Empire State Club... The pictures

Started by speedpacket, August 23, 2008, 09:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedpacket

Quote from: "pussinboots"No experienced traveler would say they felt this way after a Newport Bay Club stay.
There you go - they seem to hope to get non-experienced travellers, and make it seem as if Disney is all that different.  Well, it's not.  It's a hotel as any other hotel, and therefor, people should be able to expect the same as in any other hotel.
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

PetiteSirene

I really must be missing something regarding what you expected and the price then...

Considering a stay in the DL Hotel is 700 Euro a night for 2 people with tickets for a standard room, how could you expect the same service as the castle club which would obviously be more than that for 500 euro?

They said it was an option for people to book if the castle club was full, from what you are implying its cheaper than the castle club... yet you still get the VIP fast passes, you get service to your room, you get everything on the list... So it IS an option, before if the castle club was booked, then that was it, no other choice even if it was cheaper, but now there is that option.

As I said I can understand you are dissapointed as you were expecting something different, however I would understand a lot more IF you were paying the same as staying in the castle club, but by the looks of it you really are not.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

speedpacket

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"I really must be missing something regarding what you expected and the price then...

Considering a stay in the DL Hotel is 700 Euro a night for 2 people with tickets for a standard room, how could you expect the same service as the castle club which would obviously be more than that for 500 euro?

They said it was an option for people to book if the castle club was full, from what you are implying its cheaper than the castle club... yet you still get the VIP fast passes, you get service to your room, you get everything on the list... So it IS an option, before if the castle club was booked, then that was it, no other choice even if it was cheaper, but now there is that option.

As I said I can understand you are dissapointed as you were expecting something different, however I would understand a lot more IF you were paying the same as staying in the castle club, but by the looks of it you really are not.

I'm about to give up, but again.  WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND RESORT PARIS FOR 15 YEARS NOW, AND HAVE STAYED IN ALL HOTELS, INCLUDING DLH, CASTLE CLUB, AS WELL AS TRIED SOME OF THE SUITES.

WE KNOW PERFECTLY WHAT TO EXPECT AND WHAT NOT, AND THIS SIMPLY DOESN'T COVER IT!
Next visit:

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Medici

Hey!

I really get your point and i can understand your feelings! If you don´t get any value for your money and even nobody wants to understand your complaints at the hotel, you´ll really have to doubt on the whole system!

I hope you´ll get any compensation!

By the way:
I always thought, that Bell Service is included at the NY, even for the Standard rooms???

Is the Manhattan Restaurant is still closed everyday? I guess the refurbishment isn´t finished yet... am i right?

Mathias
[size=85]09/94 - SL
07/95 - NBC
07/96 - NBC
03/99 - WDW - All Star Sports
09/02 - HNY
09/03 - NBC
08/04 - Davy Crockett
08/05 - Holiday Inn & Dream Castle
11/05 - Holiday Inn
02/06 - WDW - Pop Century
08/06 - Davy Crockett & Dream Castle
11/06 - Holiday Inn
06/07 - Dream Castle
01/08 - Explorers Hotel
12/08 - HNY
03/09 - WDW - Pop Century
07/09 - Disneyland Hotel[/size]

Mr_B

It's strange as weve always had Bell service at the HNY in the standard rooms :?

It's a simple fact though if you think you've received bad service then you are correct to complain.

I'm worried now that maybe the service is going downhill in my favourite Disney
Hotel  :cry:

Let's hope thats not the case.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

miss disney fan

i can agree with speedpacket about the breakfasts we stay at the DLH and we chose to upgrade last year to castle club, the breakfast was a fraction of the size downstairs with only three or four hot things to choose from e.g. sauages, bacon, scambled egg and toast if you can count that. we where really gutted that as you say you spend the little extra to treat yourselfs and things seem to be downgraded  :evil:

speedpacket

Well...  I'm just a bit disappointed to see that many people on the board seem to be closed to criticism on their beloved Disneyland.
Believe me though - it really did put us off, and being one of the greatest fans of the resort for the entire 15 years that just passed, it came to a great disappointment to us to see how they ruined it all in just three days...

All I'm saying is that it's not because it has the name Disney printed on it, that 500+ EUR or up to 1000 EUR at Castle Club is worth it.  That's almost as arrogant as Apple is with the launch of their iPhones...

Without wanting to sound rude, but people believing that these prices are worth it, really should spend a day in a five star hotel in Paris city, and you'll soon know how much service is to be expected for these prices.  Not that we would expect the same, but at these restaurants they almost chew your food before you swallow it.  Overhere, it's almost too much to ask to being served a cup of coffee.  In stead you have to go to the buffet, get a cup that has not been dried when they took it out of the dishwasher, and get the most awful tasting cup of coffee ever (although I must admit that compared to other dust-coffees, Nescafe is probably the best :) )

Seriously, guys.  You don't even realise how much of a disappointment we had, and it seems some of the other forum members have experienced the same.  It's really not because you print the Disney label on it, that you can put these price tags on your products or services...

I'm just very worried that with the great results for their 15th, they seem to be trying to cash in as much as they can while it lasts, launching things such as Empire State Club, but also for instance by increasing their prices on merchandise for 20% (agreed we're living in a time with high inflation, but that is just about 4 - 6%, depending on which EU country you live in...)

I'm just saying that with this strategy, I wouldn't be surprised to see the results go down again, and that would be a real shame, wouldn't you all agree?
Next visit:

Epcot_Boy

I must admit that I too am a little bit suprised about some of the reponses in this thread :o
It seems to me that DLRP is the same as any company or organization, they will charge whatever the market rate is, or whatever they believe it to be :(
In this case, they believe the market rate for an ES room is 500euros, or nearly £400 :shock:
Considering what they are offering as, well extras........it is beyond me how anyone can say that that is good value.
Sure when people book they know what they are getting, to a degree, but that still has nothing to do with what is or isn't good value.
£400 for a room in a 4 star hotel demands, in my view, much better extras and services than is clearly available in ES rooms :(  Sure, it's a Disney hotel, but £400.

And as regards Market value, I think DLRP needs to be careful. I paid £300 for a room on the Admirals Floor in the middle of the Summer season..........But speaking to a CM regarding the Admirals Floor, she told me that the Admirals floor was half empty.........in the Middle of the summer :-k
Further pressing from me led to her saying that she was convinced it was to expensive for what it was.
It seems to me the market was telling DLRP that it needs to look at its prices........or what it offers in these rooms :)
When the novelty of the ES rooms wears off, they might also end up being unoccupied.
So to me, that is the discussion........is a ES room worth the money or not.........it seems pretty obvious to me it isn't.........even if you know what your getting before you book :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

Oh........and no one loves DLRP more than I do......but every now and then a few home truths are required.........and DLRP's pricing policy for their Hotels needs to be looked at.....although I won't hold my breath.........and in truth it won't stop me from going again next year :oops:  :wink:

David

pussinboots

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"I must admit that I too am a little bit suprised about some of the reponses in this thread :o
It seems to me that DLRP is the same as any company or organization, they will charge whatever the market rate is, or whatever they believe it to be :(
In this case, they believe the market rate for an ES room is 500euros, or nearly £400 :shock:
Considering what they are offering as, well extras........it is beyond me how anyone can say that that is good value.
Sure when people book they know what they are getting, to a degree, but that still has nothing to do with what is or isn't good value. [...]

I agree. That "you knew what you were getting before you booked" thing as well as "you got everything on that list" is kind of the verbal equivalent of a Gallic shrug. It's hardly an excuse for the poor value of Disneyland Paris' hotels.

davewasbaloo

Speedpacket - you are not alone. We stayed in the Hotel New York for 6 days this week and I doubt I will ever return. We stayed there because we could not get in to our beloved Marriott Vacation Club. We have stayed in all the DLp hotels over the last 16 years and the HNY always was the best, even better than the DLH in the past.

But I was shocked. We got less than a Holiday Inn for a Ritz Carlton rate.

- Check in was confused with queue jumping (rare in past)
- Bathtub tiles were moldy
- we were charged for minibar which we did not use (they rectified)
- Cleaning complaint every day
- Breakfast was ok
- They have reduced the number of characters they used to have
- The room service menu was greatly reduced with 2 items on it after 11pm!!!!! (used to be more)
- No turn down service any longer
- The one thing that really annoyed me was we had to fetch our own bags - despite them coming up to the room to get them (bell services used to sort it all for you - no help getting the bags to the car.)
- Manhatten restaurant closed and Parkside ruined as a stupid buffet.

We chose the HNY to have a nice service hotel to help with kids - room service, bell services, location etc.

Kristoff, stop defending poor service. I am not a kid. As someone who has stayed in almost all the deluxe hotels Disney has, as well as about 1200 nights in hotels over the last 14 years, the HNY has gone from being one of my favoured hotels in the world, to being a very disappointing experience. The park was awesome, best experience we have had since opening day. However, the hotel was one of the most disappointing experiences we have had at DLP. Not great.

Some very good points however -

- we had a castle view which was great for watching the fireworks from our room.
- the pool was excellent and they provide free water wings for kids (that is excellent)
- the breakfast was a good standard
- location is good, but that is a moot point as we park there often as Dream pass holders.

I am really sad because the Hotel New York used to be great, but now, not so much. It really is sad.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Oh, and the builders refurbing the suite across the hall started at 7:00am!!!
since 2001 (many before that)

speedpacket

Thanks for your support, Dave.
We will be sending an official letter of complaint to them anyway, as we feel this is no longer to be accepted by long-term customers (or even first-time experiencers for that matter...)

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Oh, and the builders refurbing the sweet across the hall started at 7:00am!!!
LOL - glad we were saved from that!!!  That would have been the drop for us ;)
Next visit:

Timbo

You get my support too ! At these prices service should be exceptional !! If you paid that rate for a hotel in a city centre service would be outstanding ! And the comment that was made about just being a room to sleep in ,I often wonder if these people have paid for a 4 or 5 star hotel ever,of course the hotel can add immensely to the pleasure of a trip anywhere !
The trouble is that Disney has a captive market,and because of this they become complacent.People will always want to stay in a Disney hotel and close to the magic (myself included ) and they lack any serious competition . If Ritz Carlton were allowed to open a hotel at the entrance to the Studios (like the DLH) I'm sure things would be very different !They don't need to make the effort with great service ,hotel occupancy is at 89% IIR and people will just try another Disney hotel if service at one of them is below par !
Good luck with your complaint ,Disney need a sharp reminder of what they should be offering for the price paid !
And before anyone asks,I am a lifelong Disney fan and have stayed in all the DLP hotels over the years,usually the DLH in later years !

speedpacket

Thanks, Timbo.
I'll keep you all posted on whether we get a response to our complaint.  I'm very curious really...  Never felt the need to send a complaint letter like I just did, but yes - they need to be reminded of why fans kept on coming the past 16 years :)
Next visit:

MrSanders

After having moved away from the DLH (steep price increase since 2005) we have been an extreme fan and advocate for the HNY. We are just planing our winter trip and don't want to be disappointed - since it is our only vacation in the year. Has anyone made positive experiences with the HNY lately?

Regards from the 100 acre woods.