It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

I doubt this will be a problem :?  I think It's party time will go on breaks for the seasons you mentioned. Or the show could be slightly altered  :)

Kris

In which case we have this big new stage with effects embedded - for a show that just runs from April to September. Big deal. That's hardly a show worth promoting for 'the party of the year' :S

Of course it can boost the other shows on the stage too, but still not the same. We lose LOTLK that runs all year, Tarzan that runs for half of it too, yet it's replaced by something that only stops further spectacles from being performed. Hmm
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Kris"In which case we have this big new stage with effects embedded - for a show that just runs from April to September. Big deal. That's hardly a show worth promoting for 'the party of the year' :S

Of course it can boost the other shows on the stage too, but still not the same. We lose LOTLK that runs all year, Tarzan that runs for half of it too, yet it's replaced by something that only stops further spectacles from being performed. Hmm

Personally, im glad LOTLK is gone, i never liked it. Much prefered the broadway/london (and now) Paris musical. Tarazn is still originally brilliant in my eyes, even though there is a musical version of that too, but not with as many stunts, flying etc.

New show in Videopolis would be greatly appreciated...and when i say NEW i mean NEW, never before done in any disney...but i guess thats asking a bit too much??

As for the hub show in regards to the seasonal events, i assume it will be correctly altered, but the dancers are external (not part of our entertainment department) so there would still be 5 shows a day, as its not possible to hire them just for 1 or 2 shows daily.

I think it would be better to use the castle stage for seasonal shows. That way they could keep MMP on the hub unchanged.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

lil-shawn

hey ya folks,
the stage grows nicely... pic is from Disneytheque.com

Willow

Do they have enough cones around the middle?  :lol:

The ramp will be welcome for the characters, they always looked like they struggled climbing the 15th stage steps.

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Willow"Do they have enough cones around the middle?  :lol:

The ramp will be welcome for the characters, they always looked like they struggled climbing the 15th stage steps.

There are still steps for the poor fuzzies to cope with, sadly. And wet ramps arnt easy for them either!  :(

Anthony

Quote from: "Willow"Do they have enough cones around the middle?  :lol:
It looks like they're all forming a circle and hailing the King of the Cones -- the yellow slippy floor cone! Those things are like rats at DLRP.

I don't know if anyone can help with a couple of questions (zanderstarz?)... Will there be "human" dancers as well as the characters? And if so, are their costumes we see in the TV spot the final ones for the show (mostly white with the guys in orange shirts)?

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Anthony"I don't know if anyone can help with a couple of questions (zanderstarz?)... Will there be "human" dancers as well as the characters? And if so, are their costumes we see in the TV spot the final ones for the show (mostly white with the guys in orange shirts)?

There will indeed be "human" dancers in the show, they are currently in rehearsals right now! The costumes however may be slightly different from the ones advertised, that was filmed in November you know...in Cape Town (FACT!).

15MagicalYears

All the way back in November?  :shock:  Wow, that sure is interesting :)

Kris

Ant, got a better quality version of the ad to post?

On the most recent stage photo, the stairs on either side of the stage look pretty developed and permanent. Slightly different to the design I at least saw with the stairs flaring out from the portions of the stage without satelite stages, rather than these steps feeding in towards the centre of the stage (does that make ANY sense?)

Is that ramp going to stay too? Getting a tad worried
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "zanderstarz"There will indeed be "human" dancers in the show, they are currently in rehearsals right now!
Thanks!

Quote from: "Kris"Ant, got a better quality version of the ad to post?
Unfortunately I don't have a TV tuner or anything, so all I can offer is this link.

smurfy74

here you go for the ad

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Mickey ... aris/69539

the quality is a bit better, im not sure what i make of the ad ,ive posted the link in the resort section as the question was asked in both  :?

Magicalmouse125

The stage is coming along nicely. but why are there all those cones are they waring people something. And is that ramp going to stay i always like the idea of a staircase going up to the stage.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kristof

New photos from thunder1000 on Disney Central Plaza:

TowMater

I have a strange feeling that this is going to be permament.  :shock:
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites