Celebration - Disney Town

Started by burntsienna, November 07, 2008, 11:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntsienna

I wasn't quite sure where to put this post...

In my Historical and Contextual Studies lesson on Monday we found out about a Town that Disney built in Florida (I think) called Celebration.
My tutor has actually been there! and has said that he's going to bring his photographs in!
 :mrgreen:

I was wondering if anyone here had visited this place?

I've seen photographs and it looks like a pretty cool place to visit! I'd love to go  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

TowMater

I believe it is somewhere in WDW possibly in the Downtown Disney resort.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

burntsienna

Cool!
I really wonder what it would be like to live there  :o  :D

Remco K.

It's close to Downtown Disney and seems to be like the Val d'Europe district near DLRP.

Although the idea to live there sounds very cool to me, I think it would become boring someday.

Here's some information about Celebration: //http://www.slate.com/id/2113107/slideshow/2113258/fs/0//entry/2113259/

loulou

http://www.celebrationhouses.com/

all your info is there

:mickey2:
When you wish upon a star

disney-dan

Ive been there loads of times, its on highway 192 about 5 mins from Downtown Disney.

TBH, the place is weird. They have their own schools, hospital, fire and police service. Even their own Uni. Theyre trying to create the American dream, everyone has a curfue and your house and gardens have to be just so.

We always say it reminds us of the movie Cocoon. Like once youre in you can never leave. The houses are beautiful though.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

burntsienna

Quote from: "disney-dan"Ive been there loads of times, its on highway 192 about 5 mins from Downtown Disney.

TBH, the place is weird. They have their own schools, hospital, fire and police service. Even their own Uni. Theyre trying to create the American dream, everyone has a curfue and your house and gardens have to be just so.

We always say it reminds us of the movie Cocoon. Like once youre in you can never leave. The houses are beautiful though.

Yeah thats what my Tutor said about everything has to be a certain way.
It would be pretty cool to visit but I don't think I could live there...don't think they'd want me anyways lol!
I'm not exactly a nice slice of American Apple Pie...I'm English and love my heavy metal faaarrr too much and just dont dress the way I'd probably have to if I lived there.
It makes me think of stuff like the Stepford Wives etc and that just freaks me out.

Snow_White_Girl

Oh I've been there - I went 3 years ago when I went to Florida with my boyfriend and his family. The houses were lovely although it is very "living-in-a-bubble" and a bit like something out of the Stepford Wives lol!

\":lamp:\"

Kristof

Moved to World of Disney. :)

burntsienna

Quote from: "Kristof"Moved to World of Disney. :)
Thank you Kristof :D
Sorry for the missplacing :)

N-Igmagineer_88

Well,although I'm sure it would be a magical place to live and despite the fact that I love those traditional American picket-fence houses :) ,I don't think I would like to live there.

It seems to me that living too close to WDW (just a few minutes drive actually) would ruin the illusion of the distant magic kingdom...I mean,those living there must go like :''Where do we go for a walk this evening?Disneyland maybe?-Ah,not again!!!'' :D
\'\'I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse\'\'-Walt Disney