My Perfect Disney Sequel

Started by Masamune, April 12, 2009, 11:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:o I wasn't sure which sub-forum to put this in, so if someone wants to move it feel free.

The idea for this thread came about last night. To fall asleep I'll watch films in my head, and play out certain scenes, etc. For some reason last night, I was thinking about Beauty and the Beast. I thought about Gaston's fate, but then I thought...what if he didn't die? :lol: And so I lay there and plotted out a full sequel to Beauty and the Beast. I'd probably call it something obvious like "Gaston's Revenge".

Anyways, here's my idea. Basically, Gaston does NOT die when he falls off that cliff. He lands in a river and is swept far far away. When he wakes up, he's lost his memory, and he has no idea where he is. So poor Gaston has to wander alone in search of civilisation, as well as his memories.

Meanwhile, back at the Castle, things are going great. The Prince and Belle are very much in love, and all the staff couldn't be happier. Maurice has moved in, and his inventions are coming on a treat. In the Village, the people have put the past behind them, and embraced the Prince as one of their own. In the local tavern, they've even gone so far as to take down all of Gaston's trophies and pictures. Everyone is happy. That is, everyone except for Gaston.

Gaston is having a hard time in the wilderness. He has to keep fighting off wild animals ( :lol: I wonder if he could beat a bear with his bare hands ), and hunting small game to survive. If he didn't find someone soon, he would go mad. Luckily for him, after days of wandering, in the distance he spotted a tower of smoke. Where there was smoke, surely there would be people. Excited, Gaston ran in the direction of the smoke.

Again, back at the Castle, there is excitement in the air. The Prince is going to propose to Belle, and the staff couldn't be happier. Lumiere suggests that The Prince place the ring in a fairy tail book, one with a happy ending. :P Comedy ensues ( XD make up your own comedy ) when the book with the ring folded into one of the pages is lost. It's eventually found, and the Prince proposes to Belle. Of course, she says yes.

We return to Gaston just as he reaches a clearing, over-looking a small village. Yay for Gaston! Exhausted, he collapses as he reaches the village. The people living there take care of him, and soon he's back on his feet. Since Gaston had forgotten all about his self-centred ways, he proved to be a massive help to the community. ;) No one helps a community like Gaston. Time passes, and it seems like everyone's on track to get their happy ending... :twisted: but not for long.

One day, a villager returns from a long journey, riding some sort of crazy ploughing contraption. He says he bought it from an old man in a village a good few miles away. Gaston pays it no mind, as he's much better at ploughing than any machine could ever be. The villager had something else with him though, something that would light a fire under Gaston and threaten to ruin his new life.

"Look everyone! A Royal wedding!" The villager is actually a messenger, who goes between all the villages in the Kingdom. He had returned from Belle's village with a large poster, proclaiming that all were invited to celebrate the wedding of the Prince and Belle. As Gaston looked over the two faces shown on the poster, a strange feeling washed over him. Did he...know these people? No, he couldn't possibly know them, as one was a Prince. He continued to stare at the picture as other villagers gathered round ( :P get ready for the penny to drop folks ).

"Ooooh, what a Beauty! I've never seen a girl so fair!" "And look at that Prince! He's so handsome, not like my Beast of a husband!" ( :lol: Do you see what I did there? ) As soon as those words were spoken, everything came rushing back to Gaston. How he had once been the pride of an entire village, but for very different reasons than he was now, and how he had sought to win the heart of Belle. And finally, how he had tried to defeat the Beast.

Gaston was furious! How dare that Beast chuck him off a cliff and cause him to forget his whole life! Gaston didn't like to lose at the best of times, but to lose everything in one fell swoop, it was almost too much to bare. As quickly as he had forgotten everything in the fall, he forgot about how the people of this village had taken him in, and how he had helped them. All that mattered was making the Prince and Belle pay for what they had done.

Now, Gaston wasn't stupid ( ;) you heard me ). He knew that he couldn't just barge into the Castle and kill the Prince in cold blood, as he would surely be hanged for such a crime. No, what he needed to do was become the very beast that he had sought to destroy.

The villagers had told Gaston of a legend, that a beautiful Enchantress lived in the woods. She would punish those she deemed selfish or corrupt, and reward those who showed the ability to change. The fact that the Beast was now human again caused Gaston to believe that the Enchantress from the legend was the same Enchantress that had cursed the Prince and his Castle. If he was the slay the Prince, who he still saw as a Beast...he would have to become a Beast himself.

Despite the protests of those that had come to know Gaston as a friend, Gaston left the village, knife, bow and quiver full of arrows in hand. He would find this Enchantress, and somehow make her give him the power to destroy all those that stood in his way.

Back at the Castle ( XD; I totally forgot that the film would have to keep going back there ), preparations for the wedding are in full swing. Cogsworth is getting super stressed out at everyone, as he tries to get everything running like clockwork ( :lol: pun, lolz ). The Villagers are also preparing for the big day. The baker is baking the wedding cake, the candle maker is making candles for the tables, etc, etc. Everything is going great...for now.

As Gaston cuts and chops his way through the woods, he keeps replaying events in his head over and over. He conveniantly blanked the part where the Beast showed him mercy, and could only picture the part where he was threw off the Beast's back. His anger drove him deep into the woods, and eventually, he came across a small cabin. He burst into the cabin, only to find a withered old woman.

"You, hag! Tell me, do you know of an Enchantress?" The old woman looked less than impressed by Gaston's choice of words. Unknown to him, the old woman WAS the Enchantress. She could sense that Gaston was dark to the very core. She knew that there was a powerful beast already raging inside him. What would happen if she allowed it to take form?

