DLRP Building Quest!

Started by Javey74, November 23, 2008, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quark

I'm not sure whether the view from the tram tour was supposed to be *the* costuming division. And at least it's in the building where most of the costumes are.

Whether the entertainment costumes are the "really interesting" one is a different matter.

Javey74

Quote from: "zanderstarz"ugh, i roll my eyes to you all!

Okay, to clear it all up for you guys.
I never said ImagiNations was fake!

The view from the Tram Tour is through the back window of the costuming devision of ImagiNations, made especially for the attraction. The costumes in the window and the window setup is FAKE and do not belong to ImagiNations. As I said, ImagiNations ONLY stores costumes for park staff not entertainment.

Yes you can see the lockers, but you wont spot any secret disney magic. Its very boring I'm afraid. Simba is where the magic is.  8)
Thank you zanderstarz.. =D>   =D>  That sorts that one out between ImagiNations and Simba.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

experiment627

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Yes you can see the lockers, but you wont spot any secret disney magic. Its very boring I'm afraid. Simba is where the magic is.  8)

I beg to differ...

Quark

Well, Imaginations was where the food was, and that's all that mattered to me :)

experiment627

Quote from: "Quark"Well, Imaginations was where the food was, and that's all that mattered to me :)

... not to mention Service Paie  :wink:

zanderstarz

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "Quark"Well, Imaginations was where the food was, and that's all that mattered to me :)

... not to mention Service Paie  :wink:

Service Paie? Thats in Baloo...

Imagi food is alright i guess, but i like brioche mainstreet mmmmm.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

experiment627

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Service Paie? Thats in Baloo...

Imagi food is alright i guess, but i like brioche mainstreet mmmmm.

There are Service Paie offices on the 2nd floor of Imaginations... I had some dealings with them, like getting my bus ticket reimboursed, giving new bank account information etc.

I used to prefer Brioche Main Street, too. Though it's a bit more expensive than the former Ritazza (what's it called now) at Imma...

PetiteSirene

I know one of them has to be the office where the reservation department for the hotels and customer service are...

Smurfy rang them the other day and asked where they were based and they said behind Woodys round up village, which if I looked at the map right is where these buildings are located

Edit: Managed to miss page 2 and 3 of the conversation so please ignore if already mentioned lol

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Quark

That's nice of them to actually just answer that question instead of beating around the bush :)

And I got my paycheck from Imaginations as well, which wasn't that easy considering that my French was very, shall we say, basic. I sometimes wonder how I did it.

Unfortunately, I missed the days of the backstage McDonald's - that did exist, didn't it?

Overall, I found the food at DLP better than I expected, but not quite as good as at Epcot - we had a backstage Subways, which was perfect. And on the way back from the Odyssey (in full German costume, past Mexico, Norway and China - good bless the World Showcase), CMs could constantly be seen carrying Subway bags, with guests staring and also wanting CHEAP FOOD.

Hehe. Always thought someone would get into trouble for that, but no one cared. And China had their own backhand backstage business going on, offering cheap takeaway to CMs. Again, there was a surprising number of CMs in all kinds of costumes invading the Chinese pavillion at around lunch time, and everyone wondered why the came. Those were the days...

Javey74

Quote from: "Quark"That's nice of them to actually just answer that question instead of beating around the bush :)

And I got my paycheck from Imaginations as well, which wasn't that easy considering that my French was very, shall we say, basic. I sometimes wonder how I did it.

Unfortunately, I missed the days of the backstage McDonald's - that did exist, didn't it?

Overall, I found the food at DLP better than I expected, but not quite as good as at Epcot - we had a backstage Subways, which was perfect. And on the way back from the Odyssey (in full German costume, past Mexico, Norway and China - good bless the World Showcase), CMs could constantly be seen carrying Subway bags, with guests staring and also wanting CHEAP FOOD.

Hehe. Always thought someone would get into trouble for that, but no one cared. And China had their own backhand backstage business going on, offering cheap takeaway to CMs. Again, there was a surprising number of CMs in all kinds of costumes invading the Chinese pavillion at around lunch time, and everyone wondered why the came. Those were the days...
Thanks for sharing that bit of nostalgia Quark... :wink:  :D

Quark

Hehe. I sometimes get carried away - ah, the memories. :P

experiment627

Quote from: "Quark"Unfortunately, I missed the days of the backstage McDonald's - that did exist, didn't it?

Yes. I used to eat there back in 2001 from time to time. After McDonald's pulled out, Brioche Dorée moved in.

QuoteOverall, I found the food at DLP better than I expected, but not quite as good as at Epcot - we had a backstage Subways, which was perfect.

Good for you. I found the food at and around the MK worse than DLRP's. It lacked variety, and even though the backstage Subways was cool I am just not sold on the quality of their sandwiches. Don't like them at all, to be frank. Also, I found the cafeteria food at WDW much more expensive than at DLP (almost twice as much!). After two months in Florida, I actually missed Imaginations...

Quark

Hm - I guess the variety of the World Showcase made the difference. Not only did we sometimes steal food from our own (German) buffet (or were allowed to eat from it by our managers), we also had a small cafeteria at the American Adventure, said Subway plus regular cafeteria food at the Odyssey (I had never been to Subway's until then, maybe I liked it more because of that) and the side businesses that the Chinese and Mexican pavillions were running. So lots of choice - and we ended up slipping out of our costumes and going to one of the other pavilions as regular guests after our shifts quite often. Especially with the myriad of Christmas vouchers everyone had. I think I was only the one losing weight while there, probably because I was quite chunky to begin with :)

In contrast, at DLRP I had the choice between Pasta and Steak Haché, or my trusted tuna sandwich. That was about it. Having said that, food was really cheap in Paris, which kind of surprised me.

Javey74

I haven't forgotten, it just takes a lot of time..  :oops:  :wink:

I will get around to the building names and activities as mentioned from the start of this thread..  :mrgreen:

penfold12

Going back to the first page, is that water area really a filtration lake for IASW?

Im not saying its not, it just looks massive, and rather murky!