of a low with regards to guest satisfaction. I doubt it'll affect their attendance however as I'm sure that Disneyland has a constant guest flow all year round.

I really hope DLRP continues to keep its attendance up this year  [-o<

15MagicalYears

The opening number is awesome, with the ribbons and all!
Very impressive Dlrp. ;)