Closures — attraction refurbishment schedules

Started by Kristof, February 07, 2006, 08:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchBrit

Quote from: C0ndense14 on October 23, 2016, 11:04:05 PM
I'm sure it's just me but I don't understand what seems to be conflicting closure dates for Pitates of the Caribean in early 2017. One says closed from 9th January until 31st January and the other information suggest close from early January until the summer.

Any ideas

I don't see this is a conflict. Jan 9th IS "early January" . The detailed plan for January says to the 31st, then the rest of the closure time will be covered in the entries for February and so on, which are not confirmed yet.

Given the changes to be done, you can work out that once shut, it's going to be shut for months rather than weeks.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hi all!

Hope you are all doing well.

I am planning to visit DLP for the 25th anniversary from the 24th of April until the 30th of April, though my only issue that im not understanding is that its saying Hyper Space mountain and studio tram tour are marked under rehab until april 2017. Does this mean that they won t be open even until the end of april? The thing is I wanna experience the 25th anniversary including these major new updates of the rides. Its very strange if they are n t open until then as it would have been already 1 month since the 25th anniversary launch.

Would be really grateful if someone could advise more about this.

NCC1701Q

You are correct, these attractions are not re-opened yet at the beginning of the 25th celebrations. Also, Pirates of the Caribbean is still closed when you are planning your visit.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: NCC1701Q on October 31, 2016, 04:21:57 PM
You are correct, these attractions are not re-opened yet at the beginning of the 25th celebrations. Also, Pirates of the Caribbean is still closed when you are planning your visit.

Thanks for your reply  8)

I just called in DLP and they informed me that is the current plan, but since I will be booking during the last week of april, there is a high chance that both hyper space mountain and tram tour will be open by then according to them.  :D (POTC is not such an issue tbh as I know it will be closed until september.) its more those 2 rides which im more conscious about...so i'm gonna take the risk and hope i get lucky! As I wish to experience the updated rides so badly  :o

claire2281

Quote from: Donald-Duck-Malta on October 31, 2016, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: NCC1701Q on October 31, 2016, 04:21:57 PM

Thanks for your reply  8)

I just called in DLP and they informed me that is the current plan, but since I will be booking during the last week of april, there is a high chance that both hyper space mountain and tram tour will be open by then according to them.  :D (POTC is not such an issue tbh as I know it will be closed until september.) its more those 2 rides which im more conscious about...so i'm gonna take the risk and hope i get lucky! As I wish to experience the updated rides so badly  :o

Surely PotC isn't closed UNTIL September. It's in the list of April-Sept closures but it says 'until summer', I thought it reopened in July. Hopefully at the start because I was looking to go during the second week!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Leosawesomedad

Hi

I'm new to the forum and was looking for information about Pirates of the Caribbean as I have just booked my first trip for myself and my son 31st July - 4th August and I was told pirates will be closed during that week.

I saw somewhere that it would be closed 'until summer' and somewhere else that it would be closed 'until July' so I was hoping for news that it would be open by the first week of August but if people are being told September then I guess we wont be getting to experience it after all.

Hotel Cheyenne - First ever trip - August 2017
TBC - August 2018

Gr33no

Hi all.

So I think I understand that POTC is closed for the majority of the year. I'm looking at coming 16th of April for a week.

Will the Tram ride be open? Is it too early for definitive information regarding this? Is it a case of "should be, but we don't promise - just in case"?

BTM will also be closed, I understand that.

My kids love small world, I'm hoping Utopia is open - but again, I'm not sure and I've read conflicting things.

Any clarification would be much appreciated oh wise ones.

Gurmit

We booked yesterday to visit in October 2017 & whilst we was booking we was advised that Pirates is closed during our visit  :'(

Hopefully it's because we took advantage of the Summer booking offer of 2 days & 2 nights free & that's part of the standard script because of the offer as we've also seen on numerous websites that it only states closed until Summer 2017

Sequoia Lodge - September 03 <> Cheyenne - March 05
Sequioa Lodge - March 06 <> Hotel New York - July 07
Santa Fe - March 10 <> Cheyenne - June 12
Santa Fe - March 13 <> Cheyenne - December 14
Santa Fe - October 17 <> ????

Leosawesomedad

Wow I'm pretty sure it won't still be closed in October. I may not have been to DLP yet but it's only modifications they're doing so I can't believe it will take that long, not unless they were making substantial changes to the ride layout.

I'm guessing they just don't have a firm end date to the works they are doing.

Hotel Cheyenne - First ever trip - August 2017
TBC - August 2018

Tadpole

I notice that DLP guide says that IASW is closed from 6th - 17th March (we go 13th-17th), however there is no mention of this on the official DLP site.  Does anyone know which is likely to be right?  I'm hoping it's open, as it's one of the kids favourites!

tubbsy

Spoke to a CM last week when we booked
She mentioned POTC is due to be down pretty much the whole year! Hope she was wrong  :(

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Benjsh85

I have booked for the last week in April. We knew that Pirates was going to be closed but it now seems Space Mountain (or Hyperspace Mountain as it's going to be known for a bit) will be closed until the week after we leave.

Any chance there will be some soft openings the week before? I'll be gutted if we miss Pirates & Space Mountain on the same trip. I don't think having two attractions like those two, with such high throughputs, closed is going to do a lot for queue times either.

Or is the idea of a soft opening on a ride that is just getting a new overlay a bit of wishful thinking on my part?

hollyx

Quote from: Tadpole on February 02, 2017, 02:56:14 PM
I notice that DLP guide says that IASW is closed from 6th - 17th March (we go 13th-17th), however there is no mention of this on the official DLP site.  Does anyone know which is likely to be right?  I'm hoping it's open, as it's one of the kids favourites!

I'm currently here and it's open 😄

claire2281

The latest in Twitter from the normally reliable ED92 is that Pirates is due to reopen on July 14th.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Thaliel

Any confirmation about this rumor I heard:
BTM is set to close again for sveral months after the anniversary year in order o fix the many breakdowns and nonfunctional effects
<-Plz click