Photography - Artwork

Started by burntsienna, August 20, 2008, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Thank you very much Alan - that's quite a compliment!

I haven't thought about it though, but you know maybe I should give it a try. If you want to see more of my work please visit my website, which is frequently updated :D nka-photo.com
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Tigerlilly

Some really lovely pics in these pages.

Here's a few of mine

Jellyman

Charlie Brown (Apollo 10 Command Module)

Along with more general photography, Astrophotography is my real passion, so here's a few of the moon from a month or so ago.

Below is a small section of the above moon photo, but at 100% so you can see the detail

Jupiter, Venus and Mercury lined up together

The Orion Nebula

Orion

Star trails

and straight on till morning.

DLP-Photos.com

Some great, great photos there Tigerlilly!!

Can I ask what camera you use? and especially what lens you have used for the moon shots?

I was taking a seminar on photojournalism monday and tuesday this week...

The results can be seen on my website here: //http://nka-photo.com/styled-3/page20/index.html

and also here: //http://nka-photo.com/page9/index.html
/Nicolai

Tigerlilly

Thank you very much.

I've a Canon 550D, though technically it's a T2i as it's from the US. Most of the shots are just using the kit 18-55mm lens, but the moon and nebula pictures are using what is effectively an 1800mm lens (my telescope ;) )

The camera is mounted directly to the telescope as a normal lens together with a 2x magnifier on a motorised equatorial mount to counteract the fact that whilst it's a small small world, it doesn't half fly through space at a fair old pace!  :D

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Tigerlilly"Thank you very much.

I've a Canon 550D, though technically it's a T2i as it's from the US. Most of the shots are just using the kit 18-55mm lens, but the moon and nebula pictures are using what is effectively an 1800mm lens (my telescope ;) )

The camera is mounted directly to the telescope as a normal lens together with a 2x magnifier on a motorised equatorial mount to counteract the fact that whilst it's a small small world, it doesn't half fly through space at a fair old pace!  :D

Well the results are quite impressive I must say! Great work!  :D
/Nicolai

Tigerlilly

I went for a walk yesterday, and took my camera along for the trip

DLP-Photos.com

Well I can almost smell the spring flowers and spring air - great photos! :)

My favourite:
Quote from: "Tigerlilly"
/Nicolai

Tigerlilly

Thank you, one of my favourites too. I just couldn't resist pointing my lens moonwards!

Spring was definitely springing, green shoots, blossom and sun. Lovely

DLP-Photos.com

So yeah, I got myself this bad boy on wednesday:

Decided to try it yesterday in the most wonderful zoo I know - Randers Regnskov (Tropical Zoo) a zoo containing three big glass domes with three Rainforest eco systems. Most of the animals are free roaming (incl. monkeys, birds, snakes, sloths, bats and many more. This makes the zoo a pleasure for an animal lover and a paradise for a photographer. A couple of my shots can be seen here:

Many more shots can be seen here and here. As I am still learning this lens I'd be very happy to hear comments on the photos :)
/Nicolai

DLP-Photos.com

So as some of you might know I have been trying to get into the Photo Journalism education in the Danish School of Journalism for quite some years. This year was no exception - unfortunately the result was no different - I didn't progress. The odds are incredibly hard (only 16 of a total 290 applicants are given a spot). While I probably won't try again next year, I will continue taking photos, I will continue telling stories with my photos and everything else regarding that :D

I thought I would share my series for this years audition. The overall theme was "New Times" and I wanted to try something alternative, something new and most of all to tell a story that I wanted to tell, that I would be proud to tell. This is my series:

Is the film projectionist extincting
My series will put focus on the new times that are coming to the danish cinemas currently being digitalized to the joy of the guests. Behind the scenes, however, the film projectionists face a new time. After centuries of passionate craftsmanship they are replaced by computers. They are going from being labelled the magicians of our time to being observers monitoring the automatic systems that now produce the magic of the movies.

Please leave some feedback. Ask questions. Anything would be much appreciated :D
/Nicolai

DLP-Photos.com

I had a photo job at Aalborg Highland Games this weekend. As the photos haven't been passed along yet, I cannot share that many of the shots. I will share this though as I really like it, but it probably won't be part of the final series.

/Nicolai

Epcot_Boy

That's an interesting Panorama Silhouette :)  I was wandering though if you cropped the image from the left and started the panorama from the characters nearest the camera would it possibly be more effective, you know showing the soldiers(?) fading away into the distance :)
But either way it's still a very effective image :thumbs:  Thanks for sharing :)

David

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks Epcot_Boy. From what I understand of your idea it would be something like this?

I was also attending Aalborg Carnival this weekend. On Friday we had the professional groups in their own parade, while they headed the public parade on saturday. More than 100.000 people were participating, attending or helping on saturday!!

More photos can be seen here and here.
/Nicolai

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "forza_united"Thanks Epcot_Boy. From what I understand of your idea it would be something like this?

Yep :thumbs:  I like it :)

And I love this one in your collection...

Cheeky little thing :lol:

David

DLP-Photos.com

I had a lovely afternoon with a family of swans today! Nature really is precious :)

I was also given the opportunity to photograph other animals of the local wildlife:

/Nicolai