Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wishuponastar

I agree, it is very good! So much better than if they'd just had it as a parade :D

Is it just me, or is some of the music used during the show part from OUADP? The 'poor unfortunate souls' part especially?

Poppy The Monkey

Yes music for the show is taken from the DOUD (ouadp). Poor Unfortunate Souls, Mary Poppins and Ariels solo.

Timbo

Well I'll be the first to say it ,but I am quite underwhelmed by what I have seen on the videos !! The cars do look great ,but just another Disney dance and mime show in the middle.I think it would have been better if they could have changed the backdrop on the stage with each routine,a huge lcd screen would have been brilliant,and taken it to the next level !!
How many people can see this show as opposed to the traditional parade route ,I know they wanted to do something extra as the cars aren't easily visible,but I still prefer a proper parade with spectacular floats towering over you ;and everyone gets the same experience wherever you are along the route !!
Will have to see it in person of course,might change my mind then !!!!

15MagicalYears

Thats funny of you to say that, I sat in Chemistry rewriting Stars and Cars. It's in the back of my Jotter but the outline was that the backdrops changed and a "You've got a friend in me" scene.  :)

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Thats funny of you to say that, I sat in Chemistry rewriting Stars and Cars. It's in the back of my Jotter but the outline was that the backdrops changed and a "You've got a friend in me" scene.  :)

Ha i've sat in some of my lessons just writing or re-writing disney shows and parades!

(Don't tell my teachers  :lol: )
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Elaine

I love the preview videos we've seen from this.
I understood that the early idea was that this would "parade" several times a day, and be a meet n greet as well. Is this no longer going to happen, now there is a show at the end of the Studios day?

Anthony

As I understand it, it'll be this half-hour entry cavalcade --> show --> meet 'n' greet --> exit cavalcade at the end of each day, with no other appearance during the day (HSM: The Party will fill that spot I guess).

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Anthony"As I understand it, it'll be this half-hour entry cavalcade --> show --> meet 'n' greet --> exit cavalcade at the end of each day, with no other appearance during the day (HSM: The Party will fill that spot I guess).

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

It will be a very short meet and greet with so many characters and probably many crowds being drawn to the show and only 30 minutes to arrange everything! I have to say I think I was happier with thinking it would happen duringthe day at different times etc. it does look great though but being a huge meet and greet addict I can see the character scrumb being really awful!
Luv Aveen xoxo

15MagicalYears

I don't think it's a proper, stand in line, get a photo, sign book, meet and greet. I think the characters (stars) walk around the corded off areas and meet their fans briefly for 10 minutes.

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I don't think it's a proper, stand in line, get a photo, sign book, meet and greet. I think the characters (stars) walk around the corded off areas and meet their fans briefly for 10 minutes.

More like 3 minutes, the "meet and greet" is nothing to get excited about.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"
Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I don't think it's a proper, stand in line, get a photo, sign book, meet and greet. I think the characters (stars) walk around the corded off areas and meet their fans briefly for 10 minutes.

More like 3 minutes, the "meet and greet" is nothing to get excited about.

:(  it will be pretty disappointing that way I think...well for me anyway
Luv Aveen xoxo

Magicalmouse125

I think that every meet n greet i've ever been to at Dlrp is insane.

Theres just a mad scramble to get to them. So the character must be petrified.

And i wish they'd left more time at the end of Stars 'n' cars for the characters to spend time with guests
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"I think that every meet n greet i've ever been to at Dlrp is insane.

Theres just a mad scramble to get to them. So the character must be petrified.

And i wish they'd left more time at the end of Stars 'n' cars for the characters to spend time with guests

I agree!
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

I wish it were a parade during the daytime. Seems like this was a real waste of money bringing these cars over for this.
since 2001 (many before that)

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"And i wish they'd left more time at the end of Stars 'n' cars for the characters to spend time with guests

To be honest, after a 20 minute show + parade the last thing the characters want to do is wait around signing autographs and posing for photos. There are plenty of "meet and greet" opportunities for this in the park during the day.  The meet and greet aspect should never of been advertised in my opinion - just seeing the characters is enough.

And this show is held at the perfect time of day!! The atmosphere is great, and it keeps guests in the park until the end (the main goal!!!).