[DLR] No More Golden Dreams, or Golden Screams

Started by AmericanMouse, September 22, 2008, 07:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

In case you didn't hear, the theatre at DCA that housed Golden Dreams has officially been sent to Yester California Adventure as of 7 September 2008.

It also means that there will be no more Golden Screams as this has been discontinued as well for the Halloween Time activities.

Remco K.

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"In case you didn't hear, the theatre at DCA that housed Golden Dreams has officially been sent to Yester California Adventure as of 7 September 2008.
So, construction on the Little Mermaid darkride might start soon than?

AmericanMouse

Yes, remco.  It will commence as early as May as I understand pending approval of the neccessary permits.

Kristof

Golden Dreams wasn't THAT good.  It was definitely interesting, but it was a bit too heavy material for a theme park ride.  And it was one of those "do once, never return again" rides.

Owain

Quote from: "Kristof"Golden Dreams wasn't THAT good.  It was definitely interesting, but it was a bit too heavy material for a theme park ride.  And it was one of those "do once, never return again" rides.
And you cant find one of those in DLRP  :)

Maarten

Quote from: "Kristof"Golden Dreams wasn't THAT good.  It was definitely interesting, but it was a bit too heavy material for a theme park ride.  And it was one of those "do once, never return again" rides.

Although I've never been to Disney's California Adventure, I have seen Golden Dreams on an illegal film on the internet. And from what I have seen (including the beautiful soundtrack) it touched me. I even think it was on par with several World Showcase films. Okay, it was heavy material, but to me it seemed to capture the spirit of the park, in the same way Le Visionarium did for Discoveryland. I can only hope they will at least re-use the Golden Dreams instrumental soundtrack near the new entrance in a few years...  :wink: