Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wishuponastar

Having more performers sounds great, but of course that comes at the cost with floats being cut. It's a shame to see the Alice float cut, it has some of the best music. :(

Also, why just up & down Main Street? I don't understand that change

Poppy The Monkey

There is alot LESS performers in this shortened parade!

They have cut 3 floats and about 25 performers, the only reason this is happening is because the Bella Notte part of Fantasyland will be blocked off while they fix the flooring, and the parade cannot go its usual way!!  :roll:

Festival Disney

Yeah, there seems to be somee confusion here... disneydream said that more performers will be added for the Magical Moments Festival that starts April 6th (?)
But between now and march, it will be the shortened version.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

The first video's of the "new" parade have been posted on YouTube!
Personally, I think that the announcement is a big mess (Please DLP, hire an American to do your voiceovers, not some Frenchman with a corny American accent  :P ), and I was suprised to see the individual float loops dropped for "just like we dreamed it"  :?  but I suppose it makes sense as the floats have to huddle close together on Central Plaza.
It sorta reminds me of the WWOD parade, just one song looped... I'd be going slightly mad if I were stood on Main Street, hearing it over and over  :lol: .
[youtube:2dlio1vb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zz9mmF34KA[/youtube:2dlio1vb]
[youtube:2dlio1vb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TSgCeu46Wg[/youtube:2dlio1vb]
[youtube:2dlio1vb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLNW_SIkA8g[/youtube:2dlio1vb]
[youtube:2dlio1vb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqYI_AmR938[/youtube:2dlio1vb]
[youtube:2dlio1vb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCbPPLlRRRI[/youtube:2dlio1vb]
[youtube:2dlio1vb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ANKdXTwx_8[/youtube:2dlio1vb]
[youtube:2dlio1vb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPC8c07-fw[/youtube:2dlio1vb]
[youtube:2dlio1vb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ipuIfrIxo[/youtube:2dlio1vb]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

captain rocket

It strikes me that those travelling in the next three month's, me included, will be getting a sub standard experience with the parade. I fully appreciate why the changes are being made, but why oh why just that one song over and over? It just about sums up DLRP today that everything they do seems to be a quick and cheap fix. Surely they could have given us a better musical experience and left the same number of dancers to help fill the gap caused by the missing floats. I love DLRP, but I despair over the way it is run these days!

Scissorsboi

I don't think having the same song over and over again is much of an issue, especially with the 'new' parade route only being for a short period. I'd rather have that and a shorter parade, than no parade at all while the work goes on!

Plus don't forget how long we had Dancin' A Catchy Rhythm for before OUAD! That was just the same song looped over and over and people still miss that song. To me, it looks like you're getting a shorter parade, but with more dancing/energy than the long parade had.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

dlrpkris

Actually I quite like it. I do love the original music, but I've never liked how the music overlapped from float to float. It's cool that the characters still sing along to the track like they did in the showmodes and the atmosphere of everything in Central Plaza seems great. Opening with a big cast ahead of the first float really heightens the standard in my opinion. People can't be fooled by a smaller cast. Most dancers or characters ALWAYS creates a more energetic and impressive experience.

My only regret is that they play an instrumental of the music before the parade begins. This makes the opening less spectacular in my opinion
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

captain rocket

Well, it just goes to show that we all have different opinions! This parade is likely to be with us for three months and I still feel that they could have done far more with the music than a simple loop, hell they don't even play the whole tune, no doubt that 's because the beginning is so obviously the start of the tune and it would draw attention to the lack of effort they have made. As to the extra dancers at the start of the parade, well I would have preferred to have all the usual dancers, even if they're float is missing, these guys would be in character rather than a blue and white satin outfit!
Let's hope that the improvements in the surface and the "new interactive parade" will be worth waiting for!

Discoponies

I'm taking my sister for her birthday the first week of march. I knew it was off season and some things wouldnt be the same, bt I foolishly assumed the parade would be the same. I know since they open all year round that these things will happen, but it still blows. I don't want her first DLP trip to seem like a poor version of what a Disney park is.

Festival Disney

Dreams of Romance 2 has been switched for Dreams of Romance 1 it seems  :?
Either they found Dreams of Romance 2 was too long to comfortably fit around Central Plaza or they're alternating the floats...
[youtube:19bzyfg9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydA5-NzE7e4[/youtube:19bzyfg9]
Notice they've shut off the little waterfall feature on the shell that's normally on when the floats stop for a showstop  ;)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

captain rocket

Maybe its just a rotational thing? You would think that they had tried it all out before they made the changes, but hey it is DLRP! With Dream of Romance 1 you get more prince and pricessess dancing!

Elaine

Thanks for posting the videos - its not as bad as I imagined it would be, the shortened parade. Not ideal by any means, and I'm still secretly hoping they've finished the fantasyland floor refurb before I get there in mid-march  ;) , but I can live with it. Looks like the very start/end of the route will be the quietest place to stand (no change there).

Elaine

Festival Disney

Some interesting information has come to light about the new interactive showstops for the Magical Moments festival!
QuoteThe parade will feature six new costumes for the performers and the interactive show stop will have small costumes for children, so that they can be slipped over their normal clothing to look like the performers. They will then be invited to dance along with the performers in the newly choreographed show stop. For example the Alice float will have playing cards outfits for the children, and the Toy Story float will have "stick horses" with Bullseye's head, so that kids can ride on them.

Source: Character Central
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

SophieD

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Some interesting information has come to light about the new interactive showstops for the Magical Moments festival!
QuoteThe parade will feature six new costumes for the performers and the interactive show stop will have small costumes for children, so that they can be slipped over their normal clothing to look like the performers. They will then be invited to dance along with the performers in the newly choreographed show stop. For example the Alice float will have playing cards outfits for the children, and the Toy Story float will have "stick horses" with Bullseye's head, so that kids can ride on them.

Source: Character Central

oh yes I saw this too!! On the same website they also said that the Winnie The Pooh section of the parade will be accompanied by Bee's. I presume these are dancers? Sounds pretty exciting.. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes!! I'm intregued as to whether it will have props and things like the 'Celebrate' parade in Disneyworld!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

kelly.dylan

I cant believe the music is on a loop the whole of the parade! We are going in Feb and i knew the parade was missing a few floats and that the route was shorter but why cant they adapt the music or captain rocket says had dancers to fill the gaps of the missing floats! It will be my mums first visit and although she (and probably many other people who are going for the first time) wont know any different we know what the parade should be like! :(
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad