Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

The name is horrible. I was hoping it would have been changed again by now.

It's very hard to say without the "Motor" in there, there's too much "sss". Makes me feel like I've got a lisp.

I'm going to suggest Disney Stars & Motor Cars Moments to all the entertainment directors who almost certainly don't read this forum. Event sounds like a one-off thing, just a single event, whereas it seems like they want to run this parade like how they run the Toon Train trailer in Front Lot at the moment and with several "moments" happening in each studio lot.

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"The name is horrible. I was hoping it would have been changed again by now.

It's very hard to say without the "Motor" in there, there's too much "sss". Makes me feel like I've got a lisp.

Really? I always thought that "Stars and Motorcars" was a horrible mouthful. "Stars'n'Cars" sounds a lot easier to say to me - and I would suppose that most guests would leave out the "Motor" anyway... but then again, this might be different for native English speakers. Don't know. But "Stars 'n' Cars" seems to be the better name... at least for me.

pussinboots

"Disney Stars and Motor Cars" flows, it's rhythmic.

"Stars 'n' Cars" is just dumb, sounding a lot like one of those roadside dyslexia tributes from the 1950s: "While-U-Wait", "Seat-O-Matics", "Tastee-Freez". But I'm sure it's better suited for the pan-European palate.

Kris

I've never liked the name to be honest. Still don't understand where they are using the pixar cars, but the Muppets-to-POTC conversion has got my attention
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Nala_84

Event?! No parade? :(... And right, the word "Motor" is definately missing  :?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

MagicStar

Quote from: "Nala_84"Event?! No parade? :(... And right, the word "Motor" is definately missing  :?

I think by now, it is just the working titel. So everything ist possible to change the next month. I think, nothing to worry about yet.
I personally like the idea of the "event".
I sounds like there could be much more interactivity then it would be in a parade.
Guest can get closer to the cars, AND to the characters. And thats very important for the guests. Furthermore, the whole atmosphere could get more jolly. If you compare the fun and the streetsmosphere of High School Musical for example. People get easier in the mood to make party on the street. This could work really great with Stars n Cars, too!
And, not to forget, the money-effect. I think, a complete parade is more expensive than the "event".
So for me - a great idea, that really could work!!! :-)
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Futurecastmember

This parade has some good, and some bad sides. The good ones is that it brings back many of the forgoting characters like mulan, muppets and monsters inc in a parade. The bad is that the floats are rather boring, and small, and not quite as magical like other parades, but I really like it still, and looking foward to see it in WDS :D It was great at WDW, and I think it will be the same way here to
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As far as I can see
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As good as good can be
And I know it\'s so much better
\'Cause we dreamed it up together
Just like we dreamed it, to life! Magically...

Annual passport holder! FANTASY!

TowMater

I heard that Star Wars, Power Rangers & Grand Marsel cars didn't made it to Paris, Star Wars is unknown and Power Rangers is being used for meet 'n' greets in Orlando and Grand Marsel car is staying in the WDW storage.

I'd like to see Incredibles, Ratatouille & Robinsons in the parade and I hope Wall-E will be leading the parade taking a peak at the spectators.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Kristof

Quote from: "TowMater"I heard that Star Wars, Power Rangers & Grand Marsel cars didn't made it to Paris, Star Wars is unknown and Power Rangers is being used for meet 'n' greets in Orlando and Grand Marsel car is staying in the WDW storage.

Power Rangers and Grand Marshall were indeed not bought by Euro Disney.  Star Wars is in Paris however!  :)

QuoteThis parade has some good, and some bad sides. The good ones is that it brings back many of the forgoting characters like mulan, muppets and monsters inc in a parade. The bad is that the floats are rather boring, and small, and not quite as magical like other parades, but I really like it still, and looking foward to see it in WDS :D It was great at WDW, and I think it will be the same way here to

It won't be a real parade in Paris.  It's a large meet 'n' greet event.

15MagicalYears

Realy?
Did Star Wars make it to Paris?
This is making it more appealing  :D/

zanderstarz

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Realy?
Did Star Wars make it to Paris?
This is making it more appealing  :D/

Yeah but no R2D2 yet....Muppets is here but we are pretty sure that it is being 'transformed' into another theme, maybe Jack Sparrow?

Also the Villian car (black with flames) is being used in this years Halloween Pre-Parade.

Little note, they arnt really cars...they are infact floats made to look like cars.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Japper

Owain

Quote from: "Japper"From dlrpfans.be

Hey Japper :)
What did tho photo contain as for me its gone offline now ?

-breeno-

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Japper"From dlrpfans.be

Hey Japper :)
What did tho photo contain as for me its gone offline now ?

Yeah the image isn't working for me either  :(   :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Japper

Sorry , another try: