Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  I'm still buzzing after the premiere today! But here are some more videos ....

The Arrival... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uwFJK3E ... annel_page

The Show....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6bae8Wi ... re=channel

Elwell2009

omg this is going to be the best part of mickeys magical party and it aint even being advertised on the promo.

I really like it alot :D

Riebi

From the first pics and videos I´m impressed  :D  Will watch Poppys videos this evening to have something nice before sleeping  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Captain Pan

Those VTs Are Great Poppy... Although I just noticed something

Unless my eyesight is failing me...

Everyone gets stage time infront of the audience during the show even if it is very brief with the exception of Woody and Jessie. I couldn't find them in the show

Never the less... That was great... and enjoyable!

Masamune

:o Sulley wasn't in the show either. :lol: Although you can see Gaston harassing him in the background on the left at some point. :D What a fantastic show! :P I loved the Pretty Woman bit, and of course the Villains bit. Villains make for great dancers!

:( I just wish more of the show was in English.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Masamune" :o Sulley wasn't in the show either. :lol: Although you can see Gaston harassing him in the background on the left at some point. :D What a fantastic show! :P I loved the Pretty Woman bit, and of course the Villains bit. Villains make for great dancers!

:( I just wish more of the show was in English.

Should have noticed that really... How could I have missed the lack of a big blue polar bear?

Villians were great... But Gaston was fantastic, the characterization was spot on to that from both the movies and the musicals!

The Mulan segment was great... and pretty woman was good too

The fact the fast majority was in french didn't bother me as much as I normally fear it would... Although that could be due to picking up the exact point within the songs they were picking up in the medley...

15MagicalYears

This rocks!
Reminds me of Meet and Smile from Tokyo :lol:
I would love to see this  =D>

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Unless my eyesight is failing me...

Everyone gets stage time infront of the audience during the show even if it is very brief with the exception of Woody and Jessie. I couldn't find them in the show

Indeed Woody and Jessie don't do much in the show, however the video missed their main part, during the mary poppins part they arrive on the bottom of the stage for a short dance. They also appear at the finale!

Masamune

:P I really want to know what Gaston was saying. And yes, I can't believe how amazing Gaston was either! :D Gaston is my 3rd fave Disney character, so I can't wait to see this show in person!

RnRCj

I love it - I really do! :D

I'm so pleased they turned it into an event now. If this was the official parade I would have been a little disappointed.

Kris

Oh I love it. And they still choose to promote It's Party Time and Stitch more than this event... stupid.

Was really curious how the mix they used for the show mode would work out. It's fine actually and so's the edited parade-in. Personally I'd have prefered something of Toy Story, Lilo and Stitch or even Monsters Inc in there to make this show slightly different to music we've already heard... but you can find those guys elesewhere.

Really really impressed.

The parade-out however is my favourite. That's the parade substitute and the music is totally beautiful. Really atmospheric, showy and DISNEY. This is what DLRP is all about. I have a feeling I'm going to love this more than It's Party Time, Dance Time and the Party Train rolled into one :P
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for those links Poppy. I have now come to my final conclusion:

Disney's Stars and Cars..... Is Brilliant :mrgreen: I absolutely love it, and it would have been no where near as good if it was just a parade. It's got to be the best part of MMP surely.

Is Ariels part from the Once Upon a Dream Parade, it certainly sounds like it :wink:

One thing that does stand out, which isn't really to do with the show, is the screen in the background on the Disney Channel building; it's a but distracting don't you think. How about putting a SnC logo on there during the show, or even better stick some cameras to the lighting post around the area and play some live clips on the screen (like they do in Videopolis) :)

15MagicalYears

I agree the large screens got rather annoying during the performance  :|
Some live shots would be simply amazing  :)

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"It's got to be the best part of MMP surely.

Perhaps the only good part of MMP! :lol: It is shocking they didn't include it in the adverts.

DLP-Photos.com

I must say this looks really good. I agree with you that it seems to be the best entertainment by far in front of Party Time! and Dance Time! This is really something that I would love to see.

However I feel a bit sorry for Sully and Ariel who were all alone. Ariel could be accompanied by Sebastian for instance just like Mulan and Snowwhite who has Mushu and Dopey. It could be fun to see Abu replacing Aladdin then  :mrgreen:

But great show - I am sure that this will be a huge succes. It has many characters for one show and some movie references and jokes for the impatient parents :lol:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]