WDW Summer 2009!

Started by MinniesBestPal, September 18, 2008, 09:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinniesBestPal

YES YES YES YEEEEEESSS!!!

My dad says we're gonna book a holiday to WDW next summer, since its probably the last summer we'll be able to afford a holiday for a couple of years (at least until I'm 16, and have left school!)

But we were in the car today, and I'd just had the worst day, so I was just sitting in the back of the car, when my dad went "Oh, by the way, a brochure came today! Its from the disney company!" and I sat up and got really interested at this point. I was thinking "Paris? Paris!"

"So, I was thinking maybe we could go to WDW next year!"

I laughed so hard I started to cry! I'm so excited, but I haven't been since 2005, and I know everest was being built then, but are there any other things I should know about before we go? Any hints and tips about ques, or merchandise buying?

jeakat24

Hi I don't have any tips for you as I've never been to WDW, only Paris, just wanted to say that I'm really excited for you, I love to go, but I'd also love someone to pay for it for me (but that's not gonna happen lol!)

Be sure to let us all know when it's booked for  :)
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

MinniesBestPal

Thanks! I have absolutely no idea when we'll book it, but we're already saving up like mad!

I forced myself not to buy any cookies at tuck shop today, so I'd have some extra change for my piggie bank!

SophieD

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"I forced myself not to buy any cookies at tuck shop today, so I'd have some extra change for my piggie bank!

aww bless you! I hope it made your 'worst day' better!!! wish i had a lovely dad like that!! lol!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "SophieD"
Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"I forced myself not to buy any cookies at tuck shop today, so I'd have some extra change for my piggie bank!

aww bless you! I hope it made your 'worst day' better!!! wish i had a lovely dad like that!! lol!!

Yep! My day went terribly until then! And then everything seemed to go right! I'm really excited now!

MinniesBestPal

Saved up about £10 already in my Tinkerbell bank! Hopefully I can get a lot more before next summer, so I'll have a lot of spending money!

toonarmylass

im sure you will do fine with your spends hun, im going in march '10 and i can wait, i want plenty of photos and advice when you get back now!!!

TowMater

Here is some tips about the parks and rides:

Disney's Animal Kingdom, Once when the park opens just enjoy the view and head towards either Asia or Dinoland USA where it is less busier as everybody goes on the Safari first thing.

Disney's Hollywood Studios, Not much to do but make sure you'd make up the time by serching for characters around the hat and watching shows.

Magic Kingdom: Avoid spending too much time at Tomorrowland, There is thousands of stuff that is really enjoyable but very long queues and durations.

Epcot: Spend most of the day around World Showcase so to look around or take a boat on the lake, When me and my family did this it took us 4 hours to walk all the way round and even eating, shopping and once more, Characters!

Restaurants to eat at:

Magic Kingdom:
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Pinocchio Villiage Haus
The Crystal Palace

Epcot:
Eletric Umbrella
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
Liberty Inn

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
ABC Commissary
Starring Rolls Cafe
Hollywood & Vine

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Rainforest Cafe
Tusker House Restaurant
Restaurantosaurous

And almost everywhere you look there could be a Character or a Hidden Mickey so buy the Hidden Mickey book to find the Hidden Mickeys, They are even in the Hotel sceneries.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

BroadwayBelle

Congratulations on your trip to Walt Disney World!  A lot has been added to the parks since 2005 - here are some updates:

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Finding Nemo the musical

Disney's Hollywood Studios (no longer Disney-MGM):
Toy Story Midway Mania!
The American Idol Experience
Lights Motor Action! (Same show as Paris - this opened in 2005)
Block Party Bash (the daily parade)
High School Musical 3 - Senior Year - Right Here Right Now!

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth has been refurbished (new scenes, narration, score, post show)
Gran Fiesta Tour featuring the Three Caballeros (replaced El Rio de Tiempo in the Mexico pavilion)
Soarin' (This also opened in 2005, not sure if you caught this on your first trip)
The films in Canada and China have also been updated.

Magic Kingdom:
Pirates of the Caribbean has been updated with the characters from the films
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor Comedy Club
Dream Along With Mickey Castle Show
Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
Move It Shake It Celebrate It party

Those are all of the updates from 2005 - now that I can think of off the top of my head.  There are a lot of restaurant and merchandise changes, I'd be happy to list those too if you're interested. . .

Let me know if you have any questions  :D