Big thunder mountain Waterfall?

Started by Barnsey313, September 01, 2008, 06:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnsey313

Hi guys, after spending almost all my time on big thunder last week I was disapointed by only one thing... the waterfall that splits on the rocks doesn't seem to be working.... Anyone know if it will return?

James.  :donald:

Nicholas-c

Its not always on, i think it mainly depends on weather, their was a few times when all the waterfalls at adventureland were turned off
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

burntsienna

Hmm, maybe it was just broken for a short while?
I was working when I was there...though this was the start of July.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Kristof

I read on Disney Central Plaza that the water is contaminated with some bacteria, which is the reason why Health & Safety turned most water effects off (Geysers, the splash, etc.).

burntsienna

Quote from: "Kristof"I read on Disney Central Plaza that the water is contaminated with some bacteria, which is the reason why Health & Safety turned most water effects off (Geysers, the splash, etc.).

Do they know what type of bacteria? Is it treatable so that they can be turned back on?
Though this could mean them having to treat all the water maybe, which could cost quite a considerable amount of money I'm guessing.
I do miss the Geysers though.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Barnsey313

Ah, Good to hear it's fixable! Hope they get it sorted soon!

Thanks Kristof!

James.  :donald:

smurfy74

normally water born bacteria can be treated with uvlight, so it should be easily treatable, but it depends if its a priority i suppose, shame as i love trying to not get wet. It cant be too serious though as there are water rides all over the world and they are still open!!!

EDDY

BTM is closed for the last 2 weeks in September, maybe they fix it then ?
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

smurfy74

the disney website is showing BTM as being closed the first 2 weeks in November, when we are going again for trip number 3 this year and its our favourite ride, have they moved the dates? fingers crossed

EDDY

Sorry I said the wrong :(
It was SPACE MOUNTAIN which is under refurb at the end of September.
BTM is closed for the 2 first weeks in November.

Hey Smurfy74 just read that you´re going to Disneyland the same time as I will .
Next week or ? YEAH ! wish you a great time ;)
Is holiday in GB ?
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Pete's Dragon

I've cracked it. The water is contaminated cause Old Joe and his dog have been urinating in it, that's why they've disappeared : Health and Safety came and took them away  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"I've cracked it. The water is contaminated cause Old Joe and his dog have been urinating in it, that's why they've disappeared : Health and Safety came and took them away  :wink:

That's not a very pretty picture is it :lol:  :roll:

daisylovesdisney

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"I've cracked it. The water is contaminated cause Old Joe and his dog have been urinating in it, that's why they've disappeared : Health and Safety came and took them away  :wink:

thas way funny, but souldn't we go looking for them with old jeller?!

cheshire cat

I think that the waterfall is off depending on the weather, as it is only ever on when we visit in the summer.         :P  :P  :P

:cheshire_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
Where the magic happens..........

bigrossco

Quote from: "EDDY"Sorry I said the wrong :(
It was SPACE MOUNTAIN which is under refurb at the end of September.

i will let you know when i return if anything better :D just tell me what to look out for
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista