Pin trading

Started by Bellefan, September 29, 2008, 01:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellefan

I'm new to all this, so sorry if this has been asked a million times already...but...is there anywhere reliable to but Disney pins on line? I've found an American site, but the shipping is as expensive as the pins!!! And I've has a few fakes via ebay! Pinpics is a good reference site.
May 1995 Santa Fe & Davy Crockett Ranch
May 1997 Santa Fe
Sept 1998 Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2005 Santa Fe
Sept 2007 Santa Fe
Sept 2008 Newport Bay Club
Mar 2013 Cheyenne

Barnsey313

Not really, your only real choice is eBay, unless you want to pay $35 shipping from disney shopping... (Ridiculous I know). If you have had a bad experience ensure you first check the feedback of the seller to see if any one else has had a bad experience, Personally I never have had after 12 purchases.

If you do think you have some fakes what do you think is wrong with them? There actually extremely few fakes, however there are some common pin manufacturing problems in some pins of the same design such as false colours in areas. I have a chip and dale pin where dale has a blue nose but it's ligitimate - I Baught it at DLRP (I was unaware at the time).

Hope I Helped. James. :donald: and happy trading!  :D

Bellefan

Thanks for the advice! I looked all my pins up on Pinpics and I think I've bought a couple of "Scrappers" from ebay. But as they say on their "beware the fakes" page, unless you buy them inside a Disney park, you have no way of telling. And really, it's all a bit of fun anyway, I choose the pins I like from ebay, they're not investment items!!!
Your collection is really good!! It's a shame the UK Disneystore online doesn't sell them. I think they're missing a trick there!!
May 1995 Santa Fe & Davy Crockett Ranch
May 1997 Santa Fe
Sept 1998 Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2005 Santa Fe
Sept 2007 Santa Fe
Sept 2008 Newport Bay Club
Mar 2013 Cheyenne

chilly1978

does anyone have a "spare" Ursula Wanted Pin?

I am after this one to complete the set, I am going to give my wife a pin for everything that she does that is brave on her surprise trip at the end of October, she hates scary rides and this is the only way I will get her on them!  :D/

chilly1978

bump, can anyone help please?

ford prefect

Sorry, I can't help.  Try pinpics?
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

toonarmylass

i've bought quite a few maybe 25 - 30 pins from ebay and never had a problem