"If I were to unleash the beast that is inside you, it will surely destroy you." Rather than saying that as a warning so that Gaston would reconsider, she said it as a prophecy. With that, the Enchantress transformed into her true form...and then transformed Gaston into his.

( XD Check out my mad Paint skillz )

Now a Beast himself, Gaston roared triumphantly. O.o At this point, I think he should have an epic musical number, not unlike Be Prepared, Poor Unfortunate Souls or Hellfire. It would play as he's ripping through the forest, heading straight for the Prince's Castle. At the Castle, the day has finally arrived. Belle and her Prince are ready to get married. In the Chapel are Maurice, and all the Castle staff. In the Village, the Villagers are preparing for the celebration that is being held there after the ceremony. They have no idea what's about to come bursting into their midsts.

When Gaston reaches the Village, he comes to a halt. He stalks the streets, which are completely deserted for some reason. He hears laughter coming from the Tavern. Snarling, he peers through a window. All the Villagers are there, toasting the happy couple. Gaston looks horrifed as he sees that the portrait of himself has been replaced by a portrait of the Prince. That was surely the last straw.

Gaston burst into the Tavern and starts destroying everything inside. The Villagers try to run and hide, but Gaston is swatting them like flies. For a Disney film, this scene could be a tad distressing. Once he's done there, he breaks through a window and carries on towards the Castle.

At the Castle, they're at the point where the Preist says "If anyone has any lawful reason why these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your piece" ( Cliche I know ). As he says those words, a chilling roar is heard coming from outside.

"I'VE COME TO KILL THE BEAST!"

Everyone runs to the windows to see what's going on. They're all horrified when they see that there's a gigantic Beast banging on the doors. Belle immediatly recognises that it is Gaston, and she's terrified. How are they possibly going to defeat Gaston in this form? They would have to think fast, as he was tearing the door to shreds.

It's the Prince who comes up with a plan. He had changed to such a point where he actually felt guilty for what had happened to Gaston, and so the last thing he wanted to do was kill him. Instead, they would somehow try and trap him. Just as a plan was decided upon, Gaston barged into the Castle. He immediatly bounded up the stairs, eager to find the Prince as soon as possible. Everyone had made their way to the main hall, where Maurice had started working on a way to use the giant chandelier as a make-shift trap.

"WHERE ARE YOU?! ARE YOU SCARED?!"

Gaston's laugh echoed through the whole Castle. It wouldn't be long before he found the main hall, so Maurice and the staff had to work together. Once the trap was done, the Prince and Belle decided to use themselves as bait to draw Gaston in, whilst the rest of them hid on the balcony outside. The trap would be triggered by Belle once the Prince had drawn Gaston into the right spot. It was a dangerous plan, but it was their only option at this point.

Sure enough, Gaston made his way to the main hall. He could smell the two that he sought through the door, causing him to smile widely. He smashed open the doors with all his might and stormed in, only to find the Prince stood right in the centre of the room, exactly where he wanted him.

Filled with rage, Gaston could only see the Prince and nothing else. It never even occured to him that it may be a trap. After the two exchanged words, Gaston pounced in the Prince, who quickly dodged and then called for Belle to release the trap. Gaston's eyes widen as he looks up to see the chandelier falling towards him, but it's too late. The chandelier lands right on top of him, knocking him unconcious, but not killing him.

:P Now we're up to the conclusion. Gaston is caged and out on display outside the castle. Ironically, Gaston once loved showing himself off and being on display, but now hated to be seen. Belle and the Prince get married, and they live happily ever after.

The End!

@____@ Woooo, that took forever. It seemed a lot faster watching it in my head last night. :lol: If anyone actually reads through the whole thing, feel free to comment.

Captain Pan

Masamune: perfect... I've been reading some fan fiction based on Pixar... and this one was one of the best I've read...

Unique... and separate from those of others...

Reviving a character who clearly deceased (There were flashing skulls in his eyes as he dropped in the 1992 original!) Reverting the role of Gaston... If only Lasseter hadn't closed the Direct to DVD branch of Disney... this could easily come out of the studios with some excellence in reviews.

I would buy it!

Masamune

:oops: Aww, thanks so much Pan. Creative Writing was my best subject way back in Primary School, so I'm glad to hear that I've apparently still got it. :D

The Butlin Boy

Masamune, that is absolutely brilliant, and it would have worked so well as one of the direct to DVD films that Disney were making (not that I agree with them, but I can make an exception for this). Very well done of this creative masterpiece, and thanks for taking the time to share it with all of us too =D>  =D>  =D>

Masamune

:oops: Thanks so much Butlin! :D I'm so chuffed that you and Pan even took the time to read it. The great comments are just the icing on the cake!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Masamune" :oops: Thanks so much Butlin! :D I'm so chuffed that you and Pan even took the time to read it. The great comments are just the icing on the cake!

I would be stupid not to read it, I genuinely thought it was brilliant =D>

Captain Pan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Masamune" :oops: Thanks so much Butlin! :D I'm so chuffed that you and Pan even took the time to read it. The great comments are just the icing on the cake!

I would be stupid not to read it, I genuinely thought it was brilliant =D>

Could I agree with you anymore... I've read some pathetic Fan Fictions this week and yours as a concept provides better entertainment than a fan fic which has tried to place every character created by pixar into a movie!

Masamune

:) I'm so flattered guys, seriously. Makes it's so worth while to have typed this out rather than just forgetting about it or keeping it to myself. :P If I win the lottery, I'll see if I can [strike:1ys1fdoc]bribe[/strike:1ys1fdoc] convince Disney to make it into a proper film!