BBC Radio 2 celebrates the music of Disney...

Started by Snow_White_Girl, November 13, 2008, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Yeah, thanks for sharing those Anthony, interesting.. :wink:  :D

Anthony

It's on iPlayer! http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 6_12_2008/

I'm going to try and record it tomorrow, if I can find some software...

It was just as brilliant to hear it all back. "Part of your World" was again the most spectacular part of the entire show, though I also loved Heather Hedley's "When She Loved Me", "Out There" and... ooh, well, all of it! Except HSM. :wink:

Captain Pan

So far I have one decision...

Bring The Little Mermaid to the West End!

It is spectacular!!! And Touching!

But then I've only made it to Little Mermaid's entrance, and the loving mention and reception by the audience of the name Alan Menken! I didn't know he did Little Shop of Horrors though!

The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Great
The Tarzan Tracks: AWESOME...
The Lion King Numbers: Smooth
The Toy Story Performance of 'When She Loved Me' was spectacular...
(Can Someone Find Me a Thesaurus I'm running out of words)

A Male Singing Gabriella's Solo from HSM... Not Good... But Not Awful!

The Golden Age Medley... Practically Perfect in Every way!
I'm glad I didn't turn it off after Lady & The Tramp and Home On The Range

Beauty & The Beast: I have Goosebumps, my one of my favourite Disney Movies, with the most special score, so what if the Waltz is the exact copy step for step as Aurora & Philip's!

An Aida Track! Now there are Rumours attached to this one... mainly of a new Movie... but then thats for Cinemagique not for here! And it was Great

The Mary Poppins Medley to close... Wouldn't have been my choice...

WAIT: The Complete When You Wish... Score... Josh Groban... The Perfect Way to Close the Show! His Voice would be perfect in a Disney Animation.

What I liked about this entire show was how Josh Groban gave us history on both the movies much of which is forgotten, and the songs on making their ways to the screen... and more importantly the History of Walt too

They Need to bring these performances on Disc... It was simply Stunning! Hey maybe it can be a special on the Pinocchio Blu Ray/DVD... as I doubt europe will get the Digital Copy!

Ant thanks for the iplayer link I nearly kicked myself after forgetting about this last night! And throughout the entire play I felt like Time had Stopped

Anthony

Quote from: "Captain Pan"The Mary Poppins Medley to close... Wouldn't have been my choice...
I wasn't keen on that either. The comedy accent the guy singing for Bert did was funny though. :)

Rumours of AIDA film?! I don't actually know anything about the musical or its story, but if those two were to star I'd be first in line. When they came on stage to sing that it was just magical.

And yes - LITTLE MERMAID MUST COME TO THE UK!!! It has an absolutely HUGE fanbase here for some reason, everyone loves it. Get Kerry Butler playing Ariel and I'd be in heaven. I just couldn't believe those vocals coming from her, she looked so tiny on stage!

By the way, there is a way to download the iPlayer version as an mp3. Download this programme http://po-ru.com/files/ipdl.exe (scroll down to the .exe file) and then when you've installed the little program enter the programme code: b00g42mq. Et voila, a nice fresh mp3 of the entire thing downloads from the BBC site! I payed to be at the concert, we've paid our licence fee and there's no news of a CD release, so I'd hate to never hear it again. Conscience be gone!

Thanks to Adam for the link.

Javey74

I enjoyed it, I've recorded it onto DVD through sky.. :wink:  :D  Yip-ee.. :D/  :D/

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Rumours of AIDA film?! I don't actually know anything about the musical or its story, but if those two were to star I'd be first in line. When they came on stage to sing that it was just magical.

And yes - LITTLE MERMAID MUST COME TO THE UK!!! It has an absolutely HUGE fanbase here for some reason, everyone loves it. Get Kerry Butler playing Ariel and I'd be in heaven. I just couldn't believe those vocals coming from her, she looked so tiny on stage!

Aida film, rumoured to be comeing from WDS sometime in the next 2 years (blame my brother for this intel... not me) with rumoured leads of Beyonce Knowles and Christina Aqulera as leading and supporting ladies!

Will have to give that programme a go Ant... Thanks for the knowlegde... Expect a PM if I can't get it sorted by Friday January 2nd When iPlayer boots it to touch!

Elwell2009

Hi has anyone got a copy of this as its now long gone off the iplayer and i missed it  :(

hope someone can help

matt

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Is there a link to this broadcast? BBC has deleted the programm