DLP with the Baloos Day 2

Started by davewasbaloo, August 31, 2008, 06:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Well after the late night it was up the next morning, with a day at WDSP, swimming and Buffalo Bill's Wild West show followed by a romantic view of the fireworks from our room!!!!

The Studios were really busy, and the waits for Crush were silly. At least they weren't trying anything silly like Fastpass for it (sadly later in the week they did, and if ever I saw a reason to get ride of fastpass, that was it!!!!).

We really enjoyed the shows as always, and the new enhancements of the park shows that things are getting better and better. Tower has really made a positive difference.

I wonder if I actually prefer WDSP to DLP. Ok, maybe not quite, but wow, it is becoming a great little park.

We had a great day, and then dressed up in our Western Gear for Buffalo Bills (they made a few noticeable cutbacks for regulars, but nothing virgins would recognise). We met a huge family from the States and they loved it (they were a little cynical before the show, coming from Atlanta and Orange County Ca, but they loved it). And the French family next to us gave the show a stand ovation. The kids loved it too.

And me, I can't watch it without the darned ending bringing a little tear to my eye!

Into the Village, we were terribly disappointed with the generic merchandise in the Western Store, a sign they want to kill what used to be the resort's best themed store.

We had a couple of Mojito's and children's virgin cocktails in our hotel bar with souvenir glasses. Bit of sticker shock though - 39 Euro (£32, $64). But they were good and the glasses are lovely.

But watching the fireworks from our room was sublime.

Here are more details and pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?c=5 ... leid=en_GB
since 2001 (many before that)