Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

I would do away with the satin clad dancers at the front of the parade and lead off with Chip and Dale as usual and then leave in Alice and the Mad hatter/Playing cards and the toy soldiers to make up for the loss of those floats, As usual DLRP take the easy and cheap way out and beggar the audience, after all its low season!!!

Tuvok

Just to clear some things up here:

- It's not possible for DLP to have the seperate music loops they have during the normal parade. With this short parade, there will be 5 floats at Central Plaza at the same time. If all of these floats should have their own music (and their seperate underliner loops should be broadcasted via the speakers on Central Plaza), the music would be one big mess. It's too much loops in one space. During the normal parade there are only 3 floats on Central Plaza at the same time (parade mode and showstop mode).

- During the first public performance, they used Dreams of Romance II, but found out that, on Central Plaza, everything was very cramped together. During the second performance (and so on) they've replaced Dreams of Romance II with Dreams of Romance I, which is much shorter so the parade has more room to maneuver. As a result, as you can see in the video, having the Disney Princes & Princesses in front of the float, looks way better!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Tuvok"During the first public performance, they used Dreams of Romance II, but found out that, on Central Plaza, everything was very cramped together.

I had suspected the same thing! Thanks for clearing it up Tuvok  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Tuvok"Just to clear some things up here:

- It's not possible for DLP to have the seperate music loops they have during the normal parade. With this short parade, there will be 5 floats at Central Plaza at the same time. If all of these floats should have their own music (and their seperate underliner loops should be broadcasted via the speakers on Central Plaza), the music would be one big mess. It's too much loops in one space. During the normal parade there are only 3 floats on Central Plaza at the same time (parade mode and showstop mode).

- During the first public performance, they used Dreams of Romance II, but found out that, on Central Plaza, everything was very cramped together. During the second performance (and so on) they've replaced Dreams of Romance II with Dreams of Romance I, which is much shorter so the parade has more room to maneuver. As a result, as you can see in the video, having the Disney Princes & Princesses in front of the float, looks way better!
I didn't think about that tbh, I suppose we are lucky the parade is still on and will have a fantastic trip whatever happens :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

DisneyBart

We are just back from an extra one-day trip so we could see an enjoy the shortened parade. We liked the group of dancers at the beginning of the parade. The music-loop is not boring and it's great to see all the characters do a choreography-routine on the same music. Dream of Romance I was still in the parade witch means that 5 princess-couples where dancing in front what was a amazing picture. We are looking forward to our trip in 3 weeks so we could enjoy it again :-)

Elaine

I do agree with that - Dreams of Romance II was out of commission on my October 08 trip, and every day the Princes and Princesses walked/danced the whole parade route, I thought it was fabulous and it increased the interaction from them during the parade.

Elaine

Festival Disney

This nicely presented sign stands infront of Main Street Station:

Source: Disney Gazette
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

Looks pretty good. Although saying "Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade's route is modified" is a bit iffy. Too many possessives, and it should probably be "has been" or "will be" modified. Sorry, had to say it. Do DLP really still not have a fluent English speaker around for these things?

On another note, I'm surprised it hasn't been rebranded as "Disney Once Upon a Dream Parade" yet. :mrgreen:

RiverRogue

Quote from: "Anthony"Although saying "Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade's route is modified" is a bit iffy. Too many possessives, and it should probably be "has been" or "will be" modified. Sorry, had to say it. Do DLP really still not have a fluent English speaker around for these things?

I guess it's simply a trapping of having to translate from French, possibly on a tight deadline... Happens even to native speakers when translating in a hurry, from my own experience. Of course it still boils down to a question of organization.

Poppy The Monkey

She's got the force and the power and she's back!! Maleficent returns to the parade today!!!

never2old

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"She's got the force and the power and she's back!! Maleficent returns to the parade today!!!

Excellent news!!!!  :D/  :D/

Tuvok

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"She's got the force and the power and she's back!! Maleficent returns to the parade today!!!

That's great news! Love her outfit in the parade. Hope to see pictures/videos soon of her return to the Magic Kingdom!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

kelly.dylan

Dyaln was dissappointed not to see her on the parade at christmas so will be really pleased when we go next week :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Dries

Is she still in the parade now? I cannot find any reaction, image or video of it, which supprizes me a lot.

DisneyBart

Quote from: "Dries"Is she still in the parade now? I cannot find any reaction, image or video of it, which supprizes me a lot.
Yes she is :-) just look at this video... Enjoy!!! ;-)