HKDL | Toy Story Land, Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point

Started by Kristof, November 20, 2008, 07:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Willow"
Quote from: "Kristof"The Grizzly Trail trains look sad without a locomotive in front of it.

I presume it will have a locomotive at the back like Expedition Everest.
Its probably going to be more like Expedition Everest than Big Thunder Mountain.

Or not???

ooooh, that image looks a bit on the wide side [-X Better fix it before Kristof sees.......oh wait, nevermind  :wink:

Kristof

From the magicforum hints 'n' tips:  :P

QuoteMaximum image width: 800px
Images larger than this will "stretch" the message board layout, making posts hard to read and causing trouble for visitors with slow internet connections. Use a thumbnail if available or, if you can't resize your images, just post the URL to the image.

Back on topic now!  :mrgreen:

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Kristof"From the magicforum hints 'n' tips:  :P

QuoteMaximum image width: 800px
Images larger than this will "stretch" the message board layout, making posts hard to read and causing trouble for visitors with slow internet connections. Use a thumbnail if available or, if you can't resize your images, just post the URL to the image.

Back on topic now!  :mrgreen:

Rule No#1 : Never play cards with someone named after an American City
Rule No#2 : Dont try to mess with Kristof  :D

Willow

I would have thought that they would have gone for a locomotive at the back, hmm.
The trains are pretty small as well.

I'd rather have this than Big Thunder Mountain, purely because Expedition Everest is epic.

Riebi

I have mixed feelings about this expansions. It looks a bit as they try to get a WDS kind of parc. With totally new sets at every corner.

Beeing in Toy Story Playland, one step later at a spooky house and again one later at big thunder moutain seems to be very hmm....mixed. Without a big master plan. Just some attraction with theme next to another attraction with theme.

Maybe if they expand this grizzly area some years in the future to a proper frontierland. But at the moment it looks a bit like toon studios and that for me something that didn´t fit into Disneyland. It´s more something for a studio park;-)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Willow

Model of Mystic Point/Manor, at D23.

http://twitpic.com/h7iom

And a general model of the expansion.

http://img25.yfrog.com/img25/8618/hkds.jpg

Anthony

QuoteHong Kong Disneyland reportedly adds to expansion plans

HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Hong Kong Disneyland aims to further expand the theme park, on top of the expansion approved earlier this year, because of the planned opening of the Shanghai Disneyland park, the Hong Kong Economic Times reported Monday, citing an unnamed source.

The theme park, 52%-owned by the Hong Kong government and 48% by Walt Disney Co. /quotes/comstock/13*!dis/quotes/nls/dis (DIS 30.35, -0.26, -0.85%) , aims to complete the second expansion by 2015, when the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge is scheduled to be completed, the paper reported the source as saying.

In July, the city's legislature approved a plan by Walt Disney and the Hong Kong government to expand the park in phases over five years.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hong-k ... 2009-11-29 Via Progress City.

Malin

A Groundbreaking Ceremony has taken place to mark the expansion of the park, that will begin immediately. Read the full Press Release below

http://news-en.hongkongdisneyland.com/P ... aa1a6ff2de

Interesting to note Grizzly Trail is now titled Grizzly Gulch, and that both Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Peak will be exclusive to the park for the first five years of opening. While Toy Story Land will also be exclusive but only for Asia.

lil-shawn

QuoteInteresting to note Grizzly Trail is now titled Grizzly Gulch, and that both Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Peak will be exclusive to the park for the first five years of opening. While Toy Story Land will also be exclusive but only for Asia.

The whole land is Grizzly Gulch and the coaster is Grizzly Trail, it was known a long time..

Malin

Well it can't have been known that long a go because all the original annoucements including concept art and even the attraction poster listed the land as Grizzly Trail.

lil-shawn

QuoteWell it can't have been known that long a go because all the original annoucements including concept art and even the attraction poster listed the land as Grizzly Trail.

Grizzly Trail
Grizzly Gulch, Frontier Gold-Mining Town

The path along Grizzly Trail offers high-spirited frontier fun in an abandoned mining town called Grizzly Gulch, set amidst mountains and woods. The town was founded August 8, 1888 – the luckiest day of the luckiest month of the luckiest year – by prospectors looking to discover gold. Bears have now started causing havoc at the Big Grizzly Mountain Mining Company.

this post is from kristof on page 2, it was posted in june 2009!
as i said it was known for a while, the coaster is Grizzly Trail and the
complete land is Grizzly Gulch!!

Malin

That information does not state anywhere that the ride is called Grizzly Trail. Grizzly Gulch going by the information provided is the name of the town not the land. Kind of like Thunder Mesa being the mining town located inside Frontierland at Disneyland Paris. The name of the ride is being reported by many respected Asia media sources as Big Grizzly Mountain. And that name is also referenced in the quote you gave
QuoteBears have now started causing havoc at the Big Grizzly Mountain Mining Company.

dagobert

RandySavage on Micechat hast posted some very interesting concept art of Adventureland as it was supposed to be.

Go and take a look: (you have to scroll down)
http://micechat.com/forums/hong-kong-di ... nsion.html

The castle looks a little bit like the one in Paris, but in my opinion not as beautiful as DLRP's.

SM:M3

As many of you know Paris has to start consulting on a third theme park by 2017 or lose the land, but I've read for Hong Kong it is as early as 2013 to start consulting on a second park or lose the land! Of course 2013 is when the last of the three new lands will open so it could be interesting.

dagobert

Over in Micechat it is reported that budget cuts are made to Mystic Manor, HKDL's Phantom Manor. It is said that the trackless ride system is gone. If this rumour is true, thanks Disney. Another cheap product!

I would have prefered to get rid of TSPL and use the money for the other two lands that will get built at HKDL.