Car Toons coming to Disney Channel!

Started by Anthony, September 29, 2008, 04:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

No, not Mickey Mouse, not Roger Rabbit... New short animated films based on Pixar's Cars!

QuoteAnimation World Network reports that Car Toons, an animated short series featuring characters from the Cars franchise, is set to air on Disney Channel starting on October 27th. The series consists of three episodes, which are all told as tall-tales by Mater the tow-truck. Premiering first will be Rescue Squad Mater on the 27th, followed by Mater The Greater on the 28th, and finishing up with El Materdor on the 29th. All three shorts will be played throughout the day on November 1st. Helming Car Toons is John Lasseter, responsible for the first film, with Victor Navone and Rob Gibbs co-directing. The producer of the project is Kori Rae.
http://www.animated-news.com/2008/car-t ... y-channel/

I've thought since the first film was released that they created the perfect world of characters to produce a proper children's TV series. It's basically the car version of Thomas the Tank Engine, with merchandising and more than enough characters to compete.

No idea of a UK or Europe date yet. Hopefully they'll be good for us older children too. :wink:

The Butlin Boy

I love the idea of this. I managed to catch one on Disney Channel the other day, and it was great. It was so like the classic Disney toon shorts that used to be made. It was a 'Mater's Tall Tales' story called 'Mater the Greater', were he makes up a story about him being a stunt driver. It was very funny, whilst remaining quite faithful to Disney's classic animated shorts. Well done Disney/Pixar =D>

Luigi

saw some of the short trailers for the cartoon. Really funny and a good idea imo, i already liked the movie a lot

Alpop

I caught one today. Although I had read about it on here I wasn't expecting it so soon. Usually when you hear about something a year later it arrives. **Side note did teh famous fives cartoons ever get done?**

I only managed to half watch it, but it looked like a stunt show story line. Looked good and I hope to catch the rest as Playhouse Disney is on all the time in this house.

Javey74

I think this would be a sure winner, especially with the popularity of Cars and all the merchandise that's already out there... :D

Magicalmouse125

Yeah. I saw one of these when i went to see 'Bolt'. It was called Tokyo Mater and was all about when Mater was a tokyo drift car. Really good
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Captain Pan

Bolt takes Me to a total of 3 Cars-Toons Caught, and 3 of great entertainment!

Mater's Tall Tales: Stunt Driver
Mater's Tall Tales: Rescue Squad Mater
Mater's Tall Tales: TokyoMater

Great Preparation for Cars 2 in 2012! Hopefully there will be more and different themed ones not Just "Mater's Tall Tales".

Luigi

hope it comes to europe soon, i like the Cars movie a lot and really looking forward to the Car Toons. Saw a trailer already and thought it looked funny enough.

Walts heir

That sounds cool