15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

It's the trailer for the Jungle Book dvd's in October.  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"It's the trailer for the Jungle Book dvd's in October.  :wink:
Ah, not so bad then... Hopefully everyone will skip over it. :P

penfold12

I thought it was good! Its different. Kinda feels like two adverts however, a short one, then restarts for an extended one..

RnRCj

I thought the ad was kind of wierd... :? It was badly put together.

Anthony

Ahh now I see where this company got the contract - they produced the "Behind the scenes" and "Cast Members" preview videos for the 15th:
http://www.nightshift.fr/projet/60/29/disneycast-member Which were rather nice.

I watched the trailer again, thought I'd give it a second chance... it's like a bad Disney Channel music video with reeeeally slow cuts, and the guy in the pink shirt is incredibly annoying for some reason.

The song is completely horrible, couldn't they have used their own "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah... my oh my, what a wonderful day"? Unless I missed something and Sister Act 3: Back to the Studios is returning to WDS. :lol:  :lol:

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"I watched the trailer again, thought I'd give it a second chance... it's like a bad Disney Channel music video with reeeeally slow cuts, and the guy in the pink shirt is incredibly annoying for some reason.

The song is completely horrible, couldn't they have used their own "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah... my oh my, what a wonderful day"? Unless I missed something and Sister Act 3: Back to the Studios is returning to WDS. :lol:  :lol:
I agree totally, that man. Ekkkkk  :evil: There just something about him  :lol:
The White logo things init looks ok, not the best. But the song, is it even disney ? :P

GeoffD

yeah he was werid.

I dunno i'm warming up to the ad.
Look at their Publicite, they have some major french firms with them Quick, McDonalds, Lorel.

Nala_84

Is that really true that they will extend the 15 (!)th anniversary celebration until half of 2008 or even March 2009?!?  :shock:

Let me be the only one, but how dumb is this?! I mean I love the celebration so much with all its shows and decorations. But when they extend it, it's no more special anymore :(!
When they do this, what will await us for the 20th - 3 years of celebration?!  :?

Don't they want to celebrate Mickey's 80th birthday, didn't some of you mention something like that in here? :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Grumpphil

Quote from: "Baloo"As I expected, the "Happy Days" song just comes across far too cheap and even slightly slow and boring (somehow...), .

I thought you meant the theme tune from Happy Days the TV programme (the one with the Fonz) and now I've got it stuck in my head!

I totally agree that Happy Day is far too slow in the advert.  It has no energy to it - Happy Days may have been a better choice.

Does the fact that they show HSM on Tour mean that will also be extended?  I had heard it was extended til around now but thought that was the end of it.  DD will be thrilled if we can see it at Christmas although I suppose it will be too cold to do outside shows then.

Anthony

Quote from: "Grumpphil"I totally agree that Happy Day is far too slow in the advert.  It has no energy to it - Happy Days may have been a better choice.
Hahaha! But I think you're actually right, the TV Happy Days theme would have worked better. Still a very strange choice, but better than making out the extended 15th to be an event on the scale of "When Jesus washed my sins away" (as the Oh Happy Day song goes...) :?

Quote from: "Grumpphil"Does the fact that they show HSM on Tour mean that will also be extended?  I had heard it was extended til around now but thought that was the end of it.  DD will be thrilled if we can see it at Christmas although I suppose it will be too cold to do outside shows then.
Not at Christmas I'm afraid, it runs until 14th October (as mentioned in the HSM topic) but will return sometime next year, possibly/probably as early as April.

@ Nala_84 - Heh, I wouldn't call it dumb! This has been their most successful campaign ever (well, possibly aside from Space Mountain). So far we only know it'll run until the end of Summer 2008, the end date hasn't been confirmed. Stitch and the Tower should keep things fresh next year.

I guess we have to realise that not everyone visits DLRP as often as many of us do, so for them it's a great chance to see the 15th again or for the first time.

GeoffD

March 2009
QuoteThe show must go on...What do you mean I don't have the physique, charisma, or voice of Freddie Mercury. Frankly, you've got no imagination!
But I've just found out, thanks to my Mickey ears, that the 15th birthday celebrations are going on until March 2009 !!!
Why stop next March after all?

Why stop when there's still so much to see (or see again), to share and discover?
And so it goes on, we all hoped and prayed for it, and Disneyland Resort Paris has done it!
In the name of Winnie, Ariel and Saint Goofy ...Thank you!
And so, Candleabration will continue until March 2009. And the little train with Disney characters too. The Tower of Terror is arriving... at last!
And there'll be a host of new events too, with Stitch in the headlines in March... in short, there are a lot of good times ahead!
And so I say long live Freddie Mercury! ;-)

http://en.blog.disneyland15.com/2007/11 ... ust-g.html

So if we're missing out on Christmas or Halloween with a 15th style this year... there's always next year.

I knew it was continuing next year but not through till March 09'

Anthony

March 2009??! Phew. :lol:

I'm not bored of the 15th yet though, keep it rolling... :)

Be interesting to see how they pad out the final few months of the celebration, after next Christmas season when ToT will be one year old... Maybe Stars and Motor Cars or Playhouse Disney by then?

Kinou

That's so lame to continue the 15 th celebration til 2009 (the park will be 17 this year!!!). Even DLR did'nt stretch their 50TH ANNIVERSARY that long. And they cancelled the 80th birthday of Mickey Mouse for that... LAME.
Hug it out bitch !

The Butlin Boy

I must admit that it is a bit cheesy that they are extending it for a whole year until the 17th, but it is quite possibly the best ever marketing campaign and attendance levels that we have ever seen.
LONG LIVE THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY :D

cinders

well with it carrying on so long alot of people will rememeber the 15th birthday ! so has to be a good thing !:D and im sure with extending it they will top the amount of visitors they have had :D

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!