Non-Disney Artwork

Started by MizzRabbit, August 20, 2008, 01:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntsienna

Thanks!
I've got about 4 others on the go at the moment too. I'm trying to get at least 1 portrait of every character from my Trilogy done.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

DLP-Photos.com

Wow - it is great to have you back here Laura. Your artwork has been missed and once again it seems to become amazing - I cannot wait to see the future updates from you  :D/
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

burntsienna

Quote from: "forza_united"Wow - it is great to have you back here Laura. Your artwork has been missed and once again it seems to become amazing - I cannot wait to see the future updates from you :D/

Aw thank you!
I'm glad to be back! It's been so long. Too long.

burntsienna

I started this drawing today, I didn't intend for Sienna to look sad but as the drawing progressed she just started to look it. So now I'm just going with it.  :lol:

burntsienna

Update.

There's a closer, cropped version on my Flickr.

burntsienna

I've finally finished the drawing I've been working on (well one of the drawings I've been working on)

Close up

This drawing is actually A3 and it took me a while to get the shading done because her back was a lot of bare skin with little shadow on it. So the way in which I shade my work was made 10 times harder because I was having to be very careful about the change in pressure and general movement.  :lol:

JelleP

Great shadows! Keep posting updates, the details are amazing! :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

burntsienna

Quote from: "JelleP"Great shadows! Keep posting updates, the details are amazing! :D
Thanks!  :mrgreen:

I decided to start a new drawing yesterday I believe it was  :lol:

Here's a few shots =]

burntsienna

I've not been on here for some time, which isn't what I wanted. I wanted to be able to come back to the forum more regularly. But because I've set myself deadlines for certain projects I'm finding it hard to come here much as I like to sit back and read things which takes more time.
Sooo, lately I've been dabbling in digital painting for the front of my first book which I'm going to get printed myself just so I have a hard copy of it. I'm self taught with the digital painting and am just tackling it as it comes.
Here's a Work in progress shot of the book cover.

It still needs A LOT of work but it's slowly getting there  :lol:

Ooo and with this, as its my first time really trying it with a graphics tablet..I used a reference of a photo of Megan Fox.

MinniesBestPal

Wow, that's amazing  :thumbs:

I got a Wacom Bamboo tablet for Christmas, so I've been trying a lot of digital art lately too. I've also been trying to draw more realistic things for a change:

A portrait I did of Emilie Autumn (I'm not sure if anyone's heard of her?)

burntsienna

Ooo thats the tablet I have, I think. The white one? I know there's a few in the Bamboo range.
I love the drawing! You've really progressed since the last work I saw you post.  :thumbs:  :mrgreen:  =D> You're even better now!

DLP-Photos.com

It looks very good MPL - as Laura says you have become even better.. Keep up the work and please share it with us :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

SwipatronSparks

oh wow =] the drawings in this thread are awsome =] i love that theres a non disney artowrk thread, i dont really do disney drawings except for a random drawing if mickey mouse i have on my wall, i tend to draw anime more to be honest, i draw digitally with the touch pad mouse on my laptop using jasic paintshop pro 8 =] and occasionally i use my graphics tablet, depending on what im drawing.

so heres my two cents, i will up load a picure i am working on as i go along =]

this is a picture of a set of twins called Kaoru and Hikaru from an anime called Ouran High School Host Club

i love this picture most of all the ones i have done.... im not sure about their pose, but after about 3-4 hours of drawing i didnt care any more and doubted very much i would be able to do their eyes that good again =] and i did the shading on hikaru's shirt a little too heavy... =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"A portrait I did of Emilie Autumn (I'm not sure if anyone's heard of her?)

i've heard of her =] its an awsome picture =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

MinniesBestPal

*squeal* HIKARU AND KAORU XD

Yes I love OHSHC :3 I draw a lot of anime myself, though I wasn't sure if many people on this forum liked it

Quote from: "burntsienna"Ooo thats the tablet I have, I think. The white one? I know there's a few in the Bamboo range.
I love the drawing! You've really progressed since the last work I saw you post.  :thumbs:  :mrgreen:  =D> You're even better now!

Thank you. Yeah, thats the white one, with the circle in the middle and the four buttons at the top? I haven't seen the other bamboos, so I don't know.