How to keep Pins safe?

Started by Barnsey313, August 27, 2008, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnsey313

Hi, I got into pin collecting about two years ago now and have filled my lanyard completely.... I don't feel I need a pin bag (the official one) - yet  :D (I'll probably get one next year) - As there's too much space any suggestions what I could use in the meantime?

Owain

Quote from: "Barnsey313"Hi, I got into pin collecting about two years ago now and have filled my lanyard completely.... I don't feel I need a pin bag (the official one) - yet  :D (I'll probably get one next year) - As there's too much space any suggestions what I could use in the meantime?

Maybe just get a A4 piece of card and just put them through and put then in a polly pocket ? Just an idea, my lanyard isnt full yet i have 2, a full one from WDW and my DLRP one with only 3 badges :(

lil-shawn

hmm good question, i have now 4 full lenyards and 3 of them with just 4 pins, but all of them hang on my wall to see it all the time  :D

MizzRabbit

I have the same problem. I only have one lanyard which is full, and about 55 pins. Just started collecting this summer. Well, I did get a great idea as how to keep them safe. I'm buying double-black cardboard and I put the pins through. Then I FRAME it! I've bought several small frames so I can display the pins different places in my appartment. Hope this helps. :)

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Willow

My sister bought one of these a few months ago.

Click Me

tubbsy

I do the same as MizzRabbit and have them hanging in my hallway with three full lanyards hanging around them. The frames tend to have the same character or stories in-WTP, Princesses, Mickey and gang....Its a bit of a DRLP themed wall as it also has a few nice characters with kids photos on there too. Its certainly a talking point when new visitors walk in.
"So, er, *cough*, er you like Disney then?"  :lol:
Just watch out when you are pushing the pins through! if you're not concentrating, then-ouch!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Barnsey313

Thanks for all your suggestions, Might use the framing Idea for now until I get a bag.

James.  :donald:

anthonysprincess

They're good ideas but personally if I were you I'd just try to find a bag that's cheap or something instead, because it is such a secure way to store them. I found mine on sale in WDW-I didn't even know items WERE on sale there hahaha-for like 10$ and I'm sure you might be able to find something like that on ebay for cheap? Just because if you're going to eventually... it's the best way to ensure they won't get scratched