[UK] Disney Cinemagic HD

Started by The Butlin Boy, November 16, 2008, 06:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Disney has finally leapt into the world of HD TV! I saw an advert this afternoon on Disney Cinemagic, saying that 'Disney Cinemagic HD' is coming soon. I assume that it will start before or on the 7th of December, as it was on at the end of a Rataouille advert that said 'Ratatouille premiers on the 7th of December on Disney Cinemagic, and Disney Cinemagic HD - Coming soon'

I can't wait for this, Disney in HD...Squeee! :mrgreen:

Javey74

That's true Butlin Boy, it should be spectacular, even more so with Disney CGI and Pixar features..The quality will be remarkable. :D/  :D/

Nicholas-c

having a sky HD box all i can say is "meh" :p 99% of the stuff on most HD channels isn't HD... Unless its something like Discovery HD that doesn't show the same programs as its normal channel but only HD ones
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Javey74

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"having a sky HD box all i can say is "meh" :p 99% of the stuff on most HD channels isn't HD... Unless its something like Discovery HD that doesn't show the same programs as its normal channel but only HD ones
Mmm, that is true Nic.  I've noticed that with Sky myself, you have more chance on receiving proper HD programmes if the programme is different and not running in line with the standard channel programmes.  :roll:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c"having a sky HD box all i can say is "meh" :p 99% of the stuff on most HD channels isn't HD... Unless its something like Discovery HD that doesn't show the same programs as its normal channel but only HD ones
Mmm, that is true Nic.  I've noticed that with Sky myself, you have more chance on receiving proper HD programmes if the programme is different and not running in line with the standard channel programmes.  :roll:

True, but some channels like Sky Movies play all in HD. As long as DCHD ( :roll: ) plays all of it's films in HD, I'll be happy :mrgreen:

DLP-Photos.com

This sounds great - I hope it will come to Denmark sooner or later. I have an HD-box too and I must say that most of my HD channels actually show HD programs most of the time (Discovery and a danish sport channel in HD, that shows the danish league, Bundesliga and Champions League and lots of other sports in Full HD)

But on the other hand some of the so-called movie HD channels is just not really good.

I just got MTV HD and the quality is awesome.

Sorry for being a little :offtopic:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Adam

It has now been confirmed that Cinemagic will go HD from December on Sky HD.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a ... annel.html
QuoteDisney to launch Cinemagic HD channel

Thursday, November 20 2008, 11:52 GMT

By Neil Wilkes, Editor
Disney to launch Cinemagic HD channel

'The Incredibles'
Disney is to launch a HD version of its premium movie channel Cinemagic next month.

Cinemagic HD will be available through Sky+ HD to customers who take a Sky Movies subscription. Movies in the lineup for December include Ratatouille and Tinkerbell, followed by Sleeping Beauty and The Incredibles in the New Year.

"We're delighted to launch our first high definition channel in the UK and Disney Cinemagic's focus on movies made it the ideal choice for the HD format," said Michael Cairns, Cinemagic's general manager. "This deal with Sky underlines our commitment to using cutting edge technology to help create and distribute outstanding content and the HD format is set to add a new dimension to family's enjoyment of Disney animated movies."

Also on Broadcastnow: http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2008 ... annel.html

Captain Pan

Thats great Butlin...
For those without Blu Ray thus Disney Moives available in already in HD, here's a little 'review' of what you have to look forward too... and I would like to think those with Blu Ray would tend to agree...

Ratatouille: Simply Stunning, the water of the french Sewers is fantastic and the Fur of the Rats Spectacular... Simply Mouthwatering

Sleeping Beauty: Not Only Have the restoration team done a splendid job, but they've woken her up and the colours All Sparkle off the screen, I am one to agree with Lasseter's comments on the movie... The background in HD nearly stole the show from the Characters... But the Faires and Prince Phillip keep the battle against Maleificent in focus!

I'm yet to get Tinkerbell... But Hopefully I've been good enough to and Santa will get it for Christmas

One Question... Does This mean The Incredibles is the next Pixar Movie to make the re-release jump to Blu ray.. Like Cars was when Ratatouille was released for Home Viewing?? Anyone Know?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Captain Pan"One Question... Does This mean The Incredibles is the next Pixar Movie to make the re-release jump to Blu ray.. Like Cars was when Ratatouille was released for Home Viewing?? Anyone Know?

I'm not sure, but I did see the end of The Incredibles on Sky Movies HD the other week, and it does look impressive :)

Willow

I loved Cars in Blu-ray, the landscapes looked stunning and I really liked all the Stadium bits with the lights reflecting off the Cars.
My TV is only 720p so I would love to see it in Full HD.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Thats great Butlin...
For those without Blu Ray thus Disney Moives available in already in HD, here's a little 'review' of what you have to look forward too... and I would like to think those with Blu Ray would tend to agree...

Ratatouille: Simply Stunning, the water of the french Sewers is fantastic and the Fur of the Rats Spectacular... Simply Mouthwatering

Sleeping Beauty: Not Only Have the restoration team done a splendid job, but they've woken her up and the colours All Sparkle off the screen, I am one to agree with Lasseter's comments on the movie... The background in HD nearly stole the show from the Characters... But the Faires and Prince Phillip keep the battle against Maleificent in focus!

I'm yet to get Tinkerbell... But Hopefully I've been good enough to and Santa will get it for Christmas

One Question... Does This mean The Incredibles is the next Pixar Movie to make the re-release jump to Blu ray.. Like Cars was when Ratatouille was released for Home Viewing?? Anyone Know?

I only have Ratatouille but I completely agree - it is completely amazing and next to the other animation film I have got on Blu-Ray(Surf's Up) Ratatouille is waaaay better looking :mrgreen:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Well it's been operational for a few days now (I don't know what day it started tbh) and I must say I'm very impressed :) I managed to catch Ratatouille today, so I was very happy. Finally, a channel showing pure Disney HD films, fantastic :mrgreen:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Willow"I loved Cars in Blu-ray, the landscapes looked stunning and I really liked all the Stadium bits with the lights reflecting off the Cars.
My TV is only 720p so I would love to see it in Full HD.

That if you've watched Cine-Explore Willow was the Problem Animators had for the Movie... Chrome... And Its been done well